Thread: My new setup...

Xtreme Member

Talking My new setup...

Well, I was going to waterchill this whole thing, but decided to go with regular water-cooling, just so I dont void my warranty with having to insulate... Heres the hardware:

Dangerden TDX with Lucite Top... 1/2" OD Barbs
    Via Aqua 1300 Pump... 370GPH, 6 Feet of lift... Quiet...
    Cant decide between Reservoir or T-Line ( probably T-Line )...
    120mm Heatercore...

Sound good... Its a budget system, but should work alright... I might be running this through a mini-fridge, not sure... Hopefully it wont cool enough to require anti-condensation...

Can anyone provide me with what water additives I should mix into my system... I would like it to be something like this, "2/4 cup of water-wetter, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of dye" blah, blah, blah... Ya know? Thanks, lol...
    I am going to be putting UV Dye in it, so incorparate that into the midst of it all...

Thanks a bunch guys... I hope to get the parts sometime this week, look forward to another post... Later

<AFireInside> rushfan and San combine forces to join rushSan!

g0 Suck A Tree: queensryche
    g0 Suck A Tree: =
    g0 Suck A Tree: greatest band ever

just bacon
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryProudOfYa
    Well, I was going to waterchill this whole thing, but decided to go with regular water-cooling, just so I dont void my warranty with having to insulate... Heres the hardware:

Dangerden TDX with Lucite Top... 1/2" OD Barbs
    Via Aqua 1300 Pump... 370GPH, 6 Feet of lift... Quiet...
    Cant decide between Reservoir or T-Line ( probably T-Line )...
    120mm Heatercore...

Sound good... Its a budget system, but should work alright... I might be running this through a mini-fridge, not sure... Hopefully it wont cool enough to require anti-condensation...

Can anyone provide me with what water additives I should mix into my system... I would like it to be something like this, "2/4 cup of water-wetter, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of dye" blah, blah, blah... Ya know? Thanks, lol...
    I am going to be putting UV Dye in it, so incorparate that into the midst of it all...

Thanks a bunch guys... I hope to get the parts sometime this week, look forward to another post... Later
    if you use a mini fridge it will die in no time, they ar deisnged to take somthing as room temp to say 5C or so, if its a contant heat output it will soon fail under the stress
    Even a household freezer would fail in the same way
    If i have to read one more "watercooling ram" thread im guna bring the damm roof down

PC in a fridge idea comes a close second
    Mail me gmail

Xtreme Member
    Yea... I just wanna see what happens... My chip only runs at 28C Idle now... Thats overclocked to 2.0Ghz 200@10 multi.

So I dont know, we will wait and see...

Can anyone else telll me what mixtures I should use...?

zerex.. 10% mixture.. you should be able to get it at autozone.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks, what about UV Dye... Just mix 10% Zerex and 90% water, and then put a drop of UV Dye?

not sure on the dye.. put a drop in and see how much it glows.. keep adding till u get the desired effect i suppose..

Xtreme Member
    Yea... Damn, I am really sad that I cannot do a chiller... I want some subzero temps... Do you know of any other cooling methods, to chill the water down without having to insulate my motherboard, cause I dont feel like voiding my warranty, ya know?

I heard of people putting ice-cubes in their reservoirs, any good? lol... It sounds ghetto... And Im sure it wont keep it chilled for long, because ice melts, ya know? But still... anything else to try? Im sure I can come up with an idea...

Also... What kinda radiator should I be looking at...? And would two radiators cool better...? My pump has a 370GPH flow rate... so it should accomodate two radiators... Would this be something to look into?

Thanks for all the help guys, later...

Xtreme Member
    Also, would I be better off gettin a White-Water block instead of a TDX...? I have money for whatever, so bring out the expensive if you need to... lol...

well that pmp may have alot of flow but its head pressure leaves something to be desired.

Ice cubes wont work for more than 5 minutes and they dont do anything anyway unless you have a pound of ice.. lol..

as for the rad go for a heatercore.. you can get them at danger den, vouyermods or most preferably from our very own weapon.. weapon custom mods them with high flow fittings and leak tests them as well as cleaning them out to improve peformance and flow rates...

white water wouldnt get u anythign as long as you have good flow and use the #4 of #5 inserts with the TDX

Xtreme Member
    Okay... So will that pump do anything.... lol... Its just my CPU that is gettin cooled...
    And you said the white-water is crap...?

And I need the #4 or #5 head with the TDX...?

Also, I am attaching a Paint picture of what I want to do, heatercore wise... Okay?

Here is the Bitmap of my dual heatercore setup... Do you think it will work?

http://bb.domaindlx.com/tbsg/Bitmap.bmp

Xtreme Member
    Hope that helped you understand where I might go with dual heatercores... Im heading off to bed, see yall in the morning...

oh just the cpu.. then just use one dual 120mm heatercore. having to rads for just the cpu is kinda pointless...

As for the pump, it will be fine for just the cpu..

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...&cat=40&page=1

that is the thing for the tdx.. its the #4 and #5 plates in there.

i didnt say the whiteater is garbage, just that it wont gain you anything more than the TDX. you will get the same temps pretty much.. and its annoying to setup.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah... I know about the Accelerator Nozzle Set... And one dual 120mm heatercore... Can I buy these things at like advance autoparts, or someplace like that...? And just tap and thread a hole for the barbs? Also, will it work to just wire-tie fans to it? I dont mind goin a bit ghetto on this project... Also, where am I supposed to hide this enourmous dual 120mm Heatercore...? On top of the case? Thanks for all the support, you guys rock... Cheers... :-D... Anyways, get back to me, I gonna grab some sleep... Peace out...

yah u can get it at autozone or any other autoparts store...

zipties work good for tying it down...

for mounting do u have a pic of ur case? The top of the case is a good place...

and dont forget the shroud.. contact weaopon for that..

and remember the heatercore is a 2-302.. bonneville with AC. thats the one that will fit weapons shrouds.

Xtreme Member
    Gotcha... Thanks a lot, I already have a perfect place to mount it, thanks for all the help guys... Later, I will contact weapon for a shroud... Peace :-D