Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Awesome Video: 185 Mph on Motorcicle

Ker-Pow !
    Yes I just put on the first ghost rider dvd, selected hiyabusa ride and listened to the intro. A woman says "who else could pop a wheelie at over 200mph in city traffic".

His speedo on the busa shows him going to 340kph easily without it reving out, with nearly 1500rpm left in top gear......now thats alot on a big bike.

Quick powerdvd capture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghost.JPG 
Views:	1609 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	38173  
    Last edited by [XC]thewildblue; 10-06-2005 at 09:54 AM.

Xtreme Member
    you guys talk hp and bhp.. what it different those two? i know that Ghostrider
    busa has 499bhp not hp.

and 500hp not possible at 1.2l engine? well i have readed that f1 198x had
    1.5L engine which produced 1500hp by using turbos. ok maybe not same thing.

anyway it does't matter has the ghostrider bike 300 or 500hp
    or did he make wheelie 150mph or 200mph. even so he most insane
    biker what i know..and i love it

Xtreme Enthusiast
    http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/tomahawk.html

Tomahawk would break 300 easily.

"The Dodge Tomahawk can reach 60 miles an hour in about 2.5 seconds, and has a theoretical top speed of nearly 400 mph"

Xtreme Member
    Have any of you seen that $150k "Jetbike" thats using a rolls royce Jet turbine Engine that powers the Bell 106 Helicopter? Leno owns one of them..

http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp
    http://www.rideontv.com/episodes/CRN...eno-Bike-6.jpg

Bit excessive, but I guess if you have the $$. Weight wise the hayabusa probably owns it, but top end I'd say this engine would take the cake. Last I heard nobody's brought it to top speed yet.
    Last edited by illmatik; 10-06-2005 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Price Drop!

Xtreme Member
    MTT Also make a diesel powered Jet Turbine based F150 Based Truck called the retrorocket which can travel 900 miles on a tank.

http://www.marineturbine.com/retrorocket.asp

insane, but great clips

Xtreme Member
    Holy thats sweet

Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    Yes I just put on the first ghost rider dvd, selected hiyabusa ride and listened to the intro. A woman says "who else could pop a wheelie at over 200mph in city traffic".

His speedo on the busa shows him going to 340kph easily without it reving out, with nearly 1500rpm left in top gear......now thats alot on a big bike.

Quick powerdvd capture.
    Is what the woman says a claim that he does it? No!
    And I don't doubt a second that its around 300 kph on that wheelie. Even though the Speedometer markings are barley visable with the shaking involved in that video. He has nither ever claimed that his spedometer shows the correct speed which no speedometers do, lazer is on the other hand more accurret.

"His speedo on the busa shows him going to 340kph easily without it reving out, with nearly 1500rpm left in top gear......now thats alot on a big bike."

Its a turbo hayabusa of 500 BWHP
    Last edited by SilentTrigger; 10-08-2005 at 02:54 AM.

Hello to you all on this forum!!

Its really fun to see some answers from some of the people in this tread due they say things they really dont know anything about.

/Fürstenhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by bias_hjorth
    499hp on a hayabuse.. Major bs eh? That ghostrider need to adjust his numbers or show a dyno or similar..

Speed might be right but any motorcycle rider know his bike dont even have close to 499hp.
    bias_hjort:
    The bike used in the GHOST RIDER movies are SWT Racing's, a bike I use when I are going for the world record in high speed wheelies (which I allready have today) and that meens that I are aiming to go faster then 210.3mph/323.89km/h.

And YES, the Haybusa turbo YOU say dont have that kind of BHP does that what ever you say - 499hp on the BACK WHEEL!!
    (world record with the same kind of Hayabusa engine is 700hp something )

/Fürstenhoff.

Ive said it before Ghostrider on the busa is bs. Most modern bikes get there speedo readings from the gearbox, so if you put a larger back sprocket on for example the speedo will over read because the engine is reving the same but the bike isnt doing the same speed. Also the 200mph wheelie he did was nowwhere near 200mph, more 100mph.

That video is quite impressive on those the italian roads, but those ZX10R are nice un easy to get up too silly speeds.
    thewildblue:
    Why is the 200mph wheelie impossible when I do have the official world record at 201.3mph??

Do you know anything more then I do who have done speed wheelie records since 1993??

And in that film (GR1) did that Hayabusa have standard sprockets but a change gearbox - 5th gear did have 13% higher speed then a standard 5th gear & 6th gear did have 15% higher speed then a standard 6th gear which make the wheelie even faster then the clock's shows!!

/Fürstenhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by bias_hjorth
    Those specs wont get him nowhere near 499hp.. It would probaly be the hardest tuned engine in the world and not a single dyno print. Impressive dont you think?
    At that time it was one of the strongest!! And if you did understand anything about engines and what kind of power you need to go wheelie at 200mph+ havent you done the input I quote now!!

/Fürstenhoff.

he may be the world record holder but he didnt do it in the video I saw and not on the public roads. Also was this record guiness approved ? Linkage ?
    He in the film is NOT the world record holder, he is just GHOST RIDER who did ride our bike in really high speed - I am the official world record holder on a 380bhp Honda blackbird turbo done 1999 together with GUINNESSBOOK of RECORD!!

But you maybe know more then them also!!

/Fürstenhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentTrigger
    Did he claim a 200 mph run, when? I've seen and own all three movies and have never seen he claiming a 200 mph wheelie. The speedometer might show this but speedometers arnt 100%

Only one I know who has claimed a 200mph wheelie is the guinnes recordholder Patrik Fürstenhoff. Who will make a try at 300mph (although on two wheels) if he find the right tires last try ended in a crash at the unofficial 272.87 Mph (messured with laser on an closed runnway/public road) when the tires shattered, he will also make an attempt to do a 220 mph wheelie record, his back injury stopped him this sommer so maybe next, hes allready done an unofficial 218 mph wheelie.
    Finaly some correct information!!

/Fürstenhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by BB mods's
    F1 car's run methanol the same fuel my Jr dragster run's and the same fuel that my little brother's racing kart run's
    NOT, they race special race fuel, not methanol!!

The US form of F1 (CART) runs methanol!!

/Fürstenhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentTrigger
    Dyno of a 685 bhp modded (turbo) by MC-Xpress (2004) (they are now over the 700 boundry) which is the modder of Ghost Riders motorcykles. This would be more then 500 at the backwheel. Are you convinced thewildblue?

Dyno -> http://mc-xpress.com/records/kristerjohansson/dyno.jpg

This dyno has also been recorded on film.
    He will NEVER be convinced due he think he knows EVERYTHING, or not!!

/Fürstenhoff.

Convinced of what ? I never doubted the BHP of a tweaked Busa.
    That bikes wasnt doing the speed on the video. Like I said watch the old fast bikes video(mach 2 for example and you will see what an indicated 200mph looks like) or at least ride a fast bike and you will see what its like.

The ghostrider I saw claiming a 200mph wheelie (on a public road) was just pathetic, more 130ish. Now he may have done some new films since then but I dont bother watching them since he blatantly faked the one I saw.
    I do normaly NEVER say this to some other people on a forum but you are a big JOKE "thewildblue" due to your replays - but dont woory about that, the world needs clowns!!

/Fürstenhoff.

Finaly:

If you go to www.ghostridermovie.net and make an preorder of "GHOST RIDER, goes undercover" (GR4) before october 20 will YOU be one of them who will have a chance to win a SUZUKI GSX-R1000K5 TURBO GHOST RIDER REPLICA-

*SUZUKI GSX-R1000K5 POLICE LOOK.
    *McXPRESS turbokit, 285bhp.
    *DUNLOP 209GP race tyres.
    *NBM steel brakelines.
    *ISR brakes.
    *Signed by Team GR.

/Fürstenhoff.

Ker-Pow !
    So if what the woman says is not a claim, it must be a statement. They state/claim that he does a 200mph wheelie, which I say is rubbish and alot less. When you watch the footage its easy enough to see it hit 340kph vibration and all.

Also with 500rwhp the bike would be real hard work on the road, with "just" 300rwhp I hear that busas twist on the power and pull in one direction or another......when he is giving juice there is none of this nor does the front come up like it should with that sort of power.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123