Thread: jnr4817's New Watercooling System

jnr4817's New Watercooling System

To keep things in their place I decided to make a thread for you about your watercooling setup.

Anyway, you said you have unlimited money on this so here goes..

Pump: Iwaki RD-30 with 24volt meanwell power supply
    Radiator: Dual heatercores, 2-302's custom made by weapon with his custom shrouds
    Tubing: Tygon R3606 (i think that is the number)
    GPU: Silverprop fusion HL
    CPU: Now this is based on availability... best is at hte top of the list but not neccsarily available.
    1.Storm G5
    2. Storm G4
    3. Danger Den RBX

Out of those 3 the RBX is the only one that is readily avaialable on the open market. The other two (the storm blocks) are created by one of our forum members cathar and they are in short supply and have a long waiting list.. I would suspect it would be before april before you could get a G5.

You will also need a resivour. You can get one of those at danger den or frozencpu. either way ur in good shape for that.

Other things ull need include zerex racing cooling (get it at danger den) and hose clamps. The hose clamps get from wherever u like best. lol..

If you got any more q's just ask. Im guessing you'll want to know where to get all this s tuff and how much it will cost.. I will make a new post for that if you are finalized on what u want.

Xtreme Member
    okay we are done:
    jnr come back when u have the setup and tell us your results

btw: hosing 3603 is right
    got some on my desk

A new block which you could buy:
    Dtek Whitewater (better then rbx?)

Other blocks which u might find 2nd hand:
    Cathar's Cascade
    Little River Whitewater
    Last edited by Vandread; 12-25-2004 at 04:05 AM.
    Dutch Specs
    The "budget" rig (had to go eco to buy a ridiculas expensive case so the rest is 2nd hand )
    E6600 // ebayd 2x1gb pc4200 D9DQW halfway on the board tricked // Asus P5B dlx // EVGA 8800GT 512MB SC// Silverstone Temjin TJ07S // Tagan TG480 // WD740GD // 2x Samsung 500Gb T166

Xtreme Gamer
    i dont quite get the point of this thread ...your trying to build a WC setup for someone? or yourself?
    Intel i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz 24/7
    Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
    Asus Radeon HD 6990
    Corsair Dominator GT 6GB
    Corsair AX1200, 600T
    Intel X25-M 160GB
    Dell U3011 30" Monitor

Xtreme Member
    its just a thread for "jnr4817" watercooling hardware

jnr was asking about an ew setup in my pumps sticky and I didnt want it to get cluttered with non pump stuff so i brought it over here...

RBX with any nozzle will outperform the WW. Especilally with the #4 or #5 nozzle

Xtreme Member
    Doesnt seem like it on pro-cooling
    but nozzle nr 5 might do the trick
    Dutch Specs
    The "budget" rig (had to go eco to buy a ridiculas expensive case so the rest is 2nd hand )
    E6600 // ebayd 2x1gb pc4200 D9DQW halfway on the board tricked // Asus P5B dlx // EVGA 8800GT 512MB SC// Silverstone Temjin TJ07S // Tagan TG480 // WD740GD // 2x Samsung 500Gb T166

yah it will... i get my info for blocks from pro cooling...

ok, cool. the only thing i was wondering about is i really dont wannna stray from 12v psu due to the fact that i have a 600w x-connect and its pretty.

so what pumps can i use now or if i can regulate the voltage in any way.

Tyler Durden
    Get the Iwaki MD20 RZT from Custom Aquatic...I got mine in 3 days from when I ordered lol when they said it would take 2 weeks. Best pump you can get next to the RD series.

jnr, well the only pumps that you can get are the mcp600 mcp650 and the DDC. Those are the only 3 that i know of that work on 12volt. out of the 3 i suggest getting the mcp600. Its not called the aquaextreme 50Z at cooltechnica.

But you said that you have alot of money, so i suggest getting two of them and running them in series. That will give you near iwaki performance and you can still run it off of the 12volt line..

you can get the pumps at www.cooltechnica.com

if i did get the iwaki, what would i have to do to run it off my psu or whatever.

also where would i get all the parts listed.

Pump: Iwaki RD-30 with 24volt meanwell power supply
    Radiator: Dual heatercores, 2-302's custom made by weapon with his custom shrouds
    Tubing: Tygon R3606 (i think that is the number)
    GPU: Silverprop fusion HL
    CPU: Now this is based on availability... best is at hte top of the list but not neccsarily available.
    1.Storm G5
    2. Storm G4
    3. Danger Den RBX

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You'd be a little hard pressed to find an RD-30, but I believe MaxxxRacer should know one vendor. They are expensive though... something like $250?

You can get the heatercores from Auto Zone, Advanced Discount Auto parts, NAPA, etc. Weapon (a member of the forum) also custom makes shrouds for this heatercore, as well as mods this heatercore for easy use (installation of 1/2" OD barbs).

Tygon you can get from DangerDen, usplastics.com and a number of other e-vendors that sell watercooling parts.

Silverprop blocks are sold at a limited number of vendors: PC Case Gear, Best PC Mods, Frozenmods and Criticool.

The Storm G5/G4 blocks are sold by Cathar (another member of the forum) and have a very limited availability. They range from $100-$200 USD (sold from Austalia).

The RBX is obviously available at Danger Den.

Google will help you locate all of these parts.
    DFI LP LT X38-T2R
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC8500
    eVGA 9800 GX2
    WD Raptor X 150GB
    PCP&P 750W Silencer
    CM Stacker 830 SE

q about pump od's. what is the od of the pumps them selves and what do i have to do to adapt it. i am guessing 1/2" is the standard for best flow.

i am guessing the 2-203 radiator is the best rad for the money and cooling, and it fits 2-120mm fans. what is the exact name for the 2-302, what kind of car. is anything better.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    2-302 is a '77 Pontiac Bonneville w/ AC
    DFI LP LT X38-T2R
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC8500
    eVGA 9800 GX2
    WD Raptor X 150GB
    PCP&P 750W Silencer
    CM Stacker 830 SE

thanks for the help torin.. Ive been off killing my A64 cpu the past few days...

there is no way to get the rd30 to run correctly from your psu... it doesnt give it enough voltage.. running it at 12volts would defeat the purpose of getting the pump.

here is a place that you can get it http://www.ryanhercoproducts.com/Au...SEC=640&GRP=400 price is not listed but its 250 bucks.

as for the rad, just contact weapon.. he makes custom modded 2-302's. get the shroud and fans at the same time from him..