Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6600 (Non-GT) Volt Mods

Xtreme Member
    Any updates on this core (GPU) vmod? The pics that nodak gave doesn't look so good and I can't seem to find the R87.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Nodak, is that a PNY 6200 you have in your pics?
    Official ORB bottom feeder.

Xtreme Mentor
    He's running a Sparkle 6600 256MB AGP card.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Exact same pcb as the PNY agp cards. Very short pcb, barely 1/2" past the piece for the retention clip.
    Official ORB bottom feeder.

Xtreme Member
    For nodak:
    I have Sparkle6600AGP,128Mb card and I like to try this volt mod,but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "overshade the R87 ".I have to say that I am new to this kind of mod.Is this a pencil trick over a rezistor?
    I would apreciate if find time to explain me in a few words.
    Also I am interested in volt mod for memory wich I feel can be pushed higher.Now I have the card 560/680 with stock voltage and full load temperature 65 with replaced cooling fan and AL memory heatsinks.
    Thanks for your time

Sry that i Did not reply.Yes it´s pencil trick just use pencil over the R87 rezistor and that´s it.For the PNY I must look at home.My card is Sparkle 6600 NON GT 256MB AGP with hynix 3,6 chips.I shoot bether pics today and post it hire.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for your answer,Nodak.I will try it today.Does it matter how thick is the pencil trace on the resistor? I've seen in an article that was recomended a very thin pencil trace because voltage is related to that.But that was for a PCI-E card.
    Where did you measure de voltage,and what voltage do you have now?
    Is there any voltage mod for the memory,cause I couldn't find one over the Internet?
    Thanks again

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nodak
    Sry that i Did not reply.Yes it´s pencil trick just use pencil over the R87 rezistor and that´s it.For the PNY I must look at home.My card is Sparkle 6600 NON GT 256MB AGP with hynix 3,6 chips.I shoot bether pics today and post it hire.
    Well,I did the mod today.R87 had before moding 395 ohms and after 384 ohms if my tester is acuratte.I think voltage increase was very low because impedance decreased just 10ohms.I was able to increase core speed with another 15Mhz without getting artifacts.I can run card at 578/678 artifact free,but in games things are not so good.Core is allready overclocked to high for this low memory bandwidth.I think more efficient will be a memory clock increase.Also if I run games like HL2 at this clocks with AA,I have all the time hang-ups.
    What are the clocks you are running on your card?
    And please tell me where to measure core voltage.If I know that I can help developers of NiBiTor in releasing a new version of this great program with better support for 6600nonGT cards.

Xtreme Member
    Today I shaded the R87 rezistor some more and impedance decreased from original 395 to 355 ohms.That will be for about o,1V increase for GPU,if I am not wrong.Now I have core at 585Mhz overclocked just by using driver's control panel.I don't use riva tuner,altough I can push much higher artifact fr,because after overclocking I get actually lower performance
    Nodak,you said you had 1.5-1,55V before the mod and 1,65V after the mod.
    Could it be a mistake?From what I know GeForce 6 series have a 3D core voltage in the range 1.2-1.4V.It is more likely for our 6600nonGT to be only 1.3V.I found that these cards,unlike GT may have a single voltage for both 2D and 3D.Since you know where to measure,can you confirm that?
    Anyone knows a mod for memory voltage for these 6600nonGT AGP cards?

no I had 1.36V before the pencil mod and right now I´ve 1.6V and I´m runing my GPU @600MHz.Core temp is between 55-60°C in 3D.right now I´m looking how to do volt mod for memory but I had not much time for researching beacuse I´ve lot of work.Hire are the measure points for mem and GPU

Last edited by nodak; 03-21-2005 at 06:27 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks a lot for the information,nodak,but something is wrong.To the yellow points ,that you indicated for memory,I measure 1,55V in 2D and 1,61V in 3D.
    For the red marks I get 2.58-2,59V.It is more likely that these points are for
    memory and the yellow points are for the GPU.
    Something more.Afternoon when I first saw your reply,it was a picture GPU1 attached wich I saved to my disk.This evening when I opened this post again to reply,the picture has changed in the area where you marked for GPU measurement.You changed it?
    I did the measurement between the grounded point most up to the end of blue line and the midlle red point.Measuring to the lower red point will give nothing.Now,this to red points are the legs of a condenser on the other side of the board.There is no point in measuring between this to red points.
    When you find time,please make it clear for me -yellow for GPU and red for memory?
    If originaly GPU voltage was 1.36V that means we increased 0.25V.Can you tell me what are the values of your R87 before an after the mod?
    If I don't ask to much,maybe you can post also your bios wich I like to compare with mine.
    Thanks a lot for help and I'll be waiting for news about memory volt mod.
    You must be realy good with electronics.

OPS sry for my mistake.Yes red are for memory and yello are for GPU
    I´m not a good electrican.don´t look @ blue marking meanś nothing.Yes I´ve changed it.I updated my pic. from work from my memory thatś the reason why I did mistake in the while paiting.
    Last edited by nodak; 03-21-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I flashed to 600 core.not tested yet but with memory can not go more than 680.what about R87 values before and after?

what´s your V mem?

Xtreme Member
    2.58-2.59v

Quote Originally Posted by seaman
    2.58-2.59v
    my has 2.69V on the measuring point without a V mod

Xtreme Member
    probably because you have 256Mb.I only have 128Mb.
    You know a russian guy reached 735Mhz on memory without voltmod?(Sparkle)
    For me voltmod for memory is a need.core is allready to high and memory is bottleneck

I found out the memory chips can handle 2.9V so we must find out the memory mod.Is your GPU @600 stable?

Xtreme Member
    I,m not good with electronics.All I can do is search the net for some news,cause I have plenty free time.Anyway I do this every day.This is how I found you

Xtreme Member
    If you know what chip controls the memory voltage i think I can find some schematics.

If you know what chip controls the memory voltage i think I can find some schematics.
    Problem is that i thint that regulator for V mem is that one near the C39 butt on my card I can´t see it´s description

Xtreme Member
    I'll have a look tomorow on the card.Right know is runing.In what area should I look?
    Sorry I didn,t see your question earlier.Reflashed GPU to 595 and seems ok.At 600 gives a few green artifacts.Max temperature is 77

Xtreme Member
    did you do any bios moding to your card?the guys over at MKVTech want to know,for development of NiBiTor.I told them about the mod and the voltages

Xtreme Member
    did you do any bios moding to your card?the guys over at MKVTech want to know,for development of NiBiTor.I told them about the mod and the voltages
    I've done the Temp Monitoring bios mod, but I wish NiBiTor would enable voltages for these cards! Could someone ask the makers of NiBiTor what it would take to get voltages for the GPU and/or mem??
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    1 GB of OCZ PC3700EL Platinum TCCD
    AMD 3500+ Clawhammer (XP-120)
    eVGA 6200 -> 6600 softmod

Xtreme Member
    Well things are little bit more complicated.Some say there is no voltage table in bios for 6600nonGT cards.That is why NiBiTor and Riva Tuner can not read any value for Vcore.Seems that voltage for the core is set at hardware level and not from the bios like for GT cards.
    With memory voltage is another story.This is not controled by the bios in all cards.So you will never see how much it is unless you measure it.
    The guys at MKVTech are working on new NiBiTor release and I try to help them since they don't have a 6600nonGT card to test and to get some information.Thanks to nodak,we could figure what are the voltages for this card,wich is very important.
    But if you need to increase volt in your card,just do a pencil trick.It is not permanent and it gives results,but you need good cooling

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast