Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: What Car Do You Own?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie007
    380HP to the wheels? What the heck do you got in there? And why is it in a... 626?
    Quite the sleeper
    Project: Find a Happy Place (in progress):
    SD4000
    ViperJohn 7900 GTX
    2x1GB Ballistix
    Vapo LS

Xtreme Addict
    What's inside?
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Admin
    I've got a red 1985 BMW 325e.....mint condition. 'Tis a beauty. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow if I remember to take one. I'm also getting a 160k mile 2001 Civic from my dad I think...it's silver and boring, I reckon it will be a good daily driver though, especially in the winter.

Banned
    J spec 2.0l block, Fully filled, .080 over,arias forged piston's,destroked and nitrated crank (-.300) help's make up for the bad rod x stroke geometry,Billet rod's,soft lobe cam's Thank's to Comp cam's,440cc injector's,56mm throttle body,tube header down to turbo,blitz boost controller,"soon to add tractic traction controller",progressive Nitrous controller,2mm larger Stainless steel intake valves 1mm larger on the exhaust,oil impregnated valve guides,no valve seal's,ported polished head by me,.030 copper head gasket,Jap 5 speed tranny, force 1 2 stage 4 pad street/strip clutch.

Nitrous and traction controller will be the next best upgrade's fo sho!
    Last edited by BB mods's; 08-11-2005 at 11:29 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Civic *snickers*

Why are kids obsessed with Civics? Sadly, the Japanese Automakers really don't know how to exploit engine power. I don't know how many cars I've driven with empty horsepower... Enough to satisfy a kid who thinks that its all about the HPs.

I like my 3.8. Its only rated at 200HP, but I dare you to compare a 3.1, 3.5, and a 3.8 at 200HP. You'll see the difference. It has low end torque that will rip your typical Japmobile's overhead cam configuration a new ass hole.

Not that a DOHC ain't a great engine. :p The Solstice has a good little EcoTec that has some pretty impressive stats for a 2.2 4C. But there ain't nothing wrong with a good DOHV. Never under estimate an engine just because its a "push rod." :p

But really... I'm a big fan of the LS series engines they use in the Corvette, GTO, and the Grand Prix GXP; LS2 and LS4 respectively if you don't know. One beautifully engineered motor.
    Civic VTEC Engine has the highest power to weight ratio in the world (of any production car engine) Check out the Top Gear Episode w/ the Ariel Atom Pretty impressive what it does w/ 1/3rd the stock weight. They say it puts more to the ground than the Enzo
    Last edited by illmatik; 08-11-2005 at 12:28 PM.

Banned
    Hey Stew...wana race your car next to mine? my little DOC 16 valve 626 would eat that 3800 of your's and still stay under 7k rpm and ill launch at any rpm u want me to

Xtreme Addict
    Mine's stock and yours isn't. Let me put some upgrades in first, then we'll see who's got muscle in their car hehehe.

You can't just hop up an engine, and then compare it to a stock engine. You've gotta hop up both engines. Odds are, if it couldn't catch the other at stock, it aint gonna catch it when its maxed out.

Either way, thats alot you got in that 626... :p I'd just rather have it for me grand prix... I'm not into Hondas, etc.... or BMWs etc...

If I won a BMW I'd sell it. :p
    Last edited by Stewie007; 08-11-2005 at 05:37 PM.
    Regards, Stew.....

Banned
    Sure bro u do what ya need to your ride and all ill do is step on the gas a little more

Im looking for some one here thta has a digi cam corder...then ill go to a parking lot and have some fun for you guy's...mmm laying rubber on cam..kina excites me

Xtreme Addict
    3800ccs gives me alot more potential than your 2000, sadly. But the point is really irrelevant, since I have not the money to do such things. I'm savin it for my next car.

So I can only say that your 626 is pretty dang impressive, but otherwise it needs a paint job
    Regards, Stew.....

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, you're right. :p

But still, what I was saying is still a valid point. The actual measurement of a car's power that is most accurate is the Horsepower at the Wheels.

Torque at the wheels
    Which, by the way, the Horsepower trace on a dyno is a direct influence on.

Xtreme Cruncher
    my car inside

my car outside

the new trunk of my car

and my best friend grand cherooke

and for stewie007 japanes cars are way better than americans, american cars after 2 year you have to throw them japanes cars can last 10 15 years easly...

and there are some high HP japanes cars like mazda rx7 mazda rx8 toyota supra acura rsx honda nsx honda 2000 nissan skyline gt r 34 lancer evo mitsu eclipse mitsu 3000gt vr 4 mitsu galant vr 4 nissan 350z
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme News Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BB mods's
    1977 Limited edition Corvett L-88 Factory 6" chrome side pipe's 500HP Bill Miller racing engine.
    0-60 Fast enuff to drop panties

OMG!! a 77 LE L-88. The best looking car of all time! A design so far ahead of its time! I love it.

For gods sake what is it doing outside? You can see the sun damage. TAKE CARE OF THIS BABY!!!

Xtreme Member
    BB lets see a full shot with both of those hoods popped

-CaT
    Send Me Your Broken Hardware! - Repair Parts and vMod Research!
    Need vMods? PM Me!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    and for stewie007 japanes cars are way better than americans, american cars after 2 year you have to throw them japanes cars can last 10 15 years easly...
    2 years? Funny, I own a 2000 Grand Prix, my parents an 01 Le Sabre.... Previous cars...

Old Chevy Celebrity - my dad never took care of it, yet it still lasted 10 years before my bro took it over, then another 3 years. Funny... Seems to have beaten your 2 year theory by 11 years....

Buick Century - Leased it for 3 years. But the condition it was in when we turned it in was really quite excellent. My dad took care of this one, and it did us very well.

Chevy Lumina - The only thing that could take this one off the road was a collision in the rear. Totalled, and replaced with a rather inferior Volkswagen Passat, 96. Needless to say it had 108,000 miles on it, and with good maintenance, that engine would have lasted a good long time. We would have still had it today.

Buick LeSabre - Got it in 2001, and still today it drives like new.

Pontiac Grand Prix - This one's mine, and obviously its only 5 years old. Gave it a 60,000 mile tune up, and she gets routine oil changes. No problems here.

Aunt and Uncle had an old Buick LeSabre... I think it was a 90, they just recently got rid of it. Didn't break down, they just wanted something else.

For the Bad - We had an Olds Cutlass that never ran very well. It sucked rotten . No wonder Olds is gone now.....

Oh, and I forgot to mention the old 77 Caprice we had that was 14 years old before. Bought it used, and it still ran just fine. Sure, it could have used a major tune up. But the fact is it needed no major maintenance.

So, all that said. Japanese cars sure are quality cars, there's no arguing that. If it weren't for them, the American Auto Industry would have never gotten to where it is today. So I think you need to get your ass out of the 70s and realize that this is 2005. I get tired of hearing old men at work talk about their Toyotas, and then go and say "American cars just don't last." The last time they drove one was in 1985... Funny how you can form an opinion with a 20 year gap.... I bet you formed yours by hear-say.
    Last edited by Stewie007; 08-12-2005 at 08:47 PM.
    Regards, Stew.....

Xtreme Member
    my car inside

my car outside

the new trunk of my car

and my best friend grand cherooke

and there are some high HP japanes cars like mazda rx7 mazda rx8 toyota supra acura rsx honda nsx honda 2000 nissan skyline gt r 34 lancer evo mitsu eclipse mitsu 3000gt vr 4 mitsu galant vr 4 nissan 350z
    Sorry for double post but after 2 years you have to throw an american car out? Damn dude you are so ignorant if you actually think that. Just as many crap jap cars have rolled off the line as american cars. Take the Nissan DET and DETT for example, have fun at 100,000 miles when your turbos wear out. I know many people with fords, chevys, dodges, etc with more than 200,000 miles on them still running strong, so i wouldnt make such bold statments if i were you.
    Send Me Your Broken Hardware! - Repair Parts and vMod Research!
    Need vMods? PM Me!

10-15 years? you are being silly. There' no car on the face of the earth that will do that kind of time with me driving it. In terms of repairs per 1000 vehicles, the top three manufacturers in the world as measured by JD powers are separated by a couple per cent... Toyota, Honda, DaimlerChrysler...with the most reliable Chrysler being the PT Cruiser...

I have a Black PT Cruiser Turbo and a Durango...both great vehicles. I'd buy a Toyota, but I hate sacrificing horse power and getting charged more. I figure I can drive anything right into the ground in about four or five years...

if you offer me a civic or a corolla, I'd say they might last a long time because they are so bloody slow nothing wears out. I'd rather take the bus.
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    aww an OC virgin! lose it tonight with Xtremesystems!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Compared some cars on JD..

This is what I came up with....

Overall Quality:

Buick Le Sabre - 5 Stars
    Lexus (cant remember model) - 5 Stars
    Pontiac Grand Prix - 4 Stars
    Buick Lacrosse - 4 Stars
    Nissan Altima - 3 Stars
    Honda Civic - 3 Stars
    Toyota Corolla - 3 Stars
    Mitsubishi Galant - 3 Stars
    Pontiac G6 - 3 Stars

Got alot of American cars beating out these Japanese cars here... You can check them, I'm not lying. They're all 05 models. And they're standard models too, obviously. Because no civic I know of is going to compete with a Grand Prix GXP, or GTP's features; even a GT. I don't like though how no one seems to care about OnStar... That alone trumps any of these features I see in other cars. Strangely Cadillac seems to be at the bottom rungs... BMW ain't at the top of their game either. Lexus has almost all 5 stars.. Suzuki and Infinity are abismal...

Fancy electronics and a few bells and whistles can't beat having a person call you when your airbags deploy, and sending help if needed. Directing you to where you need to go if you're lost. The personal touch works even better than digital maps sometimes. Unlocking your car doors remotely for you when you call in telling them ya locked em in. You're stuck with your Altima... gotta get a lock smith, or call home for the second set of keys.

I don't know if I trust JD Power's though... they seem biased towards Lexus.. Although, only 1 Infinity came out as mechanically sound. The other 2 models came out as... "The Rest" 2 Stars. The FX Series, and QX56... Not very mechanically sound apparently.. :p

Banned
    Jap car's have crap model's same with american car's...i own both type's and got lucky,Ill get some more pic's when the weather get's better.

Xtreme Cruncher
    old american cars are actually quite good make to last newer ones specially from chevrolet are crap my family had 4 blazers and after two year or 3 years you have to repair the WHOLE front train cuz it sux, and for the other side you can see in my garage one toyota corolla 1994 that is PERFECT no problems and next to it a land cruiser 1988 that bastard after 700000km can still run i dont know how but it does it

but actually i can see daily some newer fords like the fiesta and focus and the chevrolet blazer, corsa, astra really bad after a couple of years runing in the other side you can see lots of corolla 1994 running out there very cheap to repair them....

lexus is japaness and i dont know where you found those ratings no bmw at the top or audi or VW no mercedez?????? those cars are the best of the best i wont change my moms bmw 545i for nothing in the world
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

bee boo bop bop crunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatik
    Civic VTEC Engine has the highest power to weight ratio in the world (of any production car engine) Check out the Top Gear Episode w/ the Ariel Atom Pretty impressive what it does w/ 1/3rd the stock weight. They say it puts more to the ground than the Enzo
    Civic's are old granny shopping carts, they are also extremely ugly.

Oh yeah, IMO.

Xtreme Member
    By god, there's more stereotypes in here than at a audiobahn festival.

Xtreme Addict
    lexus is japaness and i dont know where you found those ratings no bmw at the top or audi or VW no mercedez?????? those cars are the best of the best i wont change my moms bmw 545i for nothing in the world
    You're surprised the VW isn't at the top? They are NOT the best of the best. They're actually low end Euro cars. You cannot compare a BMW to VW... not even close.

I found these ratings at JD Powers, I did say JD..

I know Lexus is Japanese....

And by the way, you CANT change your moms BMW 545i for anything in the world... She'd murder you if you tried hehe. But these are just ratings done by JD Powers based on statistics. The point I'm trying to convey is that all manufacturers have their problems, not just the US Industry. That's just poppy:banana::banana::banana::banana:.
    Regards, Stew.....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SewerSide
    Civic's are old granny shopping carts, they are also extremely ugly.

Oh yeah, IMO.
    Granny Shopping carts that kids happen to be obsessed with... :p They're usually all beat up... I'm a detail freak too, so if I customize my car, its gotta be presentable, otherwise I've wasted my time.
    Regards, Stew.....

Banned
    HEY!!!!!!!! Chill out guy's......me and Stewie007 were just playing with each other......let it rest..

Xtreme Addict
    Well actually BB, this was in reference to what someone else said.

I think they know who's car would win in a fight anyways.... ehehe
    Regards, Stew.....

Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast