Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with PDP?

Xtreme Addict
    I'm sure there are a lot of people waiting to see how this plays out. In particular I would like to know why they didn't contact you straight away when you responded to thier e-mail confirmation stating they had received your memory.

I had Patriot as a candidate for TCCD because they are relatively inexpensive, and Fry's carries them at stores here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I believe Patriot has some offices located here as well. It might be a little easier for me to liberate my memory if by some chance I have a RMA go wildly wrong, you however may need to enlist some XS members to camp out on their doorstep.
    Sourcing parts for a mildly over clocked abacus.

Sent this Emial last night to every email on thier contact page:

Dear PDP Systems, Inc.,

I would like to direct your attention to this thread
    at XtremeSystems.org:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=53568

I recently had a memory purchase to make. The above
    thread, however, immediately removed PDP from my list
    of options. This was very unfortunate because I have
    read many positive things in the overclocking and
    performance community about PDP memory. Finally I
    decided that Twinmos was a safer choice.

I realize that any company could make a mistake. So,
    for that reason, I like many others in the enthusiast
    market will be watching this thread closely. to see if
    PDP Systems stands by their products and treats every
    customer with the respect and professionalism they
    deserve.

Regards,

xxxxx xxxxx

Below is a link to PDP contact page.

http://www.pdpsys.com/company/index.jsp?source=contact

Perhaps it may help if more of us express our concern over this troubling issue.

The Fremont, California, office has a 800 number. The head of sales thier is Laura Hoorn. She will be out of the office until Monday according to the lady I spoke with.

At the Midwest Regional Branch, I was able to speek with Jennifer Petersen. She seemed sincere and hopefully she will alert the proper people at her company to this situation.

Why did you guys need to RMA your sticks? Just got mine in and I'm still testing, but I'm curious what the reasons were.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    To everybody who has got involved or has offered help:

Thank you!

I've recieved an e-mail from PDP stating that my RMA has been dispatched and an apology for the delay & lack of contact. I am in your debt

It is good that everyone has shown community spirit and helped me out of what looked like a pretty grim situation.

@ p0tempkin,

Don't ask me why or how, but the ram just lost its clocks. For no apparent reason the stable speed fell over the course of a week from 266@ 2.5-3-3-7 1T to 243 at the same timings. I tested it on two motherboards and two different A64s, a Winnie and an FX-55.
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

WOOHOOOO (Homer S.)

Good for you. (And for me, now i thinks its safe to buy PDP again)

Xtreme Member
    That's good to hear GazC. I had to RMA some ram once with PDP and things actually went pretty smooth. If I saw this thread earlier I could've give you the direct number to one of PDP's head ram guys named William. I actually talked to him when I was having trouble with some of their LLK modules. Anyways, good luck with the new ram, hopefully it'll do well beyond 266MHZ.

Intel E6400 @ 3.2GHZ (1.35v) - Freezer Pro 7
    Gigabyte DS3 C1 F8i
    2GB G. Skill PK @ 400mhz 1:1 (4-4-4-12)
    Asus EN6200 8 pipes enabled
    250GB Hitachi T7K250
    Fortron Blue Storm 500W
    Antec P180

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle
    That's good to hear GazC. I had to RMA some ram once with PDP and things actually went pretty smooth. If I saw this thread earlier I could've give you the direct number to one of PDP's head ram guys named William. I actually talked to him when I was having trouble with some of their LLK modules. Anyways, good luck with the new ram, hopefully it'll do well beyond 266MHZ.
    Well it needs to beat the 282 my Gskill does or it's going up for sale. Infact, I'll probably sell it anyway, I just want to wash my hands with PDP now I've had my fingers burned.
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

Xtreme Member
    glad eveything turned out alright
    |Core i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz|ASUS P8P67 Pro|8.0GB G.skill DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 260|
    |OCZ Vertex SSD|HP LP2465 24" LCD|Antec P182|Seasonic X750 PSU|H2O Cooling|Windows 7 x64|

|Core 2 Duo E6420|Asus P5K-VM|4.0GB DDR2|AMD Radeon 3450|Antec Fusion V2|Westinghouse 42" 1080P LCD|

|ThinkPad X61 Tablet|Core 2 Duo L7500|4.0GB DDR2|OCZ Vertex SSD|Windows 7|

Audio: EMU 0404->Onkyo TX-SR500 ->Polk LSi7's + Velodyne VX10

Banned
    I finally got an rma # today but they tried to give me the run around and say they couldnt take it back cause the stickers arent on it. I had to explain to them that the sticks never mentioned anything about void if removed so he ran it buy his manager and the manager said the older sticks didnt have that printed on them and that they will rma it for me. They said they should have my ram shipped back to me 10 days after they recieve it. Im fedexing it tomorrow.

Xtreme Addict
    I also shipped my sticks in today... should get there in a week or 2.

Xtreme Addict
    Bump, I may need help from you guys

Got an email on march 3rd that they received my ram but so far, no email about shipping my replacement ram.

Should I start complaining or wait longer?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by HKPolice
    Bump, I may need help from you guys

Got an email on march 3rd that they received my ram but so far, no email about shipping my replacement ram.

Should I start complaining or wait longer?
    YGPM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ok, and I was about to get some PDP ram today...

this RAM is permanently out of my list, even if they rectify the situation. the customer response is poor, from what i've been seeing here...

Banned
    I agree, Ive been trying to get the status of my ram and keep getting the identical email back. "Please allow 5 - 10 working days to process."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GazC
    Don't ask me why or how, but the ram just lost its clocks. For no apparent reason the stable speed fell over the course of a week from 266@ 2.5-3-3-7 1T to 243 at the same timings. I tested it on two motherboards and two different A64s, a Winnie and an FX-55.
    I'm having the same situation here....

Constant reboots are all I'm getting right now..

Your situation really doens't give me much hope for a good RMA-deal...
    P5N32-E SLI PLUS - E6600 @3.6GHz - 2GB Team Xtreem - ASUS 7950GX2 - 3*74GB RAID 0 - 4*500GB RAID5 (ARECA 1210) - Lian Li PC2000

Banned
    I got my tracking numner yesterday. i should have my ram back 3/14

Xtreme Guru
    Grrr.. I'll stay away from these guys
    i5 750 4.20GHz @ NH-D14 | 8GB | P7P55DLE | 8800U | Indilinx SSD + Samsung F3 | HAF922 + CM750W
    Past: Q6600 @ 3.60 E6400 @ 3.60 | E6300 @ 3.40 | O165 @ 2.90 | X2 4400+ @ 2.80 | X2 3800+ @ 2.70 | VE 3200+ @ 2.80 | WI 3200+ @ 2.75 | WI 3000+ no IHS @ 2.72 | TBB 1700+ @ 2.60 | XP-M 2500+ @ 2.63 | NC 2800+ @ 2.40 | AB 1.60GHz @ 2.60
    Quote Originally Posted by CompGeek
    The US is the only country that doesn't use [nuclear weapons] to terrorize other countries. The US is based on Christian values, unlike any other country in the world. Granted we are straying from our Christian heritage, but we still have a freedom aimed diplomatic stance.

Xtreme Member
    They must have the worst customer service on record, they returned 5 of my E mails unread, the ram has gone back to the dealer who tested it then gave me a refund.

PDP don't deserve to be in business, the shop I had mine from has had 3 that they have tested faulty out of a batch of 20 maybe they are going through a bad patch, maybe so many are faulty that they can't deal with them all?

I think we would all feel better if they replied and put us in the picture.

Xtreme Addict
    Ok they got my package on March 3rd, still no emails. I've emailed them 2 days ago, still nothing... JNav89, can you please help?

Xtreme Addict
    I emailed my contact and asked him to check into this topic. I will reply in the next several days as I'm really swamped with work right now.
    thanks
    it's never fast enough!

Xtreme Addict
    He responded to me within a few hours, I am keeping his name private at this point, but will list his response

Hi John,

Once again, thanks for bringing this back to my attention. I will have a meet and discuss this situation with our RMA department to see if there is some kind of problem going on. I hope we can resolve this issue and provide better service that what is described.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
    it's never fast enough!

Xtreme Addict
    I got a response too, he said he'll be looking into it.

Banned
    I got my ram back yesterday, too bad its crappy infineon stuff

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomalistic
    I got my ram back yesterday, too bad its crappy infineon stuff
    What model is it?

Banned
    heh that sucks that you got some crappy infineon stuff...if you want I have an email saved from PDP stating that if I ever had to RMA my RAM that they would replace it with another stick that would perform as good as or better than the ram that I RMA'ed them. I know mine is rated for 2-2-2-5 at 200 and up to 266 @ 3-4-4-8 and the email stated specifically that any RAM I recieved from an RMA would perform at those specs or better....could use that email as a legal obligation for PDP to get you better memory.

Here is the email reply...I was concerned about being able to get a replacement since TCCD is no longer in production (not gonna have the computer built until summer, but I bought the RAM cause it was cheap at the time and didn't want the price to go really high by the time I built the system, I did get an extended warranty from NewEgg so if PDP sucks hopefully that will bail me out).

As to their customer service....I can attest to the woes of others here...I had to send multiple emails to multiple addresses at pdp to even get a reply....I hope my RAM works fine and I dont have to go through their RMA dept
    Dear Customer,

As the manufacture can't guaranteed the chipset supply, I can't
    guaranteed whenever, in case you need to RMA your product you will get
    the same exact chipset back as the one you ordered. However if such
    instance should take place, the memory module manufacture will replace
    an equal or better product at time if this instance should take place.
    For instances for the PC3500 memory module we had while back since we
    are no longer able to replace it, we actually replace it with PC3700 or
    PC4000 products. And if the customer has special interest we should be
    able to find a special solution for the customer in case the Customer
    need to service their product.

The chipset been used is not product specification. The actual product
    specification is the specification for the product, taking consideration
    for the RMA the product specification is the guild line when we RMA (if
    the product is able to go 2-2-2-5 @ 200Mhz the replacement will also go
    2-2-2-5 @ 200Mhz.)

Of course this only happens when we ran out of the original solution.
    And it shouldn't happen for a long time for as long as the product is in
    production or After the reserve solution ran out.

Regards,
    Tech support
    Last edited by Erasmus354; 03-16-2005 at 06:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast