Thread: VapoChill + DFI NF4...how'd you do it

Xtreme Member

VapoChill + DFI NF4...how'd you do it

This probaly gonna sound a little dumb, but I've got a little problem nagging me that I can't figure out.

With the CPU socket placement on the DFI NF4, my Vapo Cooling hose has quite a bit of slack and "pokes" out past the side of the case. I can't get my side panel on with the PC-7 PLus...and that really bugs me. If you have a Lian-Li + Vapo and DFI...how did you do it? I've seen some guys bend the hose pretty hard, but I'm a bit weary to try this. The hose really doesn't seem to have as much flex in it as my other cooler did, and I would hate to break the cap tube or flex hose.

Any advice would be great...Thanks
    Shock'D:
    CPU: Intel 2500k @ 5.0GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS MIVE
    RAM: GSKill 1866 @ 7-9-7-24
    Video: 2 x HD6970 @ 940/1425
    PSU: Corsair AX1200W
    Case: Custom TJ07
    Cooling: Cooled by EK and HWLabs

Xtreme Member
    put some spacers between the bottom of your case and the top of the vapochill. youll have a gap but the case will close. you could always do a little mod and put acrylic round the gap and light it internally

I think this would work although ive bent my hose to somepretty bizzare angles in my time (no pun intended )
    I7 Processor on phase 5.5ghz

Admin
    I think this would work although ive bent my hose to somepretty bizzare angles in my time (no pun intended )
    Go easy on the hose, That thing gotta last you a long time. I don't think Chilly1s brazing skills are "THAT" good.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oublie
    I think this would work although i've bent my hose to some pretty bizzare angles in my time (no pun intended )
    Don't you hate that? lol

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost_Bite
    This probaly gonna sound a little dumb, but I've got a little problem nagging me that I can't figure out.

With the CPU socket placement on the DFI NF4, my Vapo Cooling hose has quite a bit of slack and "pokes" out past the side of the case. I can't get my side panel on with the PC-7 PLus...and that really bugs me. If you have a Lian-Li + Vapo and DFI...how did you do it? I've seen some guys bend the hose pretty hard, but I'm a bit weary to try this. The hose really doesn't seem to have as much flex in it as my other cooler did, and I would hate to break the cap tube or flex hose.

Any advice would be great...Thanks
    I'm in the same boat with my Mach II. I'm going to cut some small PVC tube spacers to put the bolts through to lift the case a little.

The side panel being off is annoying and "just not right".

Xtreme Addict
    The side panel of my case has been in the closet for atleast 6 months:P and that is the side panel of the back side of the case The other has been there way longer
    cool cool cool!