Thread: Water cooling loop in CM stacker problem.

Banned

Water cooling loop in CM stacker problem.I need help again

I haveing a problem mounting a dual heator core with a shroud to the front. I cant figure out how to Mount 2 120xmm fans in front.
    Then the heator core keeps falling down, I know this sound silly but how do you make it stay upright?
    Also With the radiator there, I cant figure out how to wire all 4 fans, There must be some kind of connectiong so you can use group fans together into one molex?

>merry christmas
    Last edited by willfreund; 12-25-2004 at 04:59 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The Vantec Nexus Fan Controller comes with some extender cables you could use. You can also probably buy them from frozencpu.com
    DFI LP LT X38-T2R
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC8500
    eVGA 9800 GX2
    WD Raptor X 150GB
    PCP&P 750W Silencer
    CM Stacker 830 SE

Xtreme Member
    you have the fans/shroud/radiator attached with threaded rods or something similar no?
    930 @ 4.4 & P5WD2 (vcore + droop, mch vdd, ddr2 vdd)
    4x512 Micron D9
    7800gtx 600/1470 (vgpu + vdd)
    h20
    my heat

Banned
    If your calling long screws threaded rods then yes i have them.
    I dont want fan controllers, , just something to modulate all the fans into one.
    On the forum post with the thermochill 120.3 in stacker what he did was put a blue thing on it and then have one molex for 3 fans
    I personaly have sodered fans in parrellel before, but they come undone, so im looking for a type of cable that does

willfreund, you will have to cut off all of the contectors to the fans and then strip the wires and twist the blacks all into one end, and twist all of the reds into one end. then take your solding iron and tin both of them. then you can solder one of the connectors back on and it will power all 4 of the fans from one connector. I do it all the time with my setups and with others i work on. Its also a good idea to use some heatshrink around the solder joint as it will short out if it touches anything.

and for the rad, just mount it down with some bolts or zip ties.. thats all u need.

Banned
    Heat shrink, thats what im missing, my ends just fall apart wit tapes, its to bad theres not just a simple connect like panaflos

well you have to solder them together first... the heatshrink is just to cover it up.. if you like i can take a pick of what im talking about.. actually i have one..