Thread: Amd Mobile 3000 64bit

Amd Mobile 3000 64bit

i wanna know if this can overclock really good like the mobile athalon XP's do. and i wanna know if they are unlocked cause the local PC store says they are supposed to be completely unlocked. so i want some input.

thnx

Xtreme Enthusiast
    they're not completely unlocked, and they do tend to OC slightly better than desktop processor if it's a TRUE mobile. The extra OC will probably because you get direct-die cooling without the heatspreader. But generally yes, they do OC very nicely, and make sure you get a heatsink that will make proper contact. ie SLK948
    A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

I thought it was cos they usually run at lower voltages, and therefore OC a bit better (cooler).

I might be wrong, but I doubt it.
    desktop:
    AMD 3800+ x2 | MSI K9N Neo-F | 1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 675 | 7600GT | 2x160GB | MX700 | Enermax 485w

notebook:
    ASUS A6T Turion x2 TL52 | 1GB DDR2 | Go7600 | DVD±RW 8x DL | 80GB 7200rpm | WiFi | XP pro

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi
    I thought it was cos they usually run at lower voltages, and therefore OC a bit better (cooler).

I might be wrong, but I doubt it.
    the stock voltage being lower will always give you a bit more leverage when you raise the voltage.
    A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi
    it is true but a64 mobiles are not exactly mobiles as far as i know and i see mobile a64 is exactly same with desktop a64 the diff is they lower mult and give less volt.

like my friends laptop it has 2800+ mobile but only diff i can see is its mult is 9 instead of 10

what i mean is they take a 3000+ desktop make its mult 9 lower the stock volt and name it 2800+ mobile

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto
    it is true but a64 mobiles are not exactly mobiles as far as i know and i see mobile a64 is exactly same with desktop a64 the diff is they lower mult and give less volt.

like my friends laptop it has 2800+ mobile but only diff i can see is its mult is 9 instead of 10

what i mean is they take a 3000+ desktop make its mult 9 lower the stock volt and name it 2800+ mobile
    The lower multiplier is due to the 1MB L2 cache.......3000+ mobile w/ 1MB cache has clock of 1.8Ghz, 3000+ desktop with 512k cache has clock of 2Ghz.