Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got me some 2700's the last couple days !!

OPP

There is no stable anything going on right now. I've tried but hardware failure will not allow me to clock period at any speed or voltage as far as Prime is concerned. I fail Prime now at stock speeds whereas I started burning in at 1.65 at 2400Mhz, I now cannot run stable at 2.0v at 2400Mhz and pass Prime. This is a severe problem that will be rectified soon even if I have to sell stuff and buy new hardware. As you know its luck of the draw and I have no luck , except with this gem of a 2700 chip I have and cannot bench.

Randi

Xtreme Member
    send it to me MrIcee, I'll look after it for you have a nice A7N8X it can live in with Prommie cooling
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    My OCHW ReviewsPrometeia Cooled XP2700+ @ 13x211mhz 2.75Ghz Epox 8RDA+ 2x3500xms Corsair Cas2

Originally posted by Galifrey
    hehe I wondered if anyone else had spotted that the p4 metal bracket was just an AMD socket clip...

Seems to explain why on a P4 the socket never quite matches the chip...
    On the very first models you are right, it was like this (the Clips were identical) however after the modification forced by the ABIT TH7-II it is no longer so.

The version now in production over the last 3 months or so, will cope with any SMD components up to 2.5mm in the "Nono" area around the P4, and this is why it is a different and smaller Clips.

Steen, Chip-con ( <--- just in case, you know ! )

Xtreme Addict
    regarding the bracket/clip swapping ive opted to purchase the AMD parts so i can make the 2 intel/amd systems swappable just by removing head and mobo tray i will just have different hdd for each system config ......... very sorry to hear about the faliures randi although you havent said what has failed .hope you get back to your impressive best soon .

Xtreme Member
    yeah i decided the same...

AMD kit ordered, then I can tinker with both MAD and Intel... eek gotta love that typo...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    My OCHW ReviewsPrometeia Cooled XP2700+ @ 13x211mhz 2.75Ghz Epox 8RDA+ 2x3500xms Corsair Cas2

Xtreme Member
    MrIcee !!

What happene to the cool XP-2700's you got ? I am really intrested for your results when you get em!

/Damir

Xtreme Member
    Nice work guys love to see AMD's fly!!

Keep at it OPP, I have the same stepping 2600 on Air and have a 202.8 FSB with the new KD7 Raid Bios, so I know you can squeeze a tad more FSB Do us proud man!!

Burn up the phone lines Mr.Icee, tell them to get that stuff in here, we need more speed!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hi Randi!

I've never seen temps like that from an internal diode before on the Prommy or any other phaser. I've seen -12 and +2 under load but NEVER -41. How is that possible? How come the CPU hasn't dropped it's cache like before?

Xtreme Addict
    As you know its luck of the draw and I have no luck , except with this gem of a 2700 chip I have and cannot bench.
    You could send me that chip and we'll see what it does on air!
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we are taken for the dust we are and to the dust we shall return
    Heat

@MrIcee & OPPAINTER
    Great job you 2 are doing! Glad to be here!

Just my 2 cents:
    With my 8rda+ you don't need a 14 multiplier anymore, as with the new Beta-Bios, i could crank up the board to 250MHz FSB!!! (but my RAM won't do that ) I will lose Soundstorm and Firewire, as the BIOS is only intended for the 8RDA without +, but who cares, when I can get such insane speeds!

Originally posted by sysfailur
    I'd show MBM5 w/ it but it doesn't work w/ nf2. :P
    That's not entirely true that way. My 8rda+ implements a WinBond monitoring chip, which MBM CAN read without problems. I don't know what kind of monitoring your A7N8X uses, but it's not the fault of nForce2, that MBM can't read your voltages/temps.

Xtreme Member
    MrIcee and OPPAINTER, what core and mem voltages were you running for those benches?
    NEW: ASUS GTX670 and extra 6GB Mushkin 998805

i7-930 @ 4.2 | ASUS Rampage III Extreme 1005BIOS | Noctua NH-D14 | 12GB Mushkin 998805 6-8-6-24 | ASUS GTX670 | Dell 2407WFP | SB X-Fi Fatality | Corsair SP2500's | Samsung SH-S183L | Silverstone OP1000 | Coolermaster HAF-X | Rock Solid 2+ Years!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by MrIcee
    OPP

There is no stable anything going on right now. I've tried but hardware failure will not allow me to clock period at any speed or voltage as far as Prime is concerned. I fail Prime now at stock speeds whereas I started burning in at 1.65 at 2400Mhz, I now cannot run stable at 2.0v at 2400Mhz and pass Prime. This is a severe problem that will be rectified soon even if I have to sell stuff and buy new hardware. As you know its luck of the draw and I have no luck , except with this gem of a 2700 chip I have and cannot bench.

Randi
    if you could not find an slk-800 localy you can get one from
    http://www.heatsinkstore.com $30 is the going price i guess

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123