Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hell-Fire discussion

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I'm curious to know something...

How many people actually have send him hardware and not received it back yet, not even any news ar estimates on shipping date?
    What's the value of all those mobos, video cards and psus?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. Maybe he got greedy and stole it all? It seems no better.
    Opteron 165
    Dfi NF4 Expert
    4x1 1GB twinmos PC 3200
    XFX 7900GT 550/1500

Xtreme Member
    I sent him an Abit IC7-MAX3 for a vdimm mod. The worst part was that I send a little extra cash for his troubles. I think I'll look into contacting his local police and trollhunters. Even though I did get another board, I can't let this go.

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Piazza0028
    thanks a lot hell-fire...
    I'm tired of this, I'm just going to eat the 100 some odd dollars and let him win... it's not worth my energy at this point

I wouldn't.
    Level 80 UD Death Knight on Murmur (Beta)

I spoke to Ron many times in the month's of December and January both on the phone via email and PM. He would answer everytime or get right back to me. I wanted my son's board done and a friend of his done at the same time. I told him time was really an issue and that these 2 young men were getting ready for the new semester. He told me he could relate as he was a student as well. He told me 2 weeks max turnaround time. He gave me a price. I sent more than double his asking price so we could get them done and back before the new semester. I sent him the following items:

1-ASUS P4C-800-E-DELUXE mobo
    1-ABIT IS7-MAX3 mobo
    1-INTEL 2.4 30 cap NORTHWOOD cpu
    1-INTEL OEM HEATSINK & FAN
    $250.00 cash

It also cost me $48.23 to next day air these items to expedite the process. He said he needed the cpu and fan to test the boards with. (1st redflag?)
    After he got the items on January 19th contact with me has been almost nill. (2nd redflag?) He no longer answers any form of contact period. I was worried from the start and contacted a member here who to date has be as helpfull as he could be. So as far as I am concerned Ron Bradley is a liar and a thief. It is as plain and simple as that. And to make matters worse I have the other young mans dad all over my ass about his sons board on almost a daily basis. Thats just great too. Nothing but fun times thanks to Ron. 2 mad students and a pissed off old man. Just what I needed.

Ron, if you read this, I do not care about the mods, just send our parts back and let's end this nightmare. Keep the money as well. Just send the parts back. Do the right thing man, what goes around comes around. You got some bad karma right now my friend.

On a much better note I sent a board to Malves on Tuesday and it is already on it's way back for my son. Imagine that, a man of his word that did what he said he would do. Nice job Marcelo

Doubs
    Last edited by Doubs; 04-01-2005 at 06:45 PM.

Xtreme Member
    this really sucks i would hate to see this happen like this maybe he was hospitalized or something surely hes not gana just run off with every ones stuff is there anyway to contact his family?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hell-Fire (This was on 1/7/05)
    Hey Vlad.

Thats exactlly what I am looking for actually. A trade for the board in exchange for VMods would be perfect.

Just ship me the board, and then whatever other hardware you want worked on and we are good to go. Be sure to include a note in the box stating exactlly what you would like modded so that there is no confusion.

Shipping:

Ron Bradley
    5526 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
    Durham, NC 27703

Thanks a ton man. I really need this board.

-Fire

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hell-Fire (This was on 2/4/05)
    Hey Vlad.

All hardware, including yours, will go this coming week.

I will make sure yours goes out early (Mon-Tues).

Fire

(And this is what i sent him on 3/17/05)

I Dont care if you didnt get to it yet just send my Video card back and keep the Abit board i sent you in trade .
    "I JUST WANT MY CARD BACK!"

Wow Doubs you are $©r3w3d.

How I miss the good old days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VladTepesImpaleForest (Large).jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	27869  
    Last edited by vlad; 04-01-2005 at 07:40 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Good luck with this poor situation guys!

To all that think they can get help from the police: I've had a problem similar to that before, where a service was supposed to be rendered but wasn't. I tried to report the item as stolen, but the police wouldn't let me. They said it was a civil matter and that I should hire a lawyer and take the guy to small claim's court. It wasn't worth it. In addition, I actually made this guy sign a contract with his driver's license # and a witness. It didn't matter.

I wouldn't bother with the police ATM. If this has happened to enough people though, that constitutes fraud and you can actually report it as that. So my suggestion would be to get a bunch of people together, all the names and proof of sending him stuff and then contact the authorities. If you can prove it happened to enough people they start to care (that's what they told me).
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    1 GB of OCZ PC3700EL Platinum TCCD
    AMD 3500+ Clawhammer (XP-120)
    eVGA 6200 -> 6600 softmod

I sent him an abit nf7-s and $40 in cash to be vdimm modded
    CoolerMaster Wavemaster w/ Clear Window
    DFI Ultra Infinity (VDIMM, VCORE, VDD Mods, Hell-Fire Bios CPC Off)
    AMD Mobile 2600+ IQYHA (10x255)
    Mushkin 1GB (2x512) BH-5 @ 2-2-2-11 3.6v
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro --> XT
    Creative Audigy 2ZS
    Koolance Exos Liquid CPU & GPU Cooling (40 Idle & 46 Load)
    Western Digital 74gb Raptor & 80gb 8MB Storage

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackbar
    So my suggestion would be to get a bunch of people together, all the names and proof of sending him stuff and then contact the authorities. If you can prove it happened to enough people they start to care (that's what they told me).

Xtreme Member
    damn this sucks bad

2.4C killer
    I had him Vmod some of my stuff awhile ago, a 9800Pro and a IS7 board.
    although I got it all back, all the ports on the mobo were fried... USB PS2 PCI. Only thing that worked was the AGP slot. Worst of all he didnt tell me it died he said it was shipping. The 9800 worked fine though, kinda worthless though without a motherboard. Took him awhile to send my stuff also, although I eventually got it. I gave him some money also...

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    I'm really very disturbed it came to something like this. Are we ruling out the posibility that something could have happened to him? He hurt himself or something? I don't know, just thinking...

Xtreme Member
    well, i learned my lesson a while back when he completely screwed my MAX3 and took forever to reply or get back to me and admit he screwed things up. after that incident, i used malves and his skills completely own HF's. plus Malves is someone you can trust.

i will never let anyone else touch my hardware other than Malves...
    [17:03] Geoff- In Tech: "Oh, I know..and you are a suitable weenie for that."

XS D2OL & RAM News
    yeah, I guess he just wanted to build up everyone's trust, then just take the stuff. Sad way to see him go. Yeah, I could see the police not doing much, but yeah, all the guys who sent him stuff should get together. That might make "them" listen

Good luck to all who lost hardware

jjcom

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcom
    yeah, I guess he just wanted to build up everyone's trust, then just take the stuff. Sad way to see him go. Yeah, I could see the police not doing much, but yeah, all the guys who sent him stuff should get together. That might make "them" listen

Good luck to all who lost hardware

jjcom
    I think this makes alot of sense. we should all call the same headquaters and complain. this will definatly get the cops off thier ass and over to his residence.
    [17:03] Geoff- In Tech: "Oh, I know..and you are a suitable weenie for that."

XS D2OL & RAM News
    The whole "Strength in numbers" saying seems to be your best friend in a case like this

jjcom

Well after reading these replies and some other threads I would REALLY prefer that you do not touch our boards Ron. Surely you can take a little of that $250.00 I sent you and ship them back to us. By the way all our items were almost new and all shipped in their original boxes placed inside a larger box. Come on Ron, what can it cost you to ship them back to me, $20.00 bucks at the most? You made $230.00 for doing nothing (I hope) except causing alot of grief.

Ron, don't mod our boards, please just send them back. You have your money.

Doubs
    Last edited by Doubs; 04-01-2005 at 08:57 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Then lets get the heads i mean ball rolling.

Durham Police Chief
    (919) 560-4322
    505 W Chapel Hill St
    Durham, NC 27701

Isnt mapquest a wonderful thing.
    I wonder if any of my bros are still stationed at Fort Bragg?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ron's House.gif 
Views:	99 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	27871  
    Last edited by vlad; 04-01-2005 at 09:12 PM.

Aint No Real Gangster
    man, i would be pissed. if i was local to him i would be knocking on his door. god, what a loser. its BS that people make excuses for him. he has been online and hasnt said a damn word. he is a coward in my mind, and a con.

BTW: has anyone got anything modded by him and not have it take forever or get partially fried?
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

He is in the county, you have to call the Durham County Sheriff's Office 919-560-0900.

Doubs

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    I had stuff done by him and I got it back really really quick and all the mods were perfect.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubs
    He is in the county, you have to call the Durham County Sheriff's Office 919-560-0900.

Doubs
    Take your pick.

Durham County Criminal Justice (919) 560-0500
    102 E Main St, Durham, NC 27701

Durham County Juvenile Crime (919) 560-7988
    121 Market St, Durham, NC 2770

Durham County Sheriff (919) 560-0897
    201 E Main St, Durham, NC 27701

Durham County Sheriff (919) 560-0659
    326 E Main St, Durham, NC 27701

Durham County Sheriff Training (919) 560-0930
    11821 US Highway 501, Rougemont, NC 27572

Durham County Sheriff's Dept (919) 560-0940
    2910 Old Page Rd, Durham, NC 27701

Durham County Sheriff Dept (919) 560-0987
    5323 Wake Forest Rd, Durham, NC 27703

Last edited by vlad; 04-01-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Banned
    I am truly sorry it has come to this. I turned over all over his contact info that we have to tonyh at trollhunters yesterday.

c[_]

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast