Thread: Block a specific script from running?

Wanna look under my kilt?

Block a specific script from running?

Last couple weeks, MSN/Hotmail/Live has been doing my head in

This script:

https://js2.wlxrs.com/_D/F$Live.SiteContent.Messenger/4.2.59120/release/Microsoft.Live.Core.LocalStorage.FF.js:39

tries to run every time I open my hotmail. I think it's linked to Messenger-in-Hotmail (Im using FF.) Every time it runs, my HDD gets a 5-second thrash, then the script errors out.

Until its properly fixed, is there anything I can do to prevent it running?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Abp

I use Adblock Plus for that, if you need I can provide detailed instructions on how to do so, but it's pretty easy to figure out.

hope it's better by now

Xtreme Legend
    you could block js2.wlxrs.com using the hosts file. but then nothing from that site would work

if you block js2.wlxrs.com with AdBlock Plus, only live messenger isn't working
    at least for me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    The actual script can be blocked using Adblock. Adblock can stop a single script from a site, the rest of the site can run as normal.

Then there is NoScript this can also be set to block single scripts on a site by site basis or set to globally block scripting.
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.