Thread: P5P800 / P5GD1 - AGP / PCI-e

Xtreme Member

Question P5P800 / P5GD1 - AGP / PCI-e

right as the title guys, i jus need a lil rig 2 get my by for a couple months untill the new dothan mobos are out (which will be usin PCI-e ), soooo.... i need sum help choosin between the 2, judge on these basis that i need the better board for overclockin a 3.6 LGA CPU. and im not sure weather i should jus stick with AGP for now or go PCi-e............ hmmmmm help me out guys

Xtreme Member
    If you've got a very good AGP-card and good DDR-memory, maybe you could keep it and go for the P5P800...

By the time the great dothan OC rigs will be mature and available, better PCIe graphic cards and better memory will also be available...

I just upgraded to P5AD2/i560/Corsair XMS2/X800XT -combi and it's taking me some time to get the OC done right (although it's a very good stock-performer).

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneyedK
    If you've got a very good AGP-card and good DDR-memory, maybe you could keep it and go for the P5P800...

By the time the great dothan OC rigs will be mature and available, better PCIe graphic cards and better memory will also be available...

I just upgraded to P5AD2/i560/Corsair XMS2/X800XT -combi and it's taking me some time to get the OC done right (although it's a very good stock-performer).

well ive got a pair of 2x512mb twinmoss UTT that done 260fsb 2-2-2-5 on my amd64 setup. and i actually atm have no agp card. so if agp im thinkin of a 6600GT 2 get me by..... and wen i do get a dothan probably a x850xt pe

XS Intel News & DČOL enhanced
    nice ram you got there... 260 at what volts? hmm the 6600gt is a nice card.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enzoR
    nice ram you got there... 260 at what volts? hmm the 6600gt is a nice card.
    260 was at 3.5v (only super pi 1m stable).... more volts made it unstable in memtest.