Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3Dmark2001 coming to an End??

Evil Kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    And then when the benchie concludes... the frame of the finish line, cars nose to nose would be the test result screen!! Then you could post a screenie and say like I OWNZ U, with your car like a wheel ahead of the other guy

Sweeeet idea Charlie! You know my passion for drag racing!!
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

Xtreme Member
    wow didnt know u guys liked drags. anyone else here race? i race super pro myself. and have my comp license to go as fast as 7.50s only ben 8.60 though

¿
    I've raced....unofficially

Charlie good idea man

As far as retiring '01 it seems inevitable, and I doub't that it will be replaced with anything close to it......
    Personally I think '05 is the ugiest benchmark they have released to date. '03 is not bad I guess so it will have to do when '01 is gone.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    let me convert some slides to CD, I'll show you a fun car

C

Evil Kitty
    Wow...that's pretty cool megahurtz-oc! 8.60s......daaaaayum that's fast!

I'm not nearly that serious about it. I just drag my 500hp blown Marauder into the low 12's. High 11's are on the horizon this spring with winter upgrades (31 spline axles, trans shift kit, 2 more PSI, and custom race fuel tune). Not bad for a daily driver that weighs in at 4200 lbs.

Okay...sorry for the OT!
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

Live Long And Overclock
    I'm not nearly that serious about it. I just drag my 500hp blown Marauder into the low 12's. High 11's are on the horizon this spring with winter upgrades (31 spline axles, trans shift kit, 2 more PSI, and custom race fuel tune). Not bad for a daily driver that weighs in at 4200 lbs.
    Nice but I prefer Naturally Aspirated power...LOL I'd get flamed in a mustang forum even mentioning that

At any rate, I think FM has the resources to put into motion Charlie's idea with little difficulty and end up with a nice "fun" 01 replacement with 03/05/07 being the serious one. I'd still love to see a benchie that isnt so GPU dependent though

Perkam

Evil Kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam
    I'd still love to see a benchie that isnt so GPU dependent though
    Amen.
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

When the turbo went out on my lx 4 cylinder i made an awe inspiring 18 second pass belching smoke i didnt see until i was crossing the finish lights. Someone should make a rendering benchmark of that.It would take a heck of a gpu to render 6 quarts of oil being vaporized and the fans on the sidelines choking. The cpu dependent part could be the audio at the end when i popped the hood and started uterring explatives.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    Since Futuremark doesn't want it, maybe they should just give it XS. We can rename and Host it

OPP
    I definatly agree with you opp.

Aussie God
    Ohh, crap crap crap...

01SE is one of the best benchmarks
    03 stinks, lots of bugs in it - for instance, it resets my graphic settings @ high quality instead of high performance... - Reactivated themes...

05 is the benchmark to bench gfx, and only gfx....

03 is lame - just lame

01SE benches all around...

Well seems like the one's caring about all-around performance has to go for the Aquamark3, aye?

Best regards
    1 2 know

*This is very sad news, I think*
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Mentor
    8.6!!!!!!!!! daym megahutrz-oc... that is ... wow

can we get some specs, in another thread in wampateers or something

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme Member
    3Dmark 2001 is the best benchmark ever.

I still remember benching it and having 500 3dmarks, with crappy duron and integrated graphics.
    Four years later i´m at 24k.

2000 was discontinued because it didn´t scalled well enough, if u remember when we were close to 2003 lauch, the 2000 and 2001 bench results were almost equal.

It seems to me 2001 is, and will be representative of current games, since they also tend to use alot of cpu and memory subsystem, for current increasing demands in physics and A.I. calculation.

I can´t see a 6800Ultra running HL2 in a 1GHz pc at decent performance, and still u would probably get higher benches on 03/05 than on say, a 64 3200 with a 6600GT.

The only problem i see with 2001 is not supporting dual-core stuff, wich will eventually lead to unrealistic performance. But not till one year from now, when dual-core software starts to really pick up.

EDIT:

At futuremark they´re argueing that 2001 is being less usefull because of very cpu dependancy.
    True, it isn´t SSE2/3 optimized now, wich would help alot, but also the cpu power has increased alot less than it should the past years. This last generation of graphics cards have really doubled the performance in one year, not to speak SLI, and cpu´s haven´t done the same. Think we´ve increased, mainstream, no overclocking, some 30% in one year.

I vote for a reviewd 2001se. 2001 with SSE2/3, multi-core support, etc, would really kick ass.
    Last edited by Eversor; 03-16-2005 at 02:40 AM.

Ebay Hater
    No, the ending should be a drag car slamming and burning. The title screen "43,345 point".

OPPAINTER GOT OWNED - Thats how it should look like In regards to drags in DK, with cars bearing a 180% tax its difficult to afford anything that goes more than 250km/h unless you "unlock" a BMW
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gkiing
    I definatly agree with you opp.
    There selfish gits, they wouldnt do that

So:
    a) they cant sell because it has 3rd party source code
    b) they cant give because it has 3rd party source code

What we need to do is find every 3rd party that was involved and get them to sign for it to be open...

Then the tricky part, getting FM to do something.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa
    Wow...that's pretty cool megahurtz-oc! 8.60s......daaaaayum that's fast!

Okay...sorry for the OT!
    sweet very nice for 4200 lbs...........

the vega in my sig is a super street car which means it runs a 10.90 heads up class on a pro tree. it can run 9.90s uncapped. justa 350 v8 at 610 hp shifts at 7200rpm my other is a dragster that runs 8.60s

Xtreme Member
    @Charlie, that is the coolest idea i have ever heard! being able to load up someone elses "run" and racing against it is so awesome on so many levels! i can see it now staying up all night tweaking and tweaking and still not being able to beat OPP's score lol....

DGeNeRaT3
    AMD FX-55
    DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-D
    2x512 OCZ PC4000 VX
    OCZ Powerstream 520w
    2x eVGA 6800GT SLI
    2 Western Digital Raptors 74GB RAID 0

Chilly1 Modded Mach II -67C

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnreaL
    There selfish gits, they wouldnt do that

So:
    a) they cant sell because it has 3rd party source code
    b) they cant give because it has 3rd party source code

What we need to do is find every 3rd party that was involved and get them to sign for it to be open...

Then the tricky part, getting FM to do something.
    Doesn't '01 use the Max Payne engine? That'd give us a starting point.
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

Ebay Hater
    Even better:

Quote Originally Posted by XtremesystemsMark2001-SE Drag Race High

OPPAINTER - IS - by Juliette
    That's how I imagine it.
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

XS News
    maybe you're not getting it... when you're chasing the guy in front of yo on the ORB, with whatever GPU just load his bench results and if your car beats him in the bench, you made a better run (more 3DMarks) it's graphical and exciting to watch...

Wonder how much $$ it would cost to have a 1 minute benchmark created as above by TOP game design folks... and create the infrastructure for an "ORB"???? Yeah, that's it! The CHARLIE-ORB....hmmmmm

C
    as awesome of an idea that is, it would create an inconsistant benchmark if you "raced" someone

You would have to only be able to "score" in solo mode or something, cuz everyone'd be racing pentium 100's with crap video, so they dont have to render the other car, an dget a higher score

Cool idea tho. Maybe we need to develop an XS benchie? just need programmers.. im sure we gots plenty of testers. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor

The only problem i see with 2001 is not supporting dual-core stuff, wich will eventually lead to unrealistic performance. But not till one year from now, when dual-core software starts to really pick up.
    Dual core support isnt gonna be a "representation of true performance" until all of the games are being designed for dual cores. max payne isnt gonna play better on a dual core 2.4ghz a64 than it would a 2.4ghz a64, unless it is capable of using it... It isnt a magical 2.4+2.4=4.8 effective speed....
    Last edited by dippyskoodlez; 03-16-2005 at 09:04 AM.
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 300x10________15" Macbook Pro
    2x 512mb Mushkin DDR _______________2x 1Gb DDR2
    Sapphire X850XT____________________X1600M
    DFI Ultra-D_________________________2.16Ghz Merom C2D
    Lian-Li PC7A________________________OS X/XP
    PCP&C 610w Silencer

Xtreme Member
    The thread on FM has been locked. words from the admin:

I think this thread is more or less done. Thanks for all your input. What, when and how the support for 2001 SE will end is not set or yet decided.

The sourcecode for 3DMark2001SE can not be "open sourced" as it contains code from third party members. Handing the ORB to some other site(s) is not possible either. The ORB for 2001 is the same as for our other benchmarks, so handing out the ORB for 2001 would mean that we would hand out the whole ORB. Besides, if we would do it, the client would still need to be patched in order to make the submission to some other location. Just not possible.

We will keep you 2001 benchers up-to-date what and when things are changing.

Cheers,

Nick
    Doesn't sound too good

C2D E6300 @ 3.5ghz | 2x1GB ADATA "Micron D9" @ 500 4-4-4-12 2.3v | Asus P5B-E Plus C2 | Sapphire X1900XT 512MB | Tuniq Tower 120

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I AGREE that FM should scrap '01.......

ONLY IF!!!! it is to be replaced with a new 3DMark benchie that gauges the power of CPU + GPU + MEMORY SUBSYSTEM kinda like use 2 or 3 dx7 tests, a couple dx8 tests and a couple dx9 tests....
    C
    xactly!
    we need a system performence bench... IF they should drop a benchmark its 2003!!! 2005 is just like 2003 except that it looks much better and meassures the performence much better... at least in my opinion...

i hope they can come up with a system performence bench like 2k1 but with the same options and features like in 2005.

Xtreme Addict
    just an update, incase you havent noticed, 3dmark01 is now official discontinued
    Q6700
    MSI P35
    8GB OCZ
    2xHD 2900 XT
    PCP&C 1kw

Xtreme Member
    Oh well. It was going to end sooner or later. I hope they come out with a benchmark that tests like '01 did.
    -AMD 64 3200+ @ 2.4GHz
    -MSI K8N Neo2 Plat
    -1GB Patriot 3200XBL TCCD (2.5-3-3-6)
    -XFX 6800 AGP Unlocked
    -OCZ Powerstream 520W
    -2 Western Ditigal WD800 SATAs

3Dmark01

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX7891
    just an update, incase you havent noticed, 3dmark01 is now official discontinued
    :gasp:

I bet it'll be used far into 07 at this rate.

Nick
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme Enthusiast
    maybe you're not getting it... when you're chasing the guy in front of yo on the ORB, with whatever GPU just load his bench results and if your car beats him in the bench, you made a better run (more 3DMarks) it's graphical and exciting to watch...

Wonder how much $$ it would cost to have a 1 minute benchmark created as above by TOP game design folks... and create the infrastructure for an "ORB"???? Yeah, that's it! The CHARLIE-ORB....hmmmmm

C
    so like your overall fps would be your finishing mph in the bench?

sort of like 3dmark2000 where the test just runs faster, but has a set number of frames, so it looks like the test is in super fast motion?

sounds good to me

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast