Thread: MSI K8N Platinum 7030 Problem

MSI K8N Platinum 7030 Problem

I recently purchased a Mobile Athlon64 4000+ CPU. I also purchased a Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCU Heatsink. Now the zalman heatsink works fine. It is currently working on my Athlon64 3200+. But my main problem is that my motherboard originally recognized the mobile 64. And I was in the bios reconfiguring, and it locked up. Now it will not post. It keeps beeping. One long tone and a pause continuously. And the d-bracket2 is all red except for 3 which is green. Now I figured maybe the board died, but I put my athlon64 3200+ back in and it works fine. I put the mobile back in and it does the beeping thing. I know I didnt burn it up because it doesnt look or smell burnt, and when I was able to get into the bios, i checked the pc health and it said it was only around 88-90F. Does anyone know what to try. I mean, i took it back out put it back in. Put some more thermal paste on. I tried moving my memory around. I took out everything but my video card. I even cleared the cmos many times.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Its a common problem with the k8n neo, the exact same has happened to me and i ended up hotflashing it presuming it was a dead bios but when i tried it with my sempron it went fine. I've tried near all bios' except the 1.52 beta bios as i can't find it anywhere, however i am told that the 1.52 bios is the only one that works 100% with mobile cpu's. Also the stock shipping bios is the only one to slightly work with them, i.e. post and then mess up when their settings are changed in bios.

I was about to post actually has anyone got the 1.52beta bios they could upload or could anyone provide a link to where it can be downloaded as it appears to have become extinct :S: (sorry for the slight thread highjack but i felt it may benifit you too )

I found the beta bios you were looking for. I will try it tonight as well to see if it works or not

http://jzcomptech.com/bios/W7030NMS.152

well the bios didnt work for me best of luck for you.

I got a DFI 250GB UT board and this processor works like a dream. The MSI Board just did not work.