Thread: AGP 8X on GA-8IPE1000-G

AGP 8X on GA-8IPE1000-G

Hi,

There's no option on the GA-8IPE1000-G motherboard to enable AGP 8x. It's no where to be found. The gfx card is a Gainward GF3 Ti 200 (128mb) and it can run in AGP 4x/8x mode, but there is no setting any where to make it run in AGP 8x, it just keeps running in 4x mode all the time, quite annoying when it is capable of running in 8x mode.

Iv'e tried downloading 'nvtweak' and ticking the 'AGP Settings' box but it still won't show anything else than AGP 4x on the slide; Everest also says I can use AGP 8x - 'Current AGP speed is lower than maximum supported. This may cause performance penalty'. I've double checked my GFX card manual and it says it supports 4x and 8x AGP mode, as does the motherboard.

I've got the latest drivers installed from NVIDA.COM and everything else works good.

Can anyone help me out?

XS - Extra Strong
    email gigabyte?
    -Phenom2 x6 1055 @stock
    -8gb ddr3
    -Gigabyte UD3
    -Geforce 7900Gt 755/1863 1.562v vgpu
    -OCZ Powersupply 600w

I sent them a e-mail just now. Maybe someone else had the same problem as I? Very annoying, however. Everything else works.

-k0nsl

Xtreme Member
    i dont think it will cause a big performance issue. My 9600xt runs at 4xagp because my mobo only supports 4. My friend had the same card on 8x mobo and there wasn't much of a diff.

Well, but still...If something is supposed to run at a 8x you usually want it to run at that speed, and not less. It's like you order a new CPU which is supposed to run at 3,4ghz and it would only run at, say, 3ghz. Maybe it wouldn't do much performance wise, but still...and knowing that it is supposed to run at 3,4ghz but you just can't get it to run at that speed. Maybe it's a bad comparison.

I don't care so much about it, but knowing that it can run at a higher speed than it does annoys me, that's why I asked for help

Regards,

-k0nsl

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I doubt your gf3 is a 8x modle as there werent many 8x modles of gf4 series and those came along after gf3. But correct me if im wrong.