Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: modem modification

c[_]
    I'm just north of the montana boarder near a small comunity called "Del Bonita" (and by small I mean population of ~10 people, not counting surrounding farms).

Telus is what i'm using at the moment, but they dont do ISDN at all as far as I can tell. Databoss does, i'm phoning them on monday.

Only problem is they probably limit to 80 hours a month or something (thats what telus was when they still offered it, but it was also $75/mo or something)
    Last edited by STEvil; 04-02-2005 at 08:45 PM.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    Quote Originally Posted by NST6563
    btw, which telco do you work for? I'm currently with SBC.
    Well, we currently go by Verizon where I am but that's probably going to change in the next few years. We've been through 4 name changes in the past 10 years so I think we're due for one.

I work for a department that does most of our own stuff. And what we can't actually do(due to company or union "issues") we can usually assist with. I floated around different outside departments because of getting bored easiely but this latest job title isn't half bad. And I know what you mean about o/s techs and knowledge... Some people blame it on the company... some blame it on us being a union shop... but I just blame it on the lazy people.

At any rate, maybe we'll all work for the same company one day... again.

@STEvil... is Telus your native local exchange carrier? If so... sorry... I'm of no help there. I am still curious about your loop length though. If you are like 80,000ft or more I'd just be floored.

[edit]Just realized you're in Canada... I know I won't be able to help with that then since we don't go that far north. [/edit]

c[_]
    Loop is probably significantly less than the distance from here to the ISP's.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    At any rate, maybe we'll all work for the same company one day... again.
    yeah...looks to be heading that way again. I'd just like my stock to go back up to around the $50's. It's been at the $23-$25 range for the past 3 years, and at that price I can't excersize any stock options (right now I have 1100 stock options that are worth less than the paper statement it's sent on) .

@Stevil, never underestimate a telco and their wiring. normally it doesn't follow the "driving" distance range. It follows the "however the engineer decided to route the wires" plan most of the time. Sometimes it's shorter than "driving distance", but more often than not, it's longer. I have a friend here that lives 7,000 feet from the CO, but the "line distance" was 12,000ft...which dropped his DSL rate. But since we both worked for the telco and gamed with one of the outside techs, we got a few strings pulled to reduce it to 8,500ft.
    Q6600 @ 3.4ghz 1.33v
    Evga 680i
    8800GTS 640
    2gb Adata Extreme
    OCZ Gamextreme 600w

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12