Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ATI Event Footage (Post #1 for Video!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    And some more of a little competition...

Matt:
    This was hysterical, all the guys trying to blow up the beach balls - I think the fastest won an X700

Oh and excuse the terrible flash, level 2 was underpowered and level 3 was overbright
    Greetings everyone... I just saw this post and just had to chime in. I'm the one that won the beach ball blowing up contest. I won an Abit RX700Pro 128 PCIE for it too. I'm the staff guy wearing a VIP badge behind the guy with the mic (Terry from ATI).

If you've never seen these guys with their setups in person then you are seriously missing out. You need to make a chance to see these guys in person. I had the opportunity to sit and chat with Fugger, PC Ice and Macci about what they do and I was truely amazed. Fugger if you recall I asked if you guys had any electrical engineering majors and I helped get the 2nd tank of LN2 off the truck. Also, I'm very sorry I couldn't find a spare piece of plywood anywhere in the building for your setup... I was very impressed with what you guys could do!

On behalf of TXGF and DFW Frag I wanted to thank you all for coming to this event. It was a pleasure having you all there!
    Last edited by matt9669; 03-01-2005 at 12:58 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I was one of the judges for the pimp my PC. Terry sent me out to find the slowest computer in the event. When all the judges came back, I think there were 5 PCs and the saddest one was one that had worst computer here writen on the side of the case that the fans in it squeld when it started up.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    just downloaded the video preview.. nice matt
    can´t wait so see the finished movie, pls hurry up
    System #1:
    i7 975 for bench, W3540 @ 4,4 Ghz HT On, Asus P6X58 Premium, 3x2048 Corsair Dominator 2000CL7, Sapphire 5970 @ stock, Corsair HX1000, 1xOCZ Vertex2 120GB, 3x1TB WD Green
    Cooled by:
    Loop 1: Watercool HK rev 3.0, Laing Ultra 18W /w XSPC Res Top, Thermochill PA120.3 /w Phobya Fans @ 5V Pull
    Loop 2: EK 5970 Nickle, Laing Ultra 18W /w XSPC Res Top, Thermochill PA120.3 /w Phobya Fans @ 5V Pull
    Loop 3: EK Asus NB/SB, Mips Asus Mosfet 1 + 2, Laing Ultra 18W /w XSPC Res Top, Thermochill PA120.2 /w Phobya Fans @ 5V Pull

4,6Ghz (21x220) 1,42Vcore with Single Stage (HT enabled)
    http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1251/83962063.jpg

AMD @ testing
    X4 955, Asus Crosshair III, same Rams as on Intel Setup, Sapphire 4870X2 @ Stock, PC Power&Cooling 910W

Moral Police
    Next time ATI feels like hosting such an event do it in either belgium or the netherlands

I'll be sure to come and bust some hardware to wouldn't mind a x850XT to play with for a few days. Ln2 BABY lol I'd need guidance but It'd be fun to try it for a first time

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dfw|Dazz
    Greetings everyone... I just saw this post and just had to chime in. I'm the one that won the beach ball blowing up contest. I won an Abit RX700Pro 128 PCIE for it too. I'm the staff guy wearing a VIP badge behind the guy with the mic (Terry from ATI).

If you've never seen these guys with their setups in person then you are seriously missing out. You need to make a chance to see these guys in person. I had the opportunity to sit and chat with Fugger, PC Ice and Macci about what they do and I was truely amazed. Fugger if you recall I asked if you guys had any electrical engineering majors and I helped get the 2nd tank of LN2 off the truck. Also, I'm very sorry I couldn't find a spare piece of plywood anywhere in the building for your setup... I was very impressed with what you guys could do!

On behalf of TXGF and DFW Frag I wanted to thank you all for coming to this event. It was a pleasure having you all there!
    Thanks for your comments Dazz, these guys are real pros! Not sure if I met you but I was the guy with the laptop and the "XtremeSystems" badge covering the event for XS. I'm a computer engineering major which is essentially half EE and half CS.

Oh yeah - Welcome to XS!
    Want your news on the front page? Click here!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull
    Man this sounds like the ministry of misinformation.

Two gfx cards were fried, one really good by Fugger but was eventually patched. So only one card. And maybe one bullhead was fried by Fugger when he LN2'd it.
    Grayskull:

As of Saturday night at midnight, there were (at least) five X850 cards on the back table in various states of disarray. If these cards were not "fried" they certainly no longer worked %100 correctly AFAIK. One Bullhead was most certainly fried by Fugger, the PCIe x16 slot no longer worked and you could smell charred PCB near the top corner. There was another Bullhead the ATI engineers were holding that AFAIK was not functioning, but it may have been set aside.

Forgive me if I reported incorrectly, ATI was very keen on keeping me out of the loop so I simply reported on what I saw.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomalistic
    It looks like Pc Ice and his Dad, and granpa.....( its not really but damn those guys are old) You got the names right and in the right order.
    Haha funniest thing I´ve been reading on Xs for a long time.. And you´re actually right
    "M-I-A"

Xtreme Addict
    Actually I bet it was:

ATI tech:

"Alright who destroyed our last Radeon?"

Chilly1:

"Dumdee dee, dumdee duu-- Hope he aint looking at me"

Macci:

"Suomi? "

PC-ICE:

"Man I cant hold on to it much longer, I have to say who it was.."

Oppainter:

"Man I am dead, but surely PC-ice wont tell on me"

Fugger:

"Yeah kinda irritating when you think about it, cause I was going to use that"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thecrew.gif 
Views:	238 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	25726  
    Last edited by bias_hjorth; 03-01-2005 at 02:25 PM.
    "M-I-A"

Xtreme Member

How true...

DFI NF4 Ultra-D @ 300HTT | A64 3000+ Winchester @ 2.4GHz 1.61V | 4x256MB BH-5 (HyperX+CorsairXMS) @ 240MHz 2-2-2-5 3.1V | Club3D X800XL ViVo @ 452/540 | XP-90 | 92mm Tornado | Silencer5 | Enermax 460W | 2k1: 30419

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by VoRtAn_MaDgE
    Will this event be repeated in the future Grayskull, do u know ?
    A little birdie told me we'd be seeing more of these events

XS D2OL & RAM News
    Quote Originally Posted by matt9669
    A little birdie told me we'd be seeing more of these events
    Yeah, sounds good. Wonder when it will be tho...

jjcom

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcom
    Yeah, sounds good. Wonder when it will be tho...
    And more important - where?

DFI NF4 Ultra-D @ 300HTT | A64 3000+ Winchester @ 2.4GHz 1.61V | 4x256MB BH-5 (HyperX+CorsairXMS) @ 240MHz 2-2-2-5 3.1V | Club3D X800XL ViVo @ 452/540 | XP-90 | 92mm Tornado | Silencer5 | Enermax 460W | 2k1: 30419

Banned
    Toronto. Have the next one in Toronto...

XS D2OL & RAM News
    Put one in Chiago or something Center of the country pretty much so alot of people could hopefully come

jjcom

Xtreme Member
    How about us poor EU folks?

Thanks for your comments Dazz, these guys are real pros! Not sure if I met you but I was the guy with the laptop and the "XtremeSystems" badge covering the event for XS. I'm a computer engineering major which is essentially half EE and half CS.

Oh yeah - Welcome to XS!
    I saw you, but I never come over to introduce myself. I was the guy running around like my head was chopped off most of the time. I had about 15 staff and VIP badges around my neck at one point. For the most part I was running around making sure that all the vendors were doing ok. I manned the registration booth and made sure that we always had fresh volounteers up there. I was also the one throwing some of the prizes out during the ATI speech...

I've always heard about what you guys did, but have never seen it in person before. When they were pulling the machines out of the truck I had no clue what they were doing... Then I helped get the Ln2 off the truck and put 2 + 2 together. What these guys do just totally put me in amazement... :drool:

XS News
    Heck, put one in California. In LA!! One of the greatest places on Earth.

Xtreme Member
    As of Saturday night at midnight we were cleaning up. Hence all the cards were rounded up. What you saw were all the cards and motherboards that were used for the event all piled up.

We are very keen at protecting proprietary information, especially when we are dealing with people who are not familiar and poking around all over the place.

Grayskull:

As of Saturday night at midnight, there were (at least) five X850 cards on the back table in various states of disarray. If these cards were not "fried" they certainly no longer worked %100 correctly AFAIK. One Bullhead was most certainly fried by Fugger, the PCIe x16 slot no longer worked and you could smell charred PCB near the top corner. There was another Bullhead the ATI engineers were holding that AFAIK was not functioning, but it may have been set aside.

Forgive me if I reported incorrectly, ATI was very keen on keeping me out of the loop so I simply reported on what I saw.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    poking around is what we do. would it be better for ATI if nobody even cared enough to poke around?

Xtreme Member
    I'm all for having one in Europe. Germany? Italy? Amsterdam?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX_BG
    How about us poor EU folks?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    texas?

Fused
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull
    I'm all for having one in Europe. Germany? Italy? Amsterdam?
    Finland?

Macci VS Tom Holck VS Hipro5

Xtreme Member
    Yes we did discuss something like this with Macci, but we concluded Denmark might be better.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac
    Finland?

Macci VS Tom Holck VS Hipro5

Fused
    OMG.... any future plan in ... SE Asia region ... ? Singapore?

Shamino VS maybe some Japanese LN2 overclockers

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmyface
    poking around is what we do. would it be better for ATI if nobody even cared enough to poke around?
    Hehehe . . .

Sounds like ATI wants me to go work for nVidia Baaad choice

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast