Thread: Need radiator help.

Xtreme Member

Need radiator help.

My problem is mainly from the confines of my case. The only accessible fan is a single 80mm in the rear. My help needed is not so much which rad to get, but how to mount it outside the case, and most importantly, mount it cleanly and securely. I'm thinking of a large one. Fitting two or three 120mm's. On top perhaps? Is there any company that makes mounts or something? Or even props if it looks clean.

The method to get the tubing in and out isn't so much of a problem. Where the second rear fan would be, theres handy-dandy "cable passes". Go Kingwin.

i will explain how to mount a heatercore to the top of the case in a minute.. currently im a little bizy but thats what you should do.. no special mounts though.

so anyway, you can cut out the ceiling on the case big enough to where only the edges of the heatercore are not showing (have the hole slightly smaller than the dimensions of the rad) and then drill holes around the endges and slide zip ties through the rad, fans and shroud through the case. Then at the end of the zip tie just cut off the end of another zip tie and use it as an anchor. it will work great... if you use black zip ties it should blend in really well with a heatercore from weapon with one of his shrouds and some sanyo denki fans.

Xtreme Member
    that actually helps me alot too

thanks max

Opteron 165 CBBWE 0550 XPMW @ 2835mhz
    DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D
    2GB GSKILL PC-4000
    Connect3D Radeon X1800XL @ 600/652
    Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM SATA HD
    Lian-Li PC-65B
    Enermax 535W SLI PSU
    Custom Swiftech Watercooling

yep.. your very welcome...