Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme speeding... how fast have you gone?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SPL15
    The bike doesnt have too much done to it actually (at least that's what I think), not exactly sure what it's got, but he says its one of the fastest in Michigan. I'm not much of a bike guy, so I dont know what he's done. Next time I see him at the track i'll ask and take some pics. The bike doesnt look too impressive though, his fiberglass panels have definitely seen their fare share of pavement, bondo, and fiberglass patching. No sissy bars for him, he claims they add too much drag .

My time was 9.13 seconds according to the track's equipment, although the accuracy of the equipment is doubtful in my mind (kind of an old track... smooth newly laid surface though ). The speed on my Nissan Altima speedometer says I do 121 max, the track's speed says I do 127Max, and I've got slightly smaller diameter wheel/tire size than stock so I'm pretty sure the Speed trap is in need of some calibration. If the speed trap is 6 MPh off, I was going 168.

Either way though, I was scared going that fast on the bike!! I really didnt have too much trouble keeping the front "down" after I got up to speed, although the front end hardly ever touched the pavement until the end of the run.

Not a chance!!!!! No way you went 176 in a 1/4 mile on a R-1 with no bars, especially if your time was 9.13
    Here is an example of a bike that did a 8.66

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hayabusas can get into the low 9's hi 8's, with out bars .... y couldnt a modded r1?
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I really didnt have too much trouble keeping the front "down" after I got up to speed
    It's not necessarily the times it's the fact that he doesn't race motorcycles on a regular basis, then the things he said:
    The bike doesnt have too much done to it actually
    and the biggest thing is that none of the bikes or cars for that matter come even close to doing
    174Mph
    especially for someone that doesn't race competetively and also Michigan's tracks are about 1000 ft above sea level if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by trance565
    hayabusas can get into the low 9's hi 8's, with out bars .... y couldnt a modded r1?

Yeah with a pro rider that weighs under 180lbs and at sea level.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohto
    Yeah with a pro rider that weighs under 180lbs and at sea level.
    ummmm, dude, i see ppl at HRP, which is the track in houston, do it all the time, andthey are definantly not pro, and are prolly sumwhere round 220lb, big and black....
    emptiness

Ebay Hater
    I dont drive cars meself yet, but:

Aprilia Sonic full modded - 125 km/h
    Aprilia DiTech SR - 115km/h
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ummmm, dude, i see ppl at HRP, which is the track in houston, do it all the time, andthey are definantly not pro, and are prolly sumwhere round 220lb, big and black....
    The bike isn't stock. A Hyabugly does a 9.88 stock. That's with a 5'4" pro rider. The most important part is that is does it @ 143.88 MPH. Imagine how much faster it would have to be to get a 174 MPH 1/4.

As far as a 220 lb rider turning a 8. That most definitely won't be a stock bike. It will be strapped and probably have cams PC, and a pipe.

'Shine Keith Dennis 5'4" 150 lbs suited only ran a 9.471 at 147.56 mph on a strapped 1 tooth down 2003 Hyabugly.

I am calling foul to the 174MPH most of all. If you think that a R1 is going to get a 174 MPH trap speed than it would have to have approximately 221.8 RWHP. A stock chassis bike with 221 hp is going to wheelie like crazy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_002.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	30991  

Xtreme Enthusiast
    it wont necessarily wheelie, but mostlikley it will, if u have no clue wut ur doing, never give it WOT in first gear nor the first half of 2nd, but i guess the ppl at HRP have mods, but im not completley sure, all i kno is they ride with their seat covers off ...
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They remove the covers so they can get a lower center and also so they can get a tighter tuck. It will wheelie, because to get a low enough et your going to have to be on the verge of it wanting to come up but just enough not to. Remember, were talking about a R1 here not a Bugly. The wheel base is much shorter on the Yamaha.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I envy you guys so much. I hate not being old enough to drive. Still only 13 years old... In a few years, I'll be ready for some action sure to bring in the cops. Plus, I have already predicted that there is about a 90% chance that my death will be caused by an accident caused by overspeeding.

Usama aka Ferrari Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    A DFI board is like a divorce, expensive, but well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    I dunno... I think a DFI board is more like marriage... demanding, time consuming, and a PITA but rewarding in it's own twisted way.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol just so u know, i hate ferraris, they slow, all they are is a status symbol, i hate cars like that, except the saleen s7, and teh ford GT, but those are like half the price of the ferrari they were built to beat... s7 is around 550k while enzo is 1mil+ ford GT is 130k if u wait and dun go on ebay, and ferrari 350 modena racing one is like 250-300k

edit: and yes, lol just rememberd hayabusa is long bike, its not ugly, just bulky, but das wut u get with a 4cylinder on a bike
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    compared to my ZX-12 it isn't all that pretty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 (Small).jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	31058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 (Large).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	31059  

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ya, the only thing that bugs me about the busa, is the front wheel, its like a little stuby thing, tucked into the bike, but none the less, its not that ugly
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
    iunno, im never gona have a bike untill im like 21, and out of college, cuz my parents are evil, but none the less ... i will be getting this if i get a job this summer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...976167445&rd=1
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    My buick regal can only get upto 105mph lol!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    iunno, im never gona have a bike untill im like 21, and out of college, cuz my parents are evil, but none the less ... i will be getting this if i get a job this summer
    What type of street bike experience do you have??? Your parents are doing you a favor more than likely, because you probably don't have any business starting out on a liter + sport bike unless you have substantial road time on a similar street bike!! No offense, but there are way too many first time riders getting killed or severely injured because they go out and buy a 150+ RWHP sport bike.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly15
    My buick regal can only get upto 105mph lol!
    my buddy stevo is working on his regal... it's got a few mods done to it (exhaust mods, no cats, custom air intake... ported and polished intake and heads... basically all the "free mods" you can do... and it's been none to smoke a few cars now and again... it's definetly the sleeper of our town...

people have freaked out watching how fast it takes off... and their probably gonna take it to the strip and dyno to get some numbers outta it...

but xtreme speeding... when you set the cruise control at or above 140mph... OFTEN!
    I5 760 P55A-UD3
    8GB Corsair
    120SSD - 6TB storage
    Gigabyte GTS-450

I5 2450M Acer Laptop HM65
    8GB A-Data
    120GB SSD - 500GB in optical drive
    Intel HD GT2+ 3GB shared

one question guys, is it legal in your country to have such mods??
    Work Rig:
    Proc: AMD Opetron 175 @ 2.7GHz [Scythe Ninja]
    Mobo: DFI Lanparty NF4 Expert
    RAMS: Gskill 4x1GB HZ PC4000 [UCCC]
    Display: Sapphire 512MB X1900XTX
    Drives: WD Raptors 74GB RAID-0 [x4] - Hitachi Deskstar 500GB 7200RPM [x6] - NEC 3540A 16 DVD+-RW [x2]
    Audio: Creative EMU0404 -> DIY AMP -> Aego2
    Case: Lian-Li VB-2000 -> Enermax Coolergiant 600Watts - 4, 120MM fans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    mmmm so long as teh cops dun kno the catalytic converters arent there, just about anything is legal, oh ya, no slicks and skinnies on normal roads either
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    mmmm so long as teh cops dun kno the catalytic converters arent there, just about anything is legal, oh ya, no slicks and skinnies on normal roads either
    Unless their DOT approved
    ET streets... ooohh yeah... DOT approved, just about as slick as you can get... very little tread... make your back tires want to skip up and kiss the front tires when you launch...
    and some DOT skinnies... you'll be lifting off the ground with a good launch

but yeah.. if a cop cant tell ... it's legal!
    I5 760 P55A-UD3
    8GB Corsair
    120SSD - 6TB storage
    Gigabyte GTS-450

8GB A-Data
    Intel HD GT2+ 3GB shared

lol...okay~
    what's DOT??
    Department Of Transport?
    Work Rig:
    Proc: AMD Opetron 175 @ 2.7GHz [Scythe Ninja]
    Mobo: DFI Lanparty NF4 Expert
    RAMS: Gskill 4x1GB HZ PC4000 [UCCC]
    Display: Sapphire 512MB X1900XTX
    Drives: WD Raptors 74GB RAID-0 [x4] - Hitachi Deskstar 500GB 7200RPM [x6] - NEC 3540A 16 DVD+-RW [x2]
    Audio: Creative EMU0404 -> DIY AMP -> Aego2
    Case: Lian-Li VB-2000 -> Enermax Coolergiant 600Watts - 4, 120MM fans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    in texas, any kind of slicks and skinnies are illega, now, we have drag radials, those are nice, and do just about the same thing
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    yeah... Department Of Transportation Approved...

ET streets are radials! and they are designed for racing at the strip... 100% legal out on the streets, same with DOT approved skinnies like M/T Sportsman Fronts... 100% street legal skinnies (mind you turning is gonna feel really funny and the car is gonna track all over the road but hey their legal on the streets!)

mind you... too many launches at a soft 6k RPM and my 10 bolt wont hold up much longer... (reason to get a Moser 12 bolt hehe)
    Last edited by CrazyXP1700; 05-26-2005 at 05:25 PM.
    I5 760 P55A-UD3
    8GB Corsair
    120SSD - 6TB storage
    Gigabyte GTS-450

8GB A-Data
    Intel HD GT2+ 3GB shared

Xtreme Member
    I got up to +-200 km/h with a Ferrari, driving on the road in the Netherlands.

Too bad I could only drive it for 15mins
    P5N32-E SLI PLUS - E6600 @3.6GHz - 2GB Team Xtreem - ASUS 7950GX2 - 3*74GB RAID 0 - 4*500GB RAID5 (ARECA 1210) - Lian Li PC2000

mb 190e 2.6/yokohama z rated tires/200kph average for 2.5 hours from Riyadh to Dammam Saudi .. I trailed a maxima 3.0 doing the same who obviously had a radar detector.. car goes real fast. ...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renarc
    mb 190e 2.6/yokohama z rated tires/200kph average for 2.5 hours from Riyadh to Dammam Saudi .. I trailed a maxima 3.0 doing the same who obviously had a radar detector.. car goes real fast. ...
    holy crap, didnt think a maxima could do that. well got a 240sx and hit its governor(err speed limitor) last week! in 4th gear at about 6k rpm, speedometer stops at 110, and i go about 40 at 2k rpm so i'd guess i was going about.. 120mph.. sucks that the limiter kicked in so soon, i guess it could do about 145ish without it. does anyone happen to know how to take the thing out?
    "each driver release plays whack-a-mole with a few more annoyances" -inq

Xtreme Enthusiast
    get a racing chip installed, i believe tahts the eziest way, it changes fuel timings, and alot of things to increase performance, and it also gets rid of, or changes the limiter i thnk
    emptiness

Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast