Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Custom phase change controller "Golden Froster"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by raju
    ssilencer can you send me that file for the latest software??

regards
    Raja
    This version is for the XE 2.0 and the X3, I will ask Golden when will be released the new control pannel for the XE 1.6.

Regards

Xtreme Addict
    I have a XE 1.6 and no com port or serial for the abit in9 mobo

how can i hook up the unit to my computer???

Thanks, Bill
    ________
    Yamaha yzf-r6
    Last edited by billdavis; 03-08-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    IIRC: usb adapter works just fine
    Last edited by Duh; 02-19-2007 at 12:10 PM.
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billdavis
    I have a XE 1.6 and no com port or serial for the abit in9 mobo

how can i hook up the unit to my computer???

Thanks, Bill
    I think you have only one option, you need to buy PCI COM port card which cost about 10 - 15$.

regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil
    I think you have only one option, you need to buy PCI COM port card which cost about 10 - 15$.

regards
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-RS232-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm going to order one of these, to test and see if it works ok.

You'd still need to make an adapter, or to manually rewire the plug fitting to the usb lead supplied.

I've been thinking about them for a while, as they seem ideal.

Could Golden comment on them, if they would work for those wanting a cheap usb solution?

Cheers

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just got my cascade and Xe controller in the mail today! Thanks Ssilencer, love the chrome caseing around the cascade controller I'll hook up the Xe today and let you know if she's working this time around lol Thanks
    Extreme Phase Builder/User

SLI Cascade in the works.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneil
    Just got my cascade and Xe controller in the mail today! Thanks Ssilencer, love the chrome caseing around the cascade controller I'll hook up the Xe today and let you know if she's working this time around lol Thanks
    Yay!

I've been checking out your thread over there, and your cascade looks very good Sneil.

I've got a cascade controller coming too, and I can't wait to set it up.

Really good to see they're getting sent out now let us all know how it works for you

Cheers

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks Grey, I'll start a thread here too once she's finished. I decided to keep the build an eocf exclusive seeing as you guys always got enough going on here

I'll be sure to post in here how the controller works out once i get it installed in the cascade. Thanks again Ssilencer and Golden!

Neil

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole

You'd still need to make an adapter, or to manually rewire the plug fitting to the usb lead supplied.

Could Golden comment on them, if they would work for those wanting a cheap usb solution?

Cheers

Gray
    i bought this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=307810

it dosent work here!!
    ________
    Marijuana Medical
    Last edited by billdavis; 03-08-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey Ssilencer clean out your pm box so I can send you a message!

Xtreme Addict
    Inbox clean now
    Thanks Sneil! I'm happy you liked it, I know it is really a basic box, but I did it with all my love
    Golden told me that serial to USB adapters will work fine with the new XE 2.0 and X3 or cascade cause the way they communicates to the computer, he is also always willing to advice in any usb to serial that can be compatible with the xe 1.6 and value controllers, no problem.

HVAC/R Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssilencer
    This version is for the XE 2.0 and the X3, I will ask Golden when will be released the new control pannel for the XE 1.6.

Regards
    I Just got a controller from RunMC I need software and a gide for it>??
    Also I need shipping info I got 18 controllers to ship back for repair... I tried everything I can do to get them to work properly, I still get the scrambled displays... Maybe a ground plane n the board??? Email me as soon as you can I need 14 controllers for outstanding orders...

-100c Club Member
    I can send you guide and software, just give me your email adress?

regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

HVAC/R Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil
    I can send you guide and software, just give me your email adress?

regards
    chilly1@xtremesystems.org

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly1
    I Just got a controller from RunMC I need software and a gide for it>??
    Also I need shipping info I got 18 controllers to ship back for repair... I tried everything I can do to get them to work properly, I still get the scrambled displays... Maybe a ground plane n the board??? Email me as soon as you can I need 14 controllers for outstanding orders...
    I think we got an aggreement over a month ago about this.
    Send me a msg by msn if you want shipping info etc.

Originally Posted by Gray Mole

Cheers

Gray
    Golden told me this adapter will work.

http://www.byterunner.com/cgi-bin/ca...t_name=USB-COM

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssilencer
    Inbox clean now
    Thanks Sneil! I'm happy you liked it, I know it is really a basic box, but I did it with all my love
    Golden told me that serial to USB adapters will work fine with the new XE 2.0 and X3 or cascade cause the way they communicates to the computer, he is also always willing to advice in any usb to serial that can be compatible with the xe 1.6 and value controllers, no problem.
    Golden told me that serial to USB adapters will work fine with the new XE 2.0 and X3 or cascade cause the way they communicates to the computer

so the cascade controllers do talk to the pc?
    Can we have an update on the exact specs of the cascade controller
    Do they start the PC AND shut it down like with the other controllers?

Xtreme Addict
    During my Chilly1 SS overhaul I decided that I want to use my SS as a bench unit. I have the G-Froster Value(probably one of the original ones) and I was wondering if there was a feasible way to use it without hooking it up the the motherboard. I want a stand alone unit that I control and run but I like the temperature readout and I don't want to gimp it if I decide to go back to the original state.

I was looking at my board trying to think of a way to do it. Some pics quick:

I have installed a typical Lian Li power switch in the front of my SS case and have it connected to the power switch connector on the G-Froster.

I figured that the only thing I'd really need to do it get 5V to the 5V monitor to trick it into thinking the computer is running. So I was thinking some kind of voltage regulator tapping off one of the power sources inside already.

Now to get it to shut off I would need to break contact in that 5V line somehow I think. Maybe install a little reset type switch in there.

Any thought on how I should execute this? I appreciate your input.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua
    During my Chilly1 SS overhaul I decided that I want to use my SS as a bench unit. I have the G-Froster Value(probably one of the original ones) and I was wondering if there was a feasible way to use it without hooking it up the the motherboard. I want a stand alone unit that I control and run but I like the temperature readout and I don't want to gimp it if I decide to go back to the original state.

I was looking at my board trying to think of a way to do it. Some pics quick:

I have installed a typical Lian Li power switch in the front of my SS case and have it connected to the power switch connector on the G-Froster.

I figured that the only thing I'd really need to do it get 5V to the 5V monitor to trick it into thinking the computer is running. So I was thinking some kind of voltage regulator tapping off one of the power sources inside already.

Now to get it to shut off I would need to break contact in that 5V line somehow I think. Maybe install a little reset type switch in there.

Any thought on how I should execute this? I appreciate your input.
    You are right, you have to cheat the controller so it will think that it got 5v from your computer, you can use a battery and a little switch to do this.

@Kayl, we don't have to update the cascade info, cascade controller controls the cascade unit, not the pc, a cascade is not meant to be running 24/7, but it has link to the pc so you can update the software, as I'd posted, there will be extra modules for even more fucntions on the cascade and on the X3, they have a daughter board expansion port.
    But I don't know when or if it will be the first expansion daughter board we will release.

-100C Club Member
    k, be nice if the cascade controller worked the same way as the other controllers did though.
    DO any other ppl need cascade controllers with these functions, just i need a controller like these and maybe one or two others as well can get this started.

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for that Mariano

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing my controllers come now too, it'll be like Xmas all over again

I've now ordered one since you've confirmed what I suspected and as soon as I get it tested I'll post here that it works. Basically it would mean USB support for your controllers in a very inexpensive way and I'm all for that!

Kayl, I'm not sure why you'd want to have pc control as part of a cascade, I mean generally when you're running a cascade it's best to be able to boot and shut down as you want isn't it?

A 24/7 cascade wouldn't be that impossible to make but I still would never want to leave one running unattended on my system, for a wide variety of reasons.

Custom firmware may be able to add that to the cascades, or a daughter board, but I'd rather get mine sooner rather than later and both of those options do take time.

'could' be handy, but I wouldn't want to have all of the safeties in there as well because those who don't want an integral cooling solution from a cascade would still have to 'trick' the controller with 5v and all that, too much of a pain really.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for that Mariano

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing my controllers come now too, it'll be like Xmas all over again

I've now ordered one since you've confirmed what I suspected and as soon as I get it tested I'll post here that it works. Basically it would mean USB support for your controllers in a very inexpensive way and I'm all for that!

Kayl, I'm not sure why you'd want to have pc control as part of a cascade, I mean generally when you're running a cascade it's best to be able to boot and shut down as you want isn't it?

A 24/7 cascade wouldn't be that impossible to make but I still would never want to leave one running unattended on my system, for a wide variety of reasons.

Custom firmware may be able to add that to the cascades, or a daughter board, but I'd rather get mine sooner rather than later and both of those options do take time.

'could' be handy, but I wouldn't want to have all of the safeties in there as well because those who don't want an integral cooling solution from a cascade would still have to 'trick' the controller with 5v and all that, too much of a pain really.

Gray
    It is not just a matter of firmware, but also software and hardware, so I think an expansion daughter board is the best way to go, to avoid adding more costs to the 95% of the people that don't need pc control on a cascade.

-100C Club Member
    Thanks for that Mariano

Gray
    HPCO will do the safety features. All i need is the same basic software thats used in all the other gfrosters models, nothing that special.
    I need the cascade controller to start the second stage at X temp, the boot the PC at X temps and shut it down if it reaches X temp. Then in windows have the gfroster software to be able to read out the CPU evaporator temp (like with current gfroster software) . The temp readout in windows is great for benching and doing screen dumps. Pll with cascades posting bench sessions would like to show off their temps when displaying their OC and score at the same time.

Most ppl i know like to press the pc start button and it runs the lot. Oil sep with a float and there isnt much else i need to monitor electronically.

thanxs sscilencer i look forward to this add on daughter board so i can finish my next cascade. Any other cascade builders out their with some suggestions or point of views?
    Last edited by kayl; 03-05-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I want to make one thing clear to everyone waiting on cascade controllers:

In February 2006 myself and 3 other people ordered 6 Cascade gfrosters.

These are the XS users:

Thickbritt x 2
    Gray Mole x 1
    Ratax x 1
    Johann x 2

Some money was sent to me and then transferred to Ssilencer, some was sent directly to Ssilencer.

All 6 controllers are FULLY paid to Ssilencer.
    Last edited by johann; 03-20-2007 at 03:45 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by johann View Post
    I want to make one thing clear to everyone waiting on cascade controllers:

In February 2006 myself and 3 other people ordered 6 Cascade gfrosters.

These are the XS users:

Thickbritt x 2
    Gray Mole x 1
    Ratax x 1
    Johann x 2

Some money was sent to me and then transferred to Ssilencer, some was sent directly to Ssilencer.

All 6 controllers are FULLY paid to Ssilencer.
    Right, only thing I have to get from you is the shipping money, as I told you last year to keep it there until I have the controllers ready.

Gray mole cascades (2) and Ratax cascade are leaving tomorrow, will be in uk next week.
    Thickbrit and Johann cascades (I always thought they was for boardy) will be heading UK next week.

Gray mole was kind enough to collect them there.

Xtreme Addict
    New control pannel and firm update available for the X3 and XE 2.0 controllers

*Updated look of the control panel.

*Added custom text in screen routines:
    1_You now have 5 different custom text screens to show whatever you want on them.
    2_Every screen has its own delay setting, letting you show each of them for different periods on screen.
    3_You can mix with your custom text any of the 3/5 (XE 2.0/X3) temps the controller shows.
    4_You can choose to individually enable/disable any of the 5 custom text screens at anytime.

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST CONTROL PANNEL AND FIRM FROM HERE

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast