Thread: "ABIT" From the horses mouth.

Brilliant Idiot

"ABIT" From the horses mouth.

reply to my complaint that 2.8vddr is not enough as some OCZ requires at least 2.9vddr to run at rated speeds and also a reply to an8 temp bug( after rebooting 3 times temps are highly exagerated)

Dear ABIT user,

Thank you for choosing ABIT prodcut.

The memory controller is integrated in the CPU of AMD K8, so raising the DDR voltage may damage not only the RAM module, the motherboard
    but may also damage the CPU itself. That is the reason why we did not make the DDR voltage higher then the spec.

As for the CPU temperature, we will check if it will be innacurate after several boots

Reply 2 concerning new mobos and possible voltages.

Dear ABIT user,

Thank you for choosing ABIT prodcut.

We are sorry to tell you that our product team is still considering on the DDR voltage issue, so we are not sure what the final decision is. Could be 3.2V, I cannot confirm this.

As for the ETA, AN8 ULtra should be released soon, AN8 Fatal1ty SLi will be released around end of April.

*As much as i like abit products my patience is wearing thin with them. I wonder how much they are paying the guy that makes the heading for all theyre replies ETC Dear abit user thank you for choosing abit *prodcut*.....
    I think they should have fired this guy and given Oscar a raise with the money they saved by getting rid of this guy............
    Last edited by chew*; 03-31-2005 at 08:22 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

LOL AN8 Fatal1ty SLI will be like $300

Got news? Post it HERE

Quote Originally Posted by chew*
    I think they should have fired this guy and given Oscar a raise with the money they saved by getting rid of this guy............
    Yup, they would have made more money anyway if the Fatal1ty was like the Lanparty...

And in regard to the voltage thing, I was talking to the guy at my local computer store, he said he had been talking to a Abit official who said they were gonna release a bios to allow up to 3.0v. Hasen't Tictac already looked at the bios and said there was no way to change this? Maybe the guy in the store was just trying to make a sale but hes always been pretty honest with me, maybe he was getting it confused with the ultra...well just thought I share this

Xtreme Addict
    I doubt running high vDimm damages the mem controller since there are plenty of people running 3.3v+ for 24/7 usage, and OCZ won't release their PC4000 VX ram rated for 3.3v....

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    running high Vdimm can damage the mem controller, especially on the older CO chips

Opty 144 0546FPMW @ 2.8ghz
    MSI K8N Neo 2
    2 x 512mb OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 TCCD
    ATI X800 Pro @ 570/1200
    Plus some other metal fings...
    Will do me till Conroe
    Heat

the jedi master
    The Issue is VTT as the memory controller actually only has a small diode sperating the Vdimm VTT from what looks like the Vcore VTT value.

Once the diode degrades or is damaged the cpu will see voltages it shouldn't.

One way round this is to design a board that allows high vdimm and VTT but the cpu could see a lower generated voltage just to keep it sweet...whether this would work or not i have no idea, it may already be in place on the Lan Party.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Good luck on the temperature issue. I have an AV8 with the same problem. There is a 20+ page thread on Abits forums with complaints about temperatures. They just dont seem to be able to get it right.

Xtreme Member
    Abit people are getting more and more pathetic. They want to offer "performance" motherboard but all they are coming with are plastic gadgets while the true power options like VDimm are missing. I used to buy mostly Abit boards but my last three boards are DFI and as far as I am concerned Abit is lost in space. Fatal1ty (what a stupid name!) is no NF7-S, that is for sure.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    I've been at 3.6v for a week on my 24/7 rig with MUSHKIN BLUE UTT.... my Winny's not dead YET.

Xtreme Member
    The ABIT AX8 (socket 939 K8T890) has 3.2V Vdimm according to one user.