Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: looks like also BH-5 will have a revival!!!

Moral Police
    I defenitly don't support iddqd's view.

I never, ever had problems with twinmoss. As said before me it is off course true that with twinmoss you don't get a guarantee that it'll reach xxxmhz or something but then again it IS valueram now isn't it?

and also iddqd, I don't feel that you are in any right of complaining seeing as Twnmos now uses BRAINPOWER pcb's on their VALUEram....

I don't know about you but imho that shows a devotion to their costumers and work and the fact that they do not belong in the craphouse....

They deliver decent memory and for very good prices. IF you want assured overclocks of 250MHZ @ 5-2-2-2 then you should go OCZ VX or something and pay 300 euros or more for a gig.

for me twinmoss will suffice nicely and I think I found a constant in my life at this moment. I always used to take Apacer but after my good twinmoss experience (no not UTT, Mtecs clocking 240@ 7-3-3-2T @ 2.9Volts)
    and a good experience with a frend of mines year old RAM which also contains brainpower PCB's I can say nothing evil/bad about Twinmoss except that they might wanna put their valueram in a package also. I wouldn't mind paying 2 euros more fore a package bevause at this moment I don't like the bare modules when I take'm home, I like'm wrapped to protect them nicly.

Thats the only thing I can think of to critisice Twinmoss with.

Xtreme Addict
    Alonso, when you get the first shipment would you post the "Week" of the chips used please?
    VX/UTT Voltage Scaling, please contribute...

10x260 _ 1T-2-2-2-8-7-15 _ 3.3vDIMM _ 1.75vCORE

Mobile 3400+ CG 0437XDPW
    DFI LanParty UT
    XP120 w/ 120mm Thermaltake Thunderblade
    2x512MB OCZ VX
    BBATI 9800np w/Infineon
    PC Power & Cooling 510w Deluxe

XS Intel News & D²OL enhanced
    so winbond is makeing BH-5 again huh?

iddq afaik almost all BH5 will do 250 with 3.5v max.

Xtreme Mentor
    enzor : mine hit 250 with 3.3...only if i had 3.4-3.5
    ASUS P5K-E // E8400 Q746A519
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    LC 550W GP// XPERTVISION 9600GT

Ebay Hater
    Ah, lack of capitol. If those are indeed the secrets behind Windbond's disappearance, then i doubt that they would kick in long after their exit.

If anyone has any links or information regarding the disappearance of winbond from the RAM market, pleas PM me. I would like to gather as much information on the topic.

Hey, for £25 a stick, it's FREE!
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

XS D2OL & RAM News
    Saaya did something on that I believe one, try PMing him

jjcom

Xtreme Addict

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd
    What are you talking about, TwinMOS is foolish.

...but the old TwinMOS BH-5 was nothing to write home about.
    Nah... my twinmos BH-5 sucks too *cough*... "only" DDR540 2-2-2-5 @ 3.6v

That's Dual Channel (socket 939) of course... not just 1 stick

I managed to get some 44D AA4T sticks (2x512) and I'll pick 'em up this week... see what they can do

But I do like my BH-5's a lot... selling those will be hard to me
    Last edited by Garrett; 01-24-2005 at 03:07 PM.
    lol... This forum requires that you wait 70 seconds between posts. Please try again in 8 seconds.
    *phone rings*
    Friend: Do you have a spare PSU lying around?
    Me: No why?
    Friend: My PSU just blew up, I think the second 8800GTX might have been too much for it to handle
    Me: what PSU was that again?
    Friend: Antec 480w
    Me:........

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by felinusz
    Most BH-5 doesn't perform (waah, my BH-5 won't clear 220, as you say) untill ~3V. Most people do not have 3V of VDIMM available on their boards without modifications. BH-5 will not usually clear 220 with only ~2.85V. As for "overclocking steppings"; There are good and bad examples of almost all BH-5 steppings - some chips are weak, and some overclock really well.
    I mean whatever voltage you throw at it. Some BH-5 will start gaining 1Mhz every .1vdimm after 220MHz... go figure. Oh wait, Buffalo!
    Quote Originally Posted by enzoR
    so winbond is makeing BH-5 again huh?

iddq afaik almost all BH5 will do 250 with 3.5v max.
    Winbond is dead. . Whatever Infineon is making on their fab, is their concern. Most likely a tweaked, or a smaller process CH-5 (CH-4?, in this case?) Winbond UTT is just plain WTF. You guys made it up, based solely that the packaging appears to be the same as Winbond's (two dimples). However, the packaging machine that makes those dimples is very common in Taiwan. For example, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between unmarked ProMOS and Winbond chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett
    Nah... my twinmos BH-5 sucks too *cough*... "only" DDR540 2-2-2-5 @ 3.6v

That's Dual Channel (socket 939) of course... not just 1 stick

I managed to get some 44D AA4T sticks (2x512) and I'll pick 'em up this week... see what they can do

But I do like my BH-5's a lot... selling those will be hard to me
    My OCZ BH-5 does 250MHz 2-2-2 at only 3.1vdimm. 3.35, and I got 270 . Also, I'm under impression that you are using 2x256 sticks to achieve 270MHz. I'm using 2x512 sticks. If you don't beleive me, check the BH-5 database we have stuck to the top, TwinMOS section does not impress .
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    Winbond is dead. . Whatever Infineon is making on their fab, is their concern. Most likely a tweaked, or a smaller process CH-5 (CH-4?, in this case?) Winbond UTT is just plain WTF. You guys made it up, based solely that the packaging appears to be the same as Winbond's (two dimples). However, the packaging machine that makes those dimples is very common in Taiwan. For example, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between unmarked ProMOS and Winbond chips.
    no one made anything up, there are news articles about Winbond making chips again and selling them to Infineon, and Alonso himself just said UTT is basically CH5... which we already figured for ourselves.

CH just means the size of he process, and 5 jus means 5ns... so when Twinmos sells 50D UTT chips they ARE CH5.

Mobile 3400+ CG 0437XDPW
    DFI LanParty UT
    2x512MB OCZ VX
    BBATI 9800np w/Infineon

Xtreme Addict
    CH is just a revision code. There is also AH, BH, DH, GH. What they mean is a mystery to me.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    CH is just a revision code. There is also AH, BH, DH, GH. What they mean is a mystery to me.
    you said it right there dude.

to be honest I have not heard of DH or GH but maybe they exist.

CH means 130nm process... CH6 & CH5 are the same process, same chips, from the same machines, possibly same date, same size, same mah and pah.
    That's why Alonso said they were CH5 (in first post), because they are based on the same process... all be it improved by the looks

Mobile 3400+ CG 0437XDPW
    DFI LanParty UT
    2x512MB OCZ VX
    BBATI 9800np w/Infineon

Fused
    What are you talking about, TwinMOS is foolish.

Not all BH-5 is good BH-5. In fact, there is still a lot of BH-5 chips out there on the market. However, most of the "overclocking" weeks have already been bought up, and the remaining chips are the kind that people get and whine "buhuhuhoo my BH-5 doesn't go over 220MHz halp meh!", and then wonder why. Of course it's a combination of things - sh1tty PCB, bad week, lack of any binning out of bad chips... cheap materials. And TwinMOS fits into all of those categories AFAIK. Don't know about now, but the old TwinMOS BH-5 was nothing to write home about.
    you deserve a in the face

Xtreme Member
    so are these BH-5's new chips or old stock?

and, not that I expect this one answered (not yet anyway) but, how do I tell them apart from the rest
    Halt On : No Errors

My cup is half full, yours is emtpy... now THAT's optimism

horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae: A64 FX OC record on Dry Ice by Jort, kristos, troid, C_X and "Moortgat"

Originally posted by lazyman
    You are in trouble only if you admit it. Intel is never in trouble.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    are these like the same bh5??? or is it an improoved revision that would do 300mhz 2-2-2-11 @ 3.3v

p.d. hope they are a new revision like i say
    Last edited by metro_oc.cl; 01-24-2005 at 10:00 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso

BUT:

today i have been talking to our technical engineers and also took a close look on the price list and what did i see?

Speed Premium DDR450 with BH-5

Hope to get some samples asap to tell ya the results

Need more info on this please.

And for those saying BH5 RAM isn't all that great........I'm typing along with BH5 @ 227 X 11.5 and tight timings 2-2-2-7-10-13........and 2.9vdimm

I'll grant that I'm not making use of Winbond sticks, but they sure are Winbond chips. Mine are Mushkin Lvl II black PC3500 sticks. They'll do 238 at the above timings with 3.3vdimm. I've 6 other sticks here, and the least of them does 227 dual channel at tight timings.

I've used Kingston, OCZ & Mushkin.....all have good stuff & so did Winbond.

I can't hardly wait for the NF4 from DFI with it's 4 volt vdimm ......I"m going to build a A64 and put in a gig and a half of my BH5 Mushkin at tight timings. She'll fly......

But if Winbond really is about to release DDR450 BH5 sticks I'll be buying a gig or more for sure. If rated for 450 they'll do even better with some juice to them...... I'd love to have a gig @ DDR500 & tight timings. And I also hope they sell the sticks with the chips bare just as they did before.

Best news I've read in a good while regarding RAM!

XSDCMF
    slightly OT...but

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso
    UTT
    I have seen these three letters a lot in the last 2 weeks, and obviously I know it relates to RAM, or some form of it. But that's all I know.
    Somebody clue me in, please.
    Been bugging the crap out of me, every time I see it.

Scott
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

Xtreme Addict
    we think it means UnTesTed
    they just pumping out chips and selling them striaght away, to vendors who like ocz test them and slap a hefty price tag on
    or twinmos who let us test them
    Quote Originally Posted by bh2k
    sorry m, OI'm a bit drunkz!
    Air benches with 3000+, DFI nf3 and 6800GT 2001SE: 26312 3d03: 13028

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by reject
    we think it means UnTesTed
    they just pumping out chips and selling them striaght away, to vendors who like ocz test them and slap a hefty price tag on
    or twinmos who let us test them
    that just made my crappy day so far

Xtreme Mentor
    I thought they didn't have a real name so people made up something untill we saw the unrebadged version. The UTT stood for ultra tight timings. Guess I was wrong.
    For those of you about to post:

X. I. P.
    Bringing up Buffalo sticks, anyone with NF3/NF4 have a pair to test in an A64 environment. The Buffalo I bought ran great in my kd7-e (220+ FSB @ 3.1v) and my DFI infinity (254-255 @ 3.3v) with tight timings, so I wonder if 260-280 isn't possible with Buffalo on an A64 rig. I'd do it if anyone wants to "loan" a 64 rig and processor
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tictac
    you deserve a in the face
    Trust me, you don't want me to move to personal insults. Cause then you'll be wearing three boots, two on your feet and one *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_NZ
    you said it right there dude.

to be honest I have not heard of DH or GH but maybe they exist.

CH means 130nm process... CH6 & CH5 are the same process, same chips, from the same machines, possibly same date, same size, same mah and pah.
    That's why Alonso said they were CH5 (in first post), because they are based on the same process... all be it improved by the looks
    Clearly, that's not the case, as BH-6 is 166nm gate length (or as you like to call it, "process") and BH-5 is 150nm. BH-4 was supposed to be 130nm.

// edited for flaming.
    Last edited by Jupiler; 01-25-2005 at 11:24 AM.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hahahaha, mercy! I think your not sure who your talking to lol

Tyler Durden
    Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY
    Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

lol, thats awesome! Mind if i sig it?

X. I. P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super strokey
    lol, thats awesome! Mind if i sig it?
    Here's the pic it came from
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arguing.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	23225  
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast