Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Leipzig HUMMER.... me wants.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by antipop
    Is that good? In europe we count in liter per 100 km (the other way around, don't ask why). The lowest the better, a serie 3 is around 7-8l/ 100 km in the city and small VW is like 6, a big car is 10 or more.
    big cars in city waste like freaking 20-30L/100km. thats not nice (*in europe (*specialy in germany*) gasolin is way more expensive then in usa (*1.21€/l for super and 1.09€/l for diesel, don't know how much it would be in usa, but it is that much that peopel who never where in europe wouldn't believe*) and the reason why peopel in europe buy diesel cars. a diesel big diesel engine will need 10-15l/100km and a big gasolin engine needs like 20-30l/100km. that the reason why diesel is nice . as much i know in usa there already should be posiblity to get clean diesel and turbo diesel eninges are real nice stuff. the vw tourag v6 3L diesel engine has 225 horsepower and 500nm!!! torsional. if you drive much this is realy nice stuff, otherwise taxes will be to high for this car i think. don't know actually how this is in usa, but as much i know gasolin and diesel engines have the theme norm which could make it pretty expensive. when you drive much in the city and diesel is to expenive (*i don't know, don't life in usa anyway*) a lexus rx 400h might be an alternative. needs only like 7l/100km in the city as much i know. is anyway a hybrid. if you want to drive porsche, then go for the cayenne, but believe me. i see more cayenne then tourags in germany or poland (*however people in poland have many for this kind of cars, i don't get it*). ok, in germany there not much suv's anyway.

Xtremely slow runner
    Or you could just get a nice sedan an you would be under the 10l/100km
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Av by Frisch This is not a Lime tree

Xtreme Member
    and what ist a sedan?

Xtremely slow runner
    Something like a Serie 3, that kind of car. I don't think that in a normal city use, you go over 10l/100km (i might be wrong)
    Anyway, my motto is "if it's empty fill it"
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Xtreme Member
    serie3, can't you just show a pic or somethink like that. or brand at least. serie 3 sounds like golf 3, but don't think you mean this car.

Xtremely slow runner

Xtreme Member
    ah ok. those cars are small. normaly to small if you want to buy a suv. actually a serie 5 touring would be big enough anyway. too it is saver then a suv. and actually those serie3 stuff cars will take more then 10l/100km with a proper engine (*not the show-off 318i version*) if you don'T take a diesel. with a 330d it would have enough power too, but why on earth aree they called sedan. never heard this an normaly it is a number with e. the old serie 3 hat e42 as much i know.

Xtremely slow runner
    Sedan is the name of the category, a car with 4 doors and a trunk is a sedan.
    The serie 3 uses less than 10l/100km, the 320 is around 7-8. Anyway it wasn't my point to compare a suv to a sedan, and even less bmw vs porsche (unless we're talking about a M6)

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    the new car's pretty cool, been driving it for a few months now. Now need to OC it with wheels, tires, body kit, etc, etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goldenpeppa.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	43952  

"I eat motherboards"
    ^^^ if anything get champion 20's and some gemballa body pieces for that.

http://www.gemballa.com/

http://www.championmotorsport.com/
    Last edited by JasonDTM; 02-24-2006 at 09:38 PM.
    杰森
    I can picture in my mind a world without hate, a world without violence.
    And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Xtreme Member
    that's the one you got charlie?

sorry. i dislike Cayennes without the roof rack, or as they call it on the Porsche website, the roof carrying system.

There's a sunroof too?

You definately need new wheels. The ones on there look like they're always dirty.

Good luck with it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    yeah def. get some wheels for that ride.. love the car but def. needs some wheels.

Nice Choice Charlie glad your happy with it

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy
    that's the one you got charlie?

sorry. i dislike Cayennes without the roof rack, or as they call it on the Porsche website, the roof carrying system.

There's a sunroof too?

You definately need new wheels. The ones on there look like they're always dirty.

Good luck with it.
    yeah that's it in front of my office. my short list for mods is:

1) Roof Rails in Aluminum finish

2) Clear Side Marker Lenses

3) Porsche Tequipment Aluminum Grill Inserts

4) H&R Racing springs 1.6" Drop

5) Wheels/Tires... not sure what brand, maybe THESE:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear trim cay.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	43976  

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    courtesy of Cooper in the Photochop forum!!

What do you guys think? I think I'll order them on Monday, 22" Kahn RSC Monoblocks!!

Last edited by charlie; 02-26-2006 at 08:28 AM.

Xtreme Member
    no.
    first
    Cayenne's aren't big, so, to me, putting 22s on them ruins the whole thing.
    second
    the color of the Cayenne. why not black? fancy shiny rims don't look good on cars that aren't black or almost any other dark colors.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    wife vetoed black... nuff' said. Black was my first choice. It was either a non-black cAYENNE or a lexus rx330 in white, lol you know what I mean?

Xtreme Mentor
    Slap some Lowenharts on that puppy. I'm not sure how much they cost nowadays, but I dropped $4,000 on chrome 19" LD1s (without tires) for my Maxima when they first came out. If the X1Rs came in a chrome 20", that would look pretty sweet on your Cayenne.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    wife vetoed black... nuff' said. Black was my first choice. It was either a non-black cAYENNE or a lexus rx330 in white, lol you know what I mean?
    Well ok fine a lexus or a porsche. Smart choice there. But why not red or even blue?

Quote Originally Posted by conrad.maranan
    Slap some Lowenharts on that puppy. I'm not sure how much they cost nowadays, but I dropped $4,000 on chrome 19" LD1s (without tires) for my Maxima when they first came out. If the X1Rs came in a chrome 20", that would look pretty sweet on your Cayenne.
    Exactly what I thought about the X1Rs. Either those or the BR5s

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy
    Well ok fine a lexus or a porsche. Smart choice there. But why not red or even blue?

Exactly what I thought about the X1Rs. Either those or the BR5s
    yeah I know what you mean. Well they had a carmon red car, bu that's a deep red that honestly looks brown in most light other than bright sun, and they had a dark blue that wasn't optioned right... and the prosecco was the one on the lot at the time and he made me a great deal. Plus I like the color, pictures just don't do justice to the color.

C

Xtreme Member
    I know what the color looks like.
    But please, no 22s and make sure they aren't too shiny. That'll just ruin it.

Xtreme Recruit
    thats a very sexi porsche
    Last edited by d94; 02-26-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Shuttle SD32-G2-SV-V1 - e6600 @ 2.85ghz
    2gb Super Talent ddr2 pc1000 - eVGA 7900gt
    2x 400gb seagates - 2007fpw - 42" olevia
    heat

Quote Originally Posted by Disposibleteen
    I am parttial to the Lexus rx330s myself, consumer reports rates this porsche as a very bad buy, they say reliability is crappy and the dealer charges too much for repairs/maintenence
    The RX330 is ok for an SUV but its so slow...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    why hasnt anyone mentioned the M-class mercedes? that thing has a VERY good drive train. i've been out on the test track with it. A single wheel will pull the car up a 60 degree slope. (rollers on the slope so 3 of the wheels dont get traction)

The car can also go down the 60 degree slope with only a single wheel braking. the electronics are top of the line. bar none.
    http://www.forbesautos.com/reviews/2...s/feature.html

If you guys want to know anything about it's design ask me. i talk to lead engineers for the car almost every day.

"Don't give in to the sportier BMW X5, either. If you need more handling than the M-Class offers, buy a conventional sedan."
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ss/index2.html

http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev...006/index.html
    "The seven-speed automatic offers a manual-shift mode and is one of the strongest and most flexible automatics ever built.

The completely revised suspension is very good at keeping the truck's attitude nice and flat in high-speed corners, and it will hop over rocks and dip into potholes as though they weren't really there. The AirMatic air suspension system we drove in France, which will be optional on U.S. models, is downright supple, which trucks aren't supposed to be."

*edit* forgot to mention the speed. I have personally driven the car at 155MPH for an hour straight on the interstate. it rides comfortably at high speeds.

TEST DRIVE IT!!!! they are selling them so quickly that suppliers are having a very difficult time meeting demand. I.e they expected to sell 10-15 per day to japan but they are selling 150+ per day now. (suppliers of right side :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit parts were not happy). Factory runs 24/7 364 days a year. thats almost 50,000 M-class's going to right side steering wheel markets alone.
    Last edited by zabomb4163; 02-27-2006 at 06:05 PM.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Quote Originally Posted by zabomb4163
    why hasnt anyone mentioned the M-class mercedes? that thing has a VERY good drive train. i've been out on the test track with it. A single wheel will pull the car up a 60 degree slope. (rollers on the slope so 3 of the wheels dont get traction)

The car can also go down the 60 degree slope with only a single wheel braking. the electronics are top of the line. bar none.
    http://www.forbesautos.com/reviews/2...s/feature.html

If you guys want to know anything about it's design ask me. i talk to lead engineers for the car almost every day.

"Don't give in to the sportier BMW X5, either. If you need more handling than the M-Class offers, buy a conventional sedan."
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ss/index2.html

http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev...006/index.html
    "The seven-speed automatic offers a manual-shift mode and is one of the strongest and most flexible automatics ever built.

The completely revised suspension is very good at keeping the truck's attitude nice and flat in high-speed corners, and it will hop over rocks and dip into potholes as though they weren't really there. The AirMatic air suspension system we drove in France, which will be optional on U.S. models, is downright supple, which trucks aren't supposed to be."

*edit* forgot to mention the speed. I have personally driven the car at 155MPH for an hour straight on the interstate. it rides comfortably at high speeds.

TEST DRIVE IT!!!! they are selling them so quickly that suppliers are having a very difficult time meeting demand. I.e they expected to sell 10-15 per day to japan but they are selling 150+ per day now. (suppliers of right side :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit parts were not happy). Factory runs 24/7 364 days a year. thats almost 50,000 M-class's going to right side steering wheel markets alone.
    I actually test drove a new ml350... it felt "tippy" and a little "floaty"... not my cup of tea.

C

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    I actually test drove a new ml350... it felt "tippy" and a little "floaty"... not my cup of tea.

C
    2006 model?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast