Thread: Value WC Setup

Xtreme Member

Value WC Setup

Value WC System:

Here is a site that has a reasonable deal on a value pump and a heatercore:

www.aquastealth.com

I would like to get the pump and heatercore from the for 55 shipped, here it is

Via Aqua 1300 - $21
    Heatercore w/ 1/2" barbs - $33
    12 bucks shipping comes to 55

I am planning on going to a hardware store for the tubing and clamps, and thinking of trying to find a cheap MC-W 600064, as it will be cooling a winnie, and seems to perform well at not such great flow. For a resevior I was thinking just one of those T dealies, Ive seen pictures and they seem to work, and the idea of paying 30 bucks for a little box to stick in a floppy bay seems craaazy to me. Eventually I will get a VPU cooler as well, just not sure I have the moolah right now.

Tell me what ya think..
    George

Xtreme Addict
    via aqua 1300 = meh, you should spend a little more, they have problems
    T lines are good.
    "Monolith" - [ Xeon W3540 (4.22) - Rampage 2 Extreme - 12 GB Ripjaws 1600 - GTX 570 - 120 GB OCZ Vertex - Antec TruePower 750W - Corsair 700D - Apogee XT CPU Block - XSPC 360 Rad ]
    Old Box - [ E4600 2.4 @ 3.7ghz (11x335) - P5W-DH - 4gb Gskill @ 893mhz - Radeon 3850 ]

Xtreme Member
    thanks for the reply aphex, maybe L20? I like the 1300 because it has reasonable head and flow at a reeeaaally good price. What sort of problems does it have? Do they die often or something?

Thanks again for the reply.

L20 is also incredibly weak... l30 is the minimum i would go

Xtreme Member
    I think the 1300 will be fine for my purposes, a value wc setup. The MCW6000 seems to do fine at medium-low flow, and the Via Aqual 1300 has about as good flow as the Eheim 1250, and better than the L20. (This is from Overclockers.com article, which seems to be a site people trust around here). For half of the price of other pumps, I think it will be great value, and the amount of money spent to get a pump that can get me another four gallons per hour doesnt seem worth it to me.

Overclockers Article

ok then...

Xtreme Member
    Haha, sorry I did consider your suggestion, I just am a pretty cheap student, and all the tests seem to say that the 1300 is very good for the money, and it performs with the more expensive 1250. I wonder why you guys dont like it?? It seems like a good deal, the only worry I have is the one thing that they mention that it is fairly unknown how reliable they are. But I guess I am willing to be a guinea pig.

BTW: Thanks a lot for the input fellas, helpful to hear from people who know what they are talking about.

no prob... i guess if you reall want to save money its the way to go.. im just so used ot ppl wanting the best of the best its my natural urge to offer the best solution