Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

Thread: What Car Do You Own?

Quote Originally Posted by ciento44
    Yeah, i know. I've just been loathe to do it, because it's not broken, you know?

But yeah, i'm getting some money from a job soon, and i'm actually probably going to put a lower level supercharger in it, maybe just get another 40HP or so out of it, nothing major, just higher fun factor. I'll probably do the plugs at the same time.
    Wow @ 40hp from a blower...and how much $ is that gonna cost you?

Not worth it...
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

I bought my secondhand car a week ago.

It is a 1996 BMW 525 TDS touring (station wagon) 143 pk (I think in English it's horse power )

And all of this beauty for only 2000 euro (+- 2400 dollar I think )

options: Leather interior, electric windows and mirrors, airco, dubble opening sunroof, 10 cd changer with dolby from blaupunt, front airbags, etc........

pics: http://users.pandora.be/matenhen/auto /me is very happy

Ow tested on a German road: 220km/h on the meter and on gps 206 with a restriction chip from BMW, without it it would do 220km/ real

220km/h = 137.5 mp/h This car does 11.6 seconds from 0-60 mp/h (0-100 km/h) And it's an improvement to my Mercedes Benz who did 18.5 soconds LOL
    Last edited by C_X2; 09-03-2005 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    Wow @ 40hp from a blower...and how much $ is that gonna cost you?

Not worth it...
    Sorry, i should have elaborated more, and now that i've done more research on it, it seems more like 20-25HP is more like what i'll get out of it alone, but i'm also getting ram air, hotter spark plugs (though anything will be hotter than what i have now), hotter spark wires. And if i get a job up here, Unorthodox underdrive pulleys.

www.turbonator.com

That's what i'm going to try. It's cheap, and the idea in theory is sound. I just won enough money playing poker the other night to just blow on that, so i'm just going to go with it. It's not a true supercharger, i think they describe it more as a Mechanical Vortex supercharger or something like that. It doesn't have to spool up or anything like that.

Like i said, i'm not sticking a ton of money in it now, because once i get out of school, the whole thing is getting rebuild, with a 3GSTE swap, and awd.

C_X2, nice, i've always had a soft spot for BMWs. My dad used to take my Celica on long trips, because it got better gas mileage than his modified 1993 328is, so i got to drive it then. Rocket, and it handled like nothing i've driven since. Is that diesel?
    Last edited by ciento44; 09-03-2005 at 10:23 AM.
    Abit NF7-S rev2.0 (vdd mod)
    AMD xp 2600+ (mobile-IDYHA)
    2 x 512 Crucial Ballistix pc4000
    Asus V9999 GE
    Thermaltake Volcano 9

Sorry, i should have elaborated more, and now that i've done more research on it, it seems more like 20-25HP is more like what i'll get out of it alone, but i'm also getting ram air, hotter spark plugs (though anything will be hotter than what i have now), hotter spark wires. And if i get a job up here, Unorthodox underdrive pulleys.

www.turbonator.com

That's what i'm going to try. It's cheap, and the idea in theory is sound. I just won enough money playing poker the other night to just blow on that, so i'm just going to go with it. It's not a true supercharger, i think they describe it more as a Mechanical Vortex supercharger or something like that. It doesn't have to spool up or anything like that.

Like i said, i'm not sticking a ton of money in it now, because once i get out of school, the whole thing is getting rebuild, with a 3GSTE swap, and awd.

C_X2, nice, i've always had a soft spot for BMWs. My dad used to take my Celica on long trips, because it got better gas mileage than his modified 1993 328is, so i got to drive it then. Rocket, and it handled like nothing i've driven since. Is that diesel?
    yes that's a diesel. TDS = Turbo Diesel Sports (i'm not shur of sports but the rest of the TDS is right )

But it uses 10 liters at 100 Km so it's isn't as economecle as i tought

Xtreme Member
    Test drove an Alfa GT yesterday (1.9JTD version). A very nice car.
    Parker's gallery
    Still using the ADA4400DAA6CD CCBWE 0517MPMW

Xtreme Addict
    2000 toyota avalon.
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

Xtreme Cruncher
    Mercedes-Benz CLK 200 K Convertible...163BHP, soon 198BHP
    Liked the SL more, but as a dissabled person I need more room to put my wheelchair, so I had to go for something with 4 seats in it...
    Some pics, I'll take other ones later...

Ps: Welcome to C_X2, nice to see some more Belgian people here

Quote Originally Posted by Duc
    Mercedes-Benz CLK 200 K Convertible...163BHP, soon 198BHP
    Liked the SL more, but as a dissabled person I need more room to put my wheelchair, so I had to go for something with 4 seats in it...
    Some pics, I'll take other ones later...

Ps: Welcome to C_X2, nice to see some more Belgian people here

Thanks but I was here before with the nick C_X but for some reason it was deleted....... And they couldn't find it anymore. Therefor I added a 2 on c_X

btw: nice car you have there...... My first car was also a Benz but it was a horrible 200D without a turbo 18.5 sec to 100km/h

Xtreme Member
    1971 mercedes 280se straight six automatic
    bought it for dirt cheap......

the thing that tells you how far it has gone just clicks over after 99'999kilometers, but it has been estimated that it has gone over 550'000km's but looking at the wear on the piston rings and headgasket...

max speed of 120km/h, but overheats to 135'C if you dont slow down quickly....max speed is 100km/h if you want to travel longer than 5mins at that speed....this car is the best, i love it!

i get about 320km's off a 75liter tank, hahahaha, it is terrible i know.....

but im rebuilding it, in for panelbeating and a respray at the moment(going for a black suede matt paint, charcoal-black leather seats and beige suede doorpanels and headliner and other leather trim....)

after all this gonna get some Focal sound and nice rims with whitewalls as well as an airbrush of the four horsemen of the apocolapse on the sides, pearl white on the panels around the windows and a silver pinstripe from the back to front.....

also swopping out pistons, cams, conrods, entire exhaust system, suspention

before you shout at me, i REALLY wish i could restore this car to its original shine, but i dont have the cash, the heatguage broke, found out that an original would cost me the same that i paid for the car, so just put in a generic cheapy at 1/70th the of cost

wish me luck!!!
    oh yeah, also have a volkswagen polo classic 1.6i as a daily driver(but polo's are dumb )

this is what it looked like when i got it

it looks like a tractor engine LOL LOL LOL
    celery D 326 2.53gHz 256kb @ 3.6
    4x 256mb ddr2 533MHz corsair value ram
    gigabyte 8I945G mobo, bios F5
    seagate 160 gig sata
    gigabyte 6600gt 128mb (600/1300)
    XP 64bit

X.I.P
    Quote Originally Posted by eBoy0
    2000 toyota avalon.
    i used to have 98 avalon ^^ good car

now is E46 M3 SMG

Xtreme Member

Smile It depends on what you want.....

To aja : Where are you exactly?? In europe??
    I would rather see the car modified into a custom home-made style...
    Will see if i can find some specs....

'd better buy a twin of that car, you would have replacement parts... lol

I guess you the 300 engine will fit.....Why not try the V8 from the 600 limousine.
    (The Limo also have a great interior and rear-hydraulic suspension...)

You could also turn your 280 se into a 600 (with one or two more meters...)

Or, the heating problem is well-known on forums...
    http://forums.motorlegend.com/ubb/ul...opic/9/22.html
    I guess you could design a good heat-exchanger yourself.....(aluminium...)

Think you can run 160 hp's with a prep'd engine.....
    But it's a pity to touch those ladies....they need to be preserved....and rarely driven at the most....

why not ask AMG (at the time, they were running 6.8 (from 6.3) liters V8 engine on a 300 SEL series chassis....(24 Hrs Spa-Francorchamps 1971)
    have a pic (can e-mail if you want....)

Of course, everything depends on how much youv'e got......the problem of all those who work for a living.......
    Man is a wolf to Man. Then i wanna be the Tex Avery wolf......at least to enjoy the kiss of a woman.....

Xtreme Addict
    My aformentioned Celica is still on the first spark plugs, after 162k. Driving this thing, it's anything but "over the hill."
    Bull .
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Xtreme Addict
    Have you ever worked on a 3800 block to know what it takes to get more horses out of it? I don't know where you get your information that you'd have to replace half of the engine to get anything out of it. You don't seem to really know what gives power to a car, and what does not.

For example? What good is horsepower if another part of your car is starving your wheels for torque and power?

What good is horsepower, if your car doesn't have the power to get up a decent grade without really starting to whine?

What good is horsepower if your shocks cannot handle a decent turn at speed?

There's more to a car than horsepower. Sure, on the strip its a big deal. But when you start driving around an actual race course, with varying terrain, you begin to notice that there's more to it than the boner effect known as Horsepower.

I could tune my 3800 block to do 300 easily, add a new differential to allow for greater power delivery to the ground. Adjust the transmission to a tighter beat. Add a better PCM and thermostat to unlock some more power, without really doing much. Give her ram air. A better ventillation system than your Celica is gonna get.

Anyone who thinks they're gonna get 600 useful HP out of a V6 without spending more than it costs for a V10 that will do it stock is just plain stupid.
    Regards, Stew.....

Xtreme Addict
    there could be only ONE HIGHLANDER!!!

Xtreme Member

Wink Cool.....

To Stewie 007 :
    Hi
    Guess you're talking about driving....
    Well, on one hand, it's not easy to "teach" young (from over 18 to 30 years old) people about the lost art of driving.....
    They have their owm marks and their own habits....that's all....
    Of course, getting so much power on the front wheels is, i think, just not good...not even for runs...
    But...on the second hand, if you are the owner of a car, you'll definitly try to strip her guts...... ....

On the all line, you'd be right.....but the point is that everyone is different....
    And..it's great.....

To ciento44 : in deed,there was a tuned celica ( 4th of July, pikes peak 1994)
    Celica-based (or say...related
    4 wheel drive
    2.1 four cylinders turbocharged engine (Toyota Racing Development....900 Hp)
    Carbon brakes
    A aerodynamic "effect (don't know the scientific word)" of more than 2000 pounds on the rear...at 200 km/h

The record was set at 10'04"06 mins
    Previous was 10'43"63 on a Peugeot 405 T16 driven by Ari Vatanen.
    Last edited by Newbie_User; 09-08-2005 at 11:22 AM. Reason: adding something
    Man is a wolf to Man. Then i wanna be the Tex Avery wolf......at least to enjoy the kiss of a woman.....

Xtreme Addict
    On the all line?

Whatever that means... :p

My only point was it doesn't take so much to get power out of any engine. Just because they're japanese engines doesn't make them so much greater. Toyota ain't the only company playing around with racing engines. :p
    Regards, Stew.....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    it's actually alot cheaper to get power out of a v8... last i checked, some dude got 450 WHP in his integra, by spending 15-20 thousand bucks AFTER the cost of the car, so a total of about 30 grand

with a v8, such as ... a mustang GT, you can get 500 WHP with a good 5-6 grand, so like 16 grand total

or a camaro LS1 can get 650 BHP, 600 WHP, with new heads, and pistons, 6k there, so 20k total

small engines cost too much, and require too much maintenance to get a lot of power out of them, or let alone fix them, ppl wat 500 bucks just to install the clutch, that's assuming i'm supplying the clutch, on my acura

while my bro paid 400 bucks, got the clutch, and had it installed, on his mustang

btw, newbie: the word ur looking for, is downforce
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Another advantage with a bigger sized engine is that you don't need to rev the nads off of it for the power.

Altho I wouldn't say no to a 450bhp integra

I myself quite like diesels, I have had the pleasure of driving a VW Golf GT TDI and was very satisfied with the performance from a 2L Turbo diesel. Ok so its not a gorgeous sounding engine like a V8 mustang but It's economical and with the price of fuel in the UK, quite a godsend!

Anyways I shall leave you to debate jap and yank engines

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trance565
    it's actually alot cheaper to get power out of a v8... last i checked, some dude got 450 WHP in his integra, by spending 15-20 thousand bucks AFTER the cost of the car, so a total of about 30 grand
    :p That much should be obvious, no? It goes hand and hand with my statement earlier about a V10 hehehe.
    Regards, Stew.....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    actually, i think v8's might be cheaper than v10's, cuz most cars with v10's cost a load to begin with, same with v12's

and on the note of diesel, my friend is actually thinking about replacing his ls1 with a powerstroke deisel, one of the ones with like 550 hp, and 600ftlb of torqe, cuz of this new "bio deisel" fuel coming out, it's supposedly supposed to cost 2 bucks a gallon, and stay that way, it's made from some sort of vegetable oil i think
    emptiness

Xtreme Member

Smile Yop...alternative fuel....

My first statement is that it stinks (the smell) and it produces smoke....
    But if your uncle is a farmer, then you should go for it....
    They are originally made from cereals (colza, beetroot,...)

Some farmers, in britain country roads are using and producing it (in fact, they are recycling used oil (huile) from fast food or their own oil consumption...)
    This replaces regular gazoline....

The diesel you are talking about is called Diester....we have that in France, and especially big transport firms are using it (mostly urban bus companies....)
    And the European Union will increase the percentage of "bio power" added with the regular gas........to 6% i presume...
    So, for now on, we are talking about both "Bio-"Diesel and "Bio-"Gasoline...

Remenber that, in Bresil, they are using alcohol, with an increased Octane rate....and a different compression ratio (higher than regular engines....)
    And that's working pretty damned hard (Heaven, those little VW cars have the Devil in them...)

To trance565 : yop, downforce is the word.....i should have looked into GT4

Diesel addict.....
    The only difference that makes a Diesel a diesel is that it's a spontaneous combustion engine (no added spark but a higher compression and a self-combustion by both heat and inside pressure.....)
    Also, those engines are used to run out of air at more than 4000-4500 rpm's while gazoline engines go run as high as 15-16000 rpm's....

Of course, a diesel produces more torque, almost twice the amount of a similar gazoline engine......
    Say we have direct injection and piezoelectric injectors (1600 bars of pressure...) and more than 2000 with pump-injectors from VW.....
    (Say DCI,TDI,DI-D,.....)
    Also, say that we have turbo (or two....), that can variate the angle of it's own fins to fit with a lower exhaust gaz debit.....

Look at the new PSA-Jaguar-Ford-Land Rover 2.7 V6 dual-Turbo engine (from 190 hps with a single turbo to 204 hp's with Dual Turbos...)..SIlence at his best...A panther strenght in a relaxed atmosphere....
    Or the V10 TDI engine from VW.....313 hp's but an awful weight.....700-750 Nm of torque if i'm right....

The most impressive must be the BMW 535d.....272 hp's out of a 3.0 V6 engine......dual Turbo's...in line (The first-little one goes as the engine starts and up to 2500-3000 rpm's, then the valve of the second-big ass turbo opens with pressure and roars to 4500-5000 rpm's......just like a european BMW engine....)
    Check this out.....On a 1000 meters run, this baby does around 26' secs....

Also, have seen a 200 hp's 1.9 liters TDI engine.....installed into a golf IV....
    Or a Renault Megane Coupe with 170 hp's out of a 1.9 DCI engine
    Look at Peugeot RC's CUP (2.2 liters HDI engine with 180 hp's...plus particules filter)
    http://www.developpement-durable.psa...niv2=02&id=833

Damned, say a diesel for everyday and a gazoline roadster or muscle car for the week-ends....

Anyone agrees??

Xtreme Mentor
    1997 Saab 900S convertible.

Photos from when I picked it up:

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie_User

To ciento44 : in deed,there was a tuned celica ( 4th of July, pikes peak 1994)
    Celica-based (or say...related
    4 wheel drive
    2.1 four cylinders turbocharged engine (Toyota Racing Development....900 Hp)
    Carbon brakes
    A aerodynamic "effect (don't know the scientific word)" of more than 2000 pounds on the rear...at 200 km/h

The record was set at 10'04"06 mins
    Previous was 10'43"63 on a Peugeot 405 T16 driven by Ari Vatanen.
    Yes, true. And that engine used is a variant of the engine that is getting swapped into my Celica next summer, which is the 3SGTE. I'm running the 5SFE right now, which in comparison is a real turd. It's a 2.2 N/A 4-cylinder making 135HP/145 lbs of torque. The 3SGTE, depending on which generation makes 185HP/205HP/255HP stock. The last generation was only available on the Cardina and Celica GT4 in Japan i believe. The other generations are readily available in the US for a decent price. Celica owners can expect to blow around $5000 in cash for the complete engine/tranny swap. The tranny from the 5sfe can't even hope to cope with the power this engine can put out. Tuned 5SFE though, forget it. People have done a "5sfte" turbo mod, but it's really not worth the money, and all you really get out of it is something different to brag about.

Stewie007, i just say chill out man. I'm not going to pretend that i know everything about your 3.8 V6. I'm sure that 300HP is perfectly attainable, but if you notice, we were talking numbers like 500HP. That's going to take some work. And even though you say it like it's a fact that i think that Jap engines are the greatest, wrong, i don't. German is the best that i can think of. Spark plugs at 162k original? True story, unless the owner before me replaced them before 24000 miles, at which point the 60-year old lady can be deemed a moron.

Moot point anyway, i just replaced them two days ago with NGK V-Power plugs, and Nology Spark plug wires. Makes a little difference, not a whole lot.

My dad's 1992 Ford Aerostar ran to 227000 miles, and he only replaced the spark plugs once. As long as they don't get fouled with oil from some idiot not taking care of the engine, good spark plugs run a long freaking time.

And Stewie, i know that there's more than horsepower, that's why i chose to keep the Celica rather than get some crapped out Camaro that would still dust me on a drag strip. I've been through two driving schools, and the Datsun 2000 aforementioned in one of my posts, was a track toy set up for road racing. It's about making speed, and keeping it. My roomate's Z28 will kill me on a straight road until his gearing limits his top speed, but i'll kill him on a road course. It's all simple. Please don't treat me like i'm a freaking moron, i haven't done the same to you.

Back on topic, kinda. My girlfriend is looking into getting a Prelude type SH with the H22A engine. I hope she does so i can drive it.
    Abit NF7-S rev2.0 (vdd mod)
    AMD xp 2600+ (mobile-IDYHA)
    2 x 512 Crucial Ballistix pc4000
    Asus V9999 GE
    Thermaltake Volcano 9

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie_User

Diesel addict.....
    The only difference that makes a Diesel a diesel is that it's a spontaneous combustion engine (no added spark but a higher compression and a self-combustion by both heat and inside pressure.....)
    Also, those engines are used to run out of air at more than 4000-4500 rpm's while gazoline engines go run as high as 15-16000 rpm's....

Of course, a diesel produces more torque, almost twice the amount of a similar gazoline engine......
    Say we have direct injection and piezoelectric injectors (1600 bars of pressure...) and more than 2000 with pump-injectors from VW.....
    (Say DCI,TDI,DI-D,.....)
    Also, say that we have turbo (or two....), that can variate the angle of it's own fins to fit with a lower exhaust gaz debit.....

Look at the new PSA-Jaguar-Ford-Land Rover 2.7 V6 dual-Turbo engine (from 190 hps with a single turbo to 204 hp's with Dual Turbos...)..SIlence at his best...A panther strenght in a relaxed atmosphere....
    Or the V10 TDI engine from VW.....313 hp's but an awful weight.....700-750 Nm of torque if i'm right....

The most impressive must be the BMW 535d.....272 hp's out of a 3.0 V6 engine......dual Turbo's...in line (The first-little one goes as the engine starts and up to 2500-3000 rpm's, then the valve of the second-big ass turbo opens with pressure and roars to 4500-5000 rpm's......just like a european BMW engine....)
    Check this out.....On a 1000 meters run, this baby does around 26' secs....

Also, have seen a 200 hp's 1.9 liters TDI engine.....installed into a golf IV....
    Or a Renault Megane Coupe with 170 hp's out of a 1.9 DCI engine
    Look at Peugeot RC's CUP (2.2 liters HDI engine with 180 hp's...plus particules filter)
    http://www.developpement-durable.psa...niv2=02&id=833

Damned, say a diesel for everyday and a gazoline roadster or muscle car for the week-ends....

Anyone agrees??
    yep, that's what i would do if i had the money, diesel evday driver, sports car weekender, but here in america, we done believe in diesel with less than 300 hp

i think one of our weekest diesels, that i know of, is like 350HP, and 450 ftlbtq
    i think thats the ford f250?

but anyways, if i were to get a diesel, it would have to be a GM motor, with 500 HP, and a good 700 ftlb of torque, i mean, sure, 10-12 miles per gallon, but none the less, thats a load of power, and alot of our diesels will do qtmile in like high 14-15 seconds.
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    You should seriously consider replacing them.

Im sure you know the advantages.
    (Gaming)
    AMD Phenom X2 550 Black Edition ( 0921 APBW )
    Unlocked to X4 Currently Running at 3.7GHz-1.450v prime stable (Blend)
    Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P
    G.Skill DDR2 PC2 6400 Running at 533MHz
    1TB SATA Hard-drive
    ATI Radeon X850xl
    EMPREX 22' inch LCD Monitor

Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast