Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New OCZ BH-5 and VX , what to expect

Xtreme Addict
    OCZ is special :-)
    OCZ employee and proud of it.
    If you have actually personaly experienced a problem with a OCZ product that was not solved quickly by our wonderful support staff I would like to know. Feel free to PM
    Thanks

I am overclocked!

"Posted on Mar 30, 2005 at 1:35 AM by StormGod
    In soviet Russia memory overvolts you! "

Quote Originally Posted by ryanpgroovy
    OCZ is special :-)
    OCZ is the

Got news? Post it HERE

Xtreme Member
    well m8 i dont know , i only ever bought some pc180 ram from you guys and was so fu*****ing pissed off that it didnt do 150 at cas 3 even... But i suppose thats back in the day.

I only use ADATA now.. vitesta 500 does 590 cas2.5-3-4-0-1T so im happy

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo|Minion
    so adata did vitesta 600 and you followed like ... a year later ? come on m8
    OCZ aint that special , there are 10 other brands that produce pretty much the same stuff
    Beleive me, it is true that OCZ as been copied MANY times.....

the jedi master
    OCZ aint that special , there are 10 other brands that produce pretty much the same stuff
    When we started using the 808 no one else was, we also released DDR600 a year ago although next to no boards and CPU's could do the FSB. I remember trying to get an MSI to run 300+ at CEBIT with ram i had running well over 300 with an Asus P4c800e, the cpu was a P4M that runs 311fsb at 1.5v air cooled all day.

I have a feeling its more like 18 months with the BP PCB, Ryan will know more as he decided to switch to it...it was shortly after the 3700gold rev1, we were testing 4000gold with Hynix BTD43 from what i remember and we were using a pretty funky HP PCB that worked well on asus but not much else. I remember the first modules i got on the PCB were running 297fsb with the mobile 2.5-4-4-5...i should still have em here some where.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Addict
    :grr: OCZ has by far the best customer support in the business, and besides that they make the best type of pretty much every memory, their UTT is the best UTT, their BH-5 was the best BH-5, their Hynix is the best Hynix, the only arguable thing is whether GSkill TCCD is better, besides that there is absolutely no reason not to buy OCZ memory.

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

3DMark05: 12308
    3DMark03: 25820

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe
    When we started using the 808 no one else was, we also released DDR600 a year ago although next to no boards and CPU's could do the FSB. I remember trying to get an MSI to run 300+ at CEBIT with ram i had running well over 300 with an Asus P4c800e, the cpu was a P4M that runs 311fsb at 1.5v air cooled all day.

I have a feeling its more like 18 months with the BP PCB, Ryan will know more as he decided to switch to it...it was shortly after the 3700gold rev1, we were testing 4000gold with Hynix BTD43 from what i remember and we were using a pretty funky HP PCB that worked well on asus but not much else. I remember the first modules i got on the PCB were running 297fsb with the mobile 2.5-4-4-5...i should still have em here some where.
    interesting, but what i remember is that when i was looking to buy ddr600 modules in october 2004 the only company that had anything remotely next to ddr600 modules was Twinmos with teh ddr566 twister, of course i stand to be corrected

Quote Originally Posted by HiJon89
    :grr: OCZ has by far the best customer support in the business, and besides that they make the best type of pretty much every memory, their UTT is the best UTT, their BH-5 was the best BH-5, their Hynix is the best Hynix, the only arguable thing is whether GSkill TCCD is better, besides that there is absolutely no reason not to buy OCZ memory.
    yeah m8 I disagree with you and want to be rude to you i have had numerous sticks of Geil and Adata rams which have performed better than any ocz i have *tested*, i have only ever bought it once and i shall not do it again, considering how expensive it is compared to anything else. Come on... 1Gb of Vitesta 600 is 227$

I have always appreciated them taking care of their consumers (somethign that they did not do back five years ago, not that youd know of course, considering why probably did not know what memory was then), but the price we have to pay is too inflated
    Last edited by lalPOOO; 03-22-2005 at 06:19 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    nice info....am slowly liking OCZ back again =)...

Xtreme Addict
    yeah m8 go f** yourself too i have had numerous sticks of Geil and Adata rams which have performed better than any ocz i have *tested*, i have only ever bought it once and i shall not do it again, considering how expensive it is compared to anything else. Come on... 1Gb of Vitesta 600 is 227$

I have always appreciated them taking care of their consumers (somethign that they did not do back five years ago, not that youd know of course, considering why probably did not know what memory was then), but the price we have to pay is too inflated
    How can you call OCZ too expensive when for $150 you can get 1GB of Value VX which people are getting around 240 2-2-2-5 with
    http://www.atacom.com/program/print_...C2&USER_ID=www

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJon89
    How can you call OCZ too expensive when for $150 you can get 1GB of Value VX which people are getting around 240 2-2-2-5 with
    http://www.atacom.com/program/print_...C2&USER_ID=www
    cool but
    1) My board allows up to 3.4V (with Vmod)
    2) My cpu runs at 340X8 , i dont want my memory to run at 240

Xtreme Enthusiast
    dude voodoo, you're in the wrong thread

the jedi master
    interesting, but what i remember is that when i was looking to buy ddr600 modules in october 2004 the only company that had anything remotely next to ddr600 modules was Twinmos with teh ddr566 twister, of course i stand to be corrected

yeah m8 go f** yourself too i have had numerous sticks of Geil and Adata rams which have performed better than any ocz i have *tested*, i have only ever bought it once and i shall not do it again, considering how expensive it is compared to anything else. Come on... 1Gb of Vitesta 600 is 227$

Half the issue with the price in the uK is not our fault m8, in the US sales are volume over markup...in the UK its markup over volume. I know this as i questioned gibbo on pricing on his forum and was instantly banned.

We are working hard to drive prices down in the UK and the EU, we are a growing company and you will see changes soon.

Regarding what happened 5 years ago...thats long gone bud, the only place that keeps rearing its head is on another well know forum where they chose to live in the past.Infact im just about to RMA a guy here in the UK who 2 years ago never recieved his replacement module from a well know online reseller. He only wanted a 256 module but will end up with a dual channel kit...

You have to admit thats customer service! I don't see any other company looking after customers like this.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

I am Xtreme
    We only use BP PCB pretty much and have done for well over a year now. Remember we were pretty much the first to do so and all others have followed.

when did you start using the BP pcb?

Xtreme Member
    Half the issue with the price in the uK is not our fault m8, in the US sales are volume over markup...in the UK its markup over volume. I know this as i questioned gibbo on pricing on his forum and was instantly banned.

We are working hard to drive prices down in the UK and the EU, we are a growing company and you will see changes soon.

Regarding what happened 5 years ago...thats long gone bud, the only place that keeps rearing its head is on another well know forum where they chose to live in the past.Infact im just about to RMA a guy here in the UK who 2 years ago never recieved his replacement module from a well know online reseller. He only wanted a 256 module but will end up with a dual channel kit...

You have to admit thats customer service! I don't see any other company looking after customers like this.
    well m8 i have to say that i am very happy when someone responds maturely to this perhaps youll c me as a customer very soon the way things are going

thanks very much and about gibbo, hes an outright &^#^ (sorry for that) and ive had many dealings with him and defective products

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca
    when did you start using the BP pcb?
    probably around 18 to 20 months ago or so
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Here to help
    Lets not let this thread nosedive please. There is no need to flame, use bad language(however disguised). Forum rules are being bent if not broken.

Lets all show some maturity

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

I am Xtreme
    probably around 18 to 20 months ago or so
    would you attribute it to the increased performance of other modules over the jedec spec, or is it just luck of the draw? Is it the PCB which allows the use of high voltage, or the chips themselves?

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca
    would you attribute it to the increased performance of other modules over the jedec spec, or is it just luck of the draw? Is it the PCB which allows the use of high voltage, or the chips themselves?
    Look at reviews/roundups, OCZ with the BP PCB was winning right from the BTD43 days.

it took Nate on Legit Reviews to point this out to corsair and now even they use it...LOL
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Member
    well m8 i have to say that i am very happy when someone responds maturely to this perhaps youll c me as a customer very soon the way things are going
    Trust me you won't be disappointed!! From my personal dealings with OCZ and their products I won't buy anything else
    920 DO @ 4200Mhz 210X20 1.35Vcore HT on, everything except Turbo enabled!!
    MCP600--Dangerden heatercore--Apogee GTZ--Weapon heatercore back to the pump with a T-line. All fans are 120mm Sanyo Denki San ace's
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 6GB Corsair XMS3 1680Mhz 8-8-8-24 1.666V, QPI-3780Mhz, NB-3360Mhz
    2 Evga 460 Superclocked EE's in SLI
    BFG EX1200Watt PSU
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    5.5TB Internal HD space!!
    2 Seagate external HD's totalling 2.5TB's
    HAF 932
    2600K @ 4.5GHZ 1.280Vcore
    16GB Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24-2T 1.5V
    1 Evga 570 SC, 1 Evga 260 SC (Physics)
    PCP&C 750Watt Mk II PSU
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    2x120GB Gskill Sniper SSD RAID0
    2x1.5TB WD Black Sata III RAID0
    HAF X

Heatware

/dev/zero
    Great news... I'd have a problem chosing between 4000VX and 3200Gold 2-2-2 though

Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Addict
    ok guys .. I just want to put an end to the weird stuff in the thread , so hopefully this will fix it

I am glad that people like to buy Memory from our fine Taiwanese based competitors , they surely can make things cheaper that we can here in the US.

I wont argue about our products consistently outperformour competitors , because I surely can not convince everyone that is the case , no matter how much I beleive it or how much we strive for it.

But , short of any problem years ago , OCZ has become known as the company with the best service and warranty.. if you dont like service and you dont like warranty , then OCZ is not for you .

If warranty and service are your highest concern , take a look at titanium series , which has lifetime advanced replacement warranty

If you support OCZ becuase we firmly support the overclocking community , and our CEO is a Mad Overclocker ... then we are glad to have your business and will go any length to make sure your satsified with our product

Oh and BTW .. if you have that old PC-180 ( from the old days ) that doesnt work right , email me at ryan@ocztechnology.com , and I will make sure you get one of our new products as a free upgrade , just to make up for lost time :-)
    Last edited by ryanpgroovy; 03-22-2005 at 05:38 PM.
    OCZ employee and proud of it.
    If you have actually personaly experienced a problem with a OCZ product that was not solved quickly by our wonderful support staff I would like to know. Feel free to PM
    Thanks

I am overclocked!

"Posted on Mar 30, 2005 at 1:35 AM by StormGod
    In soviet Russia memory overvolts you! "

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAE
    Great news... I'd have a problem chosing between 4000VX and 3200Gold 2-2-2 though

Same here. Just about to order the 4000VX and now have to think about ot

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by neokenzo
    Same here. Just about to order the 4000VX and now have to think about ot
    lol, this is pretty funny the way people are going back and forth on the 4000VX, first a couple people only got 255 2-2-2-5 and some people got mad and didn't want it, then someone got 265 2-2-2-5 and then a lot of people wanted it, finally OCZ mentions more BH memory and some people don't know if they should've gotten the VX

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

XS News
    ok guys .. I just want to put an end to the weird stuff in the thread , so hopefully this will fix it

I am glad that people like to buy Memory from our fine Taiwanese based competitors , they surely can make things cheaper that we can here in the US.

I wont argue about our products consistently outperformour competitors , because I surely can not convince everyone that is the case , no matter how much I beleive it or how much we strive for it.

But , short of any problem years ago , OCZ has become known as the company with the best service and warranty.. if you dont like service and you dont like warranty , then OCZ is not for you .

If warranty and service are your highest concern , take a look at titanium series , which has lifetime advanced replacement warranty

If you support OCZ becuase we firmly support the overclocking community , and our CEO is a Mad Overclocker ... then we are glad to have your business and will go any length to make sure your satsified with our product

Oh and BTW .. if you have that old PC-180 ( from the old days ) that doesnt work right , email me at ryan@ocztechnology.com , and I will make sure you get one of our new products as a free upgrade , just to make up for lost time :-)

Good god almighty. That is unbelievable customer support. Hey I have purchased alot of RAM from you guys. Can I have a job?
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wow, and i thought costco had the best return policy

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast