Thread: Reserator 3/8'' Setup, Advice needed

Banned

Thumbs down Reserator 3/8'' Setup,Scrap metal

Haha im just going for a custom job, i guess i just need to ask a few people and reverse engineer liquid cooling case pictures to get the hang of it.
    I bet this Reserator has good aluminum value for the metal shops
    Last edited by willfreund; 12-23-2004 at 11:53 PM. Reason: need to

Using the existing tubing from the reserator you can most certianly upgrade it.

As the l25 is a low flop low head pump i would suggest going with the mcw6000. IT performs better than nearly any block in low to medium flow situations.

As for the reserator. You need to put some zerex racing coolant or water wetter. Zerex is prefered. If you dont with a copper block, it will cause corrosion. Very Very bad corrosion.

Banned
    I dont think my core of the reservoir/radiator gets hot enough for water wetter, Wouldnt it just cause surface tension, and do nothin but stain the reserator?

Xtreme Mentor
    You are correct, WW does very little at the temps used for typical PC cooling. Also I don't think I would want to risk plugging up my $200+ dollar reserator with WW scummy white buildup, used in the proper amounts it most likely wouldn't be an issue, but IMO why risk it when you can just use Zerex or another anti-freeze

Banned
    Ah i was thinking zerex was something like water wetter, same thing differnent name.thanks karnivore. Now i wonder if i can get someone with experience with the new mazes.I hear they have even better low flow charateristics now
    I have been leaning to the Swifteck , It seems to be the best for low flow,And has been tested.
    Any one every try a high volume pump in a reserator give me a post.The problem is anything over a l35/eheim 1048 size wont fit,And alot are not dc or inline models.
    Just tryig to bring up things for you to post at.Do I need to clamp anything if I have a bunch of plastic circular things that twist on to tighten the ring?, or do i just use zipties because they wont fit on a 1/2'' barb,or connect not sure what they use

my post was advocating zerex, but if u had to, to use WW. Zerex is a racing coolant that prevents all types of corrosion and supposedly helps temps. Im not sure if it really does help temps, but it does an excelent job of reducing water tension and keeping corrosion away.

the swifty will perform leaps and bounds better than the maze4. The maze4 is less restrictive but from what i gathered ur only cooling the cpu so the higher restriction isnt an issue.

How will a larger pump not fit? Although with the reserator and that swifty block the higher flow is not need and not attainable due to the restrictive tubing. I would say an l35 would work just fine for your setup. or the 1048 for that mater. They arnt high flow pumps but they will get the job done.

im not sure what ur asking on the clamps question, but zip ties do work great for clamps.. they provide alot of gripping pressure.

also, im not sure if u know this, but u dont want to have the pump inside the reserator. doing so makes it so that all of the heat from the pump gets dumped into the water. An inline pump like you mentioned is the better choice as they will not put all of their heat into the water, thus reducing water temps.

Sory if i misunderstood what you asked, but your last post was pretty confusing.

Banned
    I was thinking a inline pump was one that was inside the water.

Long as im going external,Might as well get a ehiem.Do i need to buy anything else for the pump?

make sure the adapters on the pump are the right size for your tubing and your done.

Banned
    My proposed Setup,tell me if this works right

pump>cpu>reserator thats what i see fomr what you displayed there...

looks fine to me...

Xtreme Addict

hope this helps.

A 12v pump should fit depending on the size you get.

The Z50 or 600v2 (sp) pumps are nice and I think the 1048 is 12v too.

I have the 110v 1046 and kinda wish I went with a 12v one
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

only think is that if ur used to the sound of hte reserator (no sound) then a mcp600 or 50Z might be a little noisy. Some ppl say they are noisy compared to eheims. Personally I have no idea either way (never had either one) but I do know hte mcp600 (50Z now days) is going to be louder. But it will provide leaps and bounds more performance.

Xtreme Addict
    My Eheim 1048 is very silent and pumps at a decent speed. I found a Iwaki WMD15RLT pump on ebay for 25.00 and was out of town and lost the bid

I put my 1048 on some packing bubbles and that isolated it great.

if I can get a better pump I will sell my 1048 cheap.

well good luck on your endevor
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.