Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OCZ VX, Best Memory made since BH5!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe
    I hope you guys can now see why we chargle a little more for our modules. All are pretested, and backed by a lifetime warranty. We also have a growing team of forum whores who are here to look after you guys and answer all your questions...

So as you see we pretty much are the most hands on enthusiast based company there is...and we are pushing to bring you even more awesome products and customer service.

More VX is coming...you just need to keep your eyes out for stock as it sells out in mins on every site it is posted on.
    However the prices in Europe are outrageous comparing with the ones in usa. Not only talking about ocz but for all.

Xtreme Mentor
    georgesod it is still a luck for you in here we dont even find good rams

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Recruit
    Can sombody PM me when someone in UK sells them? ?
    I wanna get some soon and I missed the gladiator selling them, they not sell 1gig anymore, only 512VX ram, but if i buy two 512sticks, I can run them in dual channel and there just like buying 1 gig (2x 512) ?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto
    georgesod it is still a luck for you in here we dont even find good rams
    Neither do we. We just order them from online shops, pcmemoryupgrade for example

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nube
    Can sombody PM me when someone in UK sells them? ?
    I wanna get some soon and I missed the gladiator selling them, they not sell 1gig anymore, only 512VX ram, but if i buy two 512sticks, I can run them in dual channel and there just like buying 1 gig (2x 512) ?

link

-100c Club Member
    I hope you guys can now see why we chargle a little more for our modules. All are pretested, and backed by a lifetime warranty. We also have a growing team of forum whores who are here to look after you guys and answer all your questions...
    errhhh... sorry to say, but YOU WERE one to begin with (the P W) before you joined OCZ Not that it was bad thing. Lot of people benefitted from your experiments and some conflicting investigation with eva2000 or someone

Let's hope we can find something about the divider issue of VX soon before we can claim it to be best memory made since BH5 though . A little surprised that there was no divider test done on MSI K8N neo2 or I bet half the people with Phase cooling wouldn't have bothered with it to begin with...
    (Bios 1.3,1.36,1.37,1.4,1.41,1.51 doesn't fix this issue at all)
    Let's see how it unfolds.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeah, that divider issue really suxx.... i still believe it must be BIOS related / a way board handles VX...
    OCZ really needs to look into it....
    I work for Corsair Components, Inc.

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117
    errhhh... sorry to say, but YOU WERE one to begin with (the P W) before you joined OCZ Not that it was bad thing. Lot of people benefitted from your experiments and some conflicting investigation with eva2000 or someone

Let's hope we can find something about the divider issue of VX soon before we can claim it to be best memory made since BH5 though . A little surprised that there was no divider test done on MSI K8N neo2 or I bet half the people with Phase cooling wouldn't have bothered with it to begin with...
    (Bios 1.3,1.36,1.37,1.4,1.41,1.51 doesn't fix this issue at all)
    Let's see how it unfolds.
    I never tryed a divider with this memory.
    What seems to be the issue?
    I'll have to plug in the VX today and see what your reffering to.

OPP

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    I never tryed a divider with this memory.
    What seems to be the issue?
    I'll have to plug in the VX today and see what your reffering to.

OPP
    check that, OPP please....
    well, what happens is that above 270ish (no matter what multi, it seems) we get NO POST with memory divider of 166...
    i'm playing with it now and it seems that once mems hit DDR446 with 166 divider system either doesn't POST or crashes (if upping HTT with clockgen in Windows)...
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 12-19-2004 at 10:37 AM.

-100c Club Member
    And yes, OPP. Would appreciate if you can find out if other boards such as Asus or s754 have same issues if you happen to have them handy :P Want to know if it is mobo issue, chipset issue, or bios issue, or something.

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by georgesod
    Stock:
    Out (no ETA)

the jedi master
    I have been able to run 275+ 166 mode on the epox 9NDA3+ and had no issues 133 mode either...i know some boards may have some issues but it may not be the ram here but I will look into it for you.

TBH you guys are going to want to run 1:1 as it is the fastest mode, don't go off buffered sandra use the unbuffered and use everest to compare..you will see what i mean.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I have been able to run 275+ 166 mode on the epox 9NDA3+ and had no issues 133 mode either...i know some boards may have some issues but it may not be the ram here but I will look into it for you.

TBH you guys are going to want to run 1:1 as it is the fastest mode, don't go off buffered sandra use the unbuffered and use everest to compare..you will see what i mean.
    but u see, the problem is that with divider issue this memory is useless for those that wish to run it in phase change systems... 256x10=2560MHz is OK with div 200 but e.g 285x9=2565MHz or 285x10=2850MHz with div 166 will be impossible....

EDIT: have u tried e.g. 280HTT with div 166 ??? i can POST up to 279HTT but only 270HTT makes it's way all the way to Windows. but unfortunately it's totally unstable there
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 12-19-2004 at 01:01 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Mine will POST and go into windows at 275 on 200MHz (1:1) divider... will try divider and >280HTT tonight
    VX/UTT Voltage Scaling, please contribute...

10x260 _ 1T-2-2-2-8-7-15 _ 3.3vDIMM _ 1.75vCORE

Mobile 3400+ CG 0437XDPW
    DFI LanParty UT
    XP120 w/ 120mm Thermaltake Thunderblade
    2x512MB OCZ VX
    BBATI 9800np w/Infineon
    PC Power & Cooling 510w Deluxe

Overclocking Guru
    Well sure enough, I just tryed the 166 divider on MSI Neo2. The system was all FUBAR after 270HTT.
    I don't have other boards to mess with at the moment. Waiting on some NF-4 and ATI 480 boards next week.
    I can see how some people with locked multis won't appreaciate the memory.
    I myself am not worried about a divider issue for my rigs. 1:1 is my goal.

OPP

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    Well sure enough, I just tryed the 166 divider on MSI Neo2. The system was all FUBAR after 270HTT.
    I don't have other boards to mess with at the moment. Waiting on some NF-4 and ATI 480 boards next week.
    I can see how some people with locked multis won't appreaciate the memory.
    I myself am not worried about a divider issue for my rigs. 1:1 is my goal.

OPP
    so in other words, if one's going for OCZ VX on phase change beyond 2900Mhz - better one gets himself FX.... hmmm.... that FX just got few places up on my "to-upgrade" list

Overclocking Guru
    FX is the only way to Fly

OPP

c[_]
    VX for FX .. kinda has a rhyme to it..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

-100c Club Member
    If I get really nice batch of VX for this RMA... than maybe. 270 2-2-2-8 dual channel will be nice enough to consider it's fault (or mobo's fault) with divider and move on to FX. We are entering the first batch of 875p era kind of problem. (It was chaotic era with everyone scrambling to figure out what works and what not)

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Member
    above 275mhz with the 166 divider i can't boot either.

also is my friend, too. guess everyone with the neo2 board may have the

same problem.

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by formyfaith
    above 275mhz with the 166 divider i can't boot either.

also is my friend, too. guess everyone with the neo2 board may have the

same problem.
    Im going to point MSI at this thread and see if they can help.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Mentor
    why are you guys messing with dividers? doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by xgman
    why are you guys messing with dividers? doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?
    yeah high 1:1 is best for AMD64
    ---

Xtreme Addict
    We also have a growing team of forum whores who are here to look after you guys and answer all your questions...
    Hey I'm no whore!! :smileysex

For real though, OCZ is the most devoted company we have for us xtreme enthusiasts. Just be patient and they will get us more VX soon. I know none of us like to wait, but would we rather have un tested IC's on the VX that'll only do pc3200?
    | MSI K8N Diamond Plus | WaterCooled A64X2 4200+ | 2x1024 PC4000 EB Plat | 2x BFG 7800GT | Maxtor DMax 10 SATA 250gb 16mb cache & 200gb 8 mb cache| OCZ 700watt GamerXtreme PSU | Plextor 716SA DL DVDRW

HeatWare

Xtreme Addict
    eva, there is no such thing as 1:1 on A64, memory runs based on a CPU divider, not HTT (FSB).

Dividers such as 166, 183, etc... just change the divider that is used based on the CPU speed.

Many times you can optimize your CPU speed, by using a divider, effectively increasing your multiplier (if you imagined the multiplier to be RAM speed x Multi = CPU speed)

Of course if you have an FX chip, then there is no reason to play with dividers But for those stuck with a 9x multi, dividers can be a huge improvement...

BTW, for those looking to buy VX, these guys look like they are in stock (ship worldwide as well) if you don't mind paying a little extra:

http://www.microstorm.com/OCZ_1GB_51...id-529218.html
    Last edited by LilGator; 12-20-2004 at 09:51 AM.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    it's out of stock, pretty much EVERYWHERE......

Xtreme Member
    glad i jumped in on it when i did!

-100c Club Member
    Don't worry, unless I get 260+ dual channel 2-2-2-x, I will be selling my 4 pieces or something and look for BH-5 instead. Per price, it's 1:1 seems good but that doesn't take into account of divider unfortunately which is big turn off for me. (even if I get FX).

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Member
    I've got my VX on a trial base for now, so i'm just waiting a bit to see if there is a solution to this divider problem. My 3000+ is running at 3000mhz 1.6v prime stable for hours .. i was hoping on the vx to use the 166 divider. Let's wait and see.

the jedi master
    166 issue update.

We have programmed VX with a TCCD and EB spd and it made no difference...the modules still didn't like 166 mode.

We have a theory as to why but its best we work with bios engineers to see if we can resolve the issue.

So for now we are advising VX is best in 1:1 mode, some will do ok in 166 mode but your not going to see 300+HTT.

I have started asking if bios files can help, as soon as i know more i will post.
    Last edited by Tony; 12-20-2004 at 04:12 PM.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme X.I.P.
    166 issue update.

We have programmed VX with a TCCD and EB spd's and it made no difference...the modules still didn't like 166 mode.

We have a theory as to why but its best we work with bios engineers to see if we can resolve the issue.

So for now we are advising VX is best in 1:1 mode, some will do ok in 166 mode but your not going to see 300+HTT.

I have started asking if bios files can help, as soon as i know more i will post.
    so it definetely is some sort of VX compatibility issue, right? hope you guys can fix this with co-op with BIOS engineers.

on a side note - ATM, after being able to do DDR512 6-2-2-2.0 1T i'm not even able to memtest @ DDR400 checked in NF2 mobo and it runs fine with no memtest error. put back some BH-5 in my Neo2 and it works fine too..... i thiunk i exhausted all ideas i had

update: and for this situation to look even "better" - i already pulled off heatspreaders
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 12-20-2004 at 04:16 PM.

the jedi master
    Guys pulling off heatspreaders is always a bad move...with our ddr2 it can pull off IC's also

bachus_anonym you saying your ram is ok in NF2 but not your MSI?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Member
    166 issue update.

We have programmed VX with a TCCD and EB spd and it made no difference...the modules still didn't like 166 mode.

Thanks m8 on the update. We will be praying for some kind of solution.

Memory Addict
    Guys pulling off heatspreaders is always a bad move...with our ddr2 it can pull off IC's also

tiny BGA have weaker joints to pcb so yup pulling off heatspreader will take a few things off the pcb hehe
    ---

Xtreme Mentor
    I gained 2MHz by pulling off my heatspreaders. I'm pretty sure I was the first one here to do this. If voiding your lifetime warranty for 2MHz sounds good to you, go for it - just be careful not to accidentally yank anything else off.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad.maranan
    I gained 2MHz by pulling off my heatspreaders. I'm pretty sure I was the first one here to do this. If voiding your lifetime warranty for 2MHz sounds good to you, go for it - just be careful not to accidentally yank anything else off.
    Which brings up a good point....
    "OCZ, if you guys spend so much time and expense binning and testing chips, then stick heatsinks on them and reduce their performance?????

Why not just include heatsinks in the package with frag tape?? User option, you know?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    Why not just include heatsinks in the package with frag tape?? User option, you know?
    I think this would be a good idea. For sure, case modders love the bling effect of gold and silver heatspreaders. But enthusiasts who care more about the bottom-line performance of a component can definitely appreciate a naked stick of RAM. Off the top of my head, the G.Skill modules serve as a fine example.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    heh, reminds me of the thread in which the guy watercooled his ram

EDIT: here you go

-100c Club Member
    PCS is a make...a manufacturer.

Speed binning of VX ensure every module does at least 240fsb 2-2-2.
    Well, you sure about that? 6 sticks tested so far (2 from RMA) and 1 didn't even hit stock speed 2-2-2-x on 3.5v, now I am just toying with one of RMA'd stick that is keep going down to what seems to be stock speed from 240 below. (@ 215 testing right as I write this....)
    No, it isn't my machine as the other 4 sticks did just fine above 240. If not higher (to 267).
    I plan to call and RMA again. However, the cost of shipping this memory back and forth are really adding up. So far, amount of money I had to spend on OCZ RMA is adding up close to $30 with memories, etc.

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme X.I.P.

yes sir.... VX is in my day-to-day rig, NF7-S v2, running at DDR433. i've tried memtest on them and it runs just fine. when i had it in MSI, i get errors right after test #1 and 99% of them at the same address 308.5MB...
    so for now i put my 2x256MB BH-5 in Neo2 and it runs absolutely fine @ DDR520 (no errors in memtest).
    i now recall that this happened BEFORE i removed heatspreaders but AFTER i started playing with memory dividers.... i think i need to look into little bit closer coz it looks like RAM is fine....

EDIT: i just want to repeat that just few days ago i was error-free @ DDR512 and benchmark-stable up to DDR524....
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 12-20-2004 at 11:31 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Looks like the same thing that happened to trans am is also happening to you. In the end, I believe he was only able to run at stock speeds.

Xtreme Member
    *interested onlooker - now concerned with his recent order of vx*

Case: Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE w/ Seasonic M12D-750
    Mobo: Giga-byte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0 Bios F10e
    CPU: Intel e8400 Q832A163
    RAM: 8gb Mushkin 996593
    Display: Dell 2405FPW
    Video: Sapphire HD5850
    Cooling: TRUE /w 2x SFF21F
    O/S: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Member
    well it seems that I'm one of the lucky owners of this VX memory, got it today together with the DDR Booster, I'll be picking up my ASUS A8N-SLI later this day since they held one back for me

Now my question is has anyone yet tried the VX together with the Booster on the A8N-SLI? I've saved quit a while for this beast and don't want to fry anything (well at least not in the first month )

Xtreme Member
    hmm i wouldn't try it on a board that will be hard to RMA, might want to wait and see what andy says, he trys the booster on a variety of boards.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    but u see, the problem is that with divider issue this memory is useless for those that wish to run it in phase change systems... 256x10=2560MHz is OK with div 200 but e.g 285x9=2565MHz or 285x10=2850MHz with div 166 will be impossible....

EDIT: have u tried e.g. 280HTT with div 166 ??? i can POST up to 279HTT but only 270HTT makes it's way all the way to Windows. but unfortunately it's totally unstable there
    I think VX is great for FX where you can use high multi and run VX at it's highest stable ceiling, or a single channel setup. But I think if you ran a divider on the VX, you are better off getting some good tccd and running that at high speeds. I've had 2 sets of VX with 3 different cpus and 3 boards. they both max around 240-245. I think opp got really lucky and this is not normal for VX> don't get your hopes up and think you are going to hit 260mhz out of the box with these. IMO you will be extremely lucky to hit 250mhz stable. I'm not trying to stomp anyones buzz, I'm just being realistic and don't want people to commit suicide because they didn't get their VX past 260mhz. As for the divider issue, I coun't get any divider to work on the neo2 no matter what speed, on any bios except the 100 divider out of the bios., I could change dividers 166/133 etc with A64 tweaker and it worked, but would fail to load os when dividers set in the bios. My heatspreaders came off the day I got mine. I think it's a good idea if you have a decent set . They run much much cooler with the spreaders off because air can actually pass between them even using dimm slots 1 and 2. when heatspreaders are on, they end up touching each other generating tons of useless heat. Take it all off.
    Last edited by trans am; 12-21-2004 at 08:00 AM.

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am
    I think VX is great for FX where you can use high multi and run VX at it's highest stable ceiling, or a single channel setup. But I think if you ran a divider on the VX, you are better off getting some good tccd and running that at high speeds. I've had 2 sets of VX with 3 different cpus and 3 boards. they both max around 240-245. I think opp got really lucky and this is not normal for VX> don't get your hopes up and think you are going to hit 260mhz out of the box with these. IMO you will be extremely lucky to hit 250mhz stable. I'm not trying to stomp anyones buzz, I'm just being realistic and don't want people to commit suicide because they didn't get their VX past 260mhz. As for the divider issue, I coun't get any divider to work on the neo2 no matter what speed, on any bios except the 100 divider out of the bios., I could change dividers 166/133 etc with A64 tweaker and it worked, but would fail to load os when dividers set in the bios.
    have you burnt in the VX yet ?
    ---

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by eva2000
    have you burnt in the VX yet ?
    Burn in?
    as in countless hours of test 5 and hot cpu tester? Yes, been there done that. lol

-100c Club Member
    Burn in seems real for me... by about 3-6mhz on each stick except the one that is doing 267-2-2-2-8. Wonder if it has to do with heatspreader settling down or something. BTW, whoever keeps saying this memory runs cool even at high volt is smoking something or running it @ stock speed with high volt. It seems like temperature escalates rather quickly when you have over 3.3+v and actually stressing memory. I've seen so far up to 50c on pcb section of memory. with 2 32cfm 80mm fan blowing directly above that area.

PS) I am getting another set sent out from OCZ today. By thursday hopefully I will have some magic clocker. One thing I found out, they pretest memory without heatspreader. Don't want to invalidate warranty yet but when my stick becomes old it might be worth the fun to take out.
    Last edited by jinu117; 12-21-2004 at 09:49 AM.

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Guru
    Burn in seems real for me... by about 3-6mhz on each stick except the one that is doing 267-2-2-2-8. Wonder if it has to do with heatspreader settling down or something. BTW, whoever keeps saying this memory runs cool even at high volt is smoking something or running it @ stock speed with high volt. It seems like temperature escalates rather quickly when you have over 3.3+v and actually stressing memory. I've seen so far up to 50c on pcb section of memory. with 2 32cfm 80mm fan blowing directly above that area.

I'm not smoking anything nor am I running it at stock. my spreaders are off and I have 90mm panaflo blowing on ddr booster and dimms. Of course memory is not cool, it's not scalding my fingers when I touch it either. THe heatspreaders were really hot before I removed them, even with the panaflo.
    Last edited by trans am; 12-21-2004 at 09:52 AM.

Xtreme Member

big toe thanks a lot

Im going to point MSI at this thread and see if they can help.

If the divider issue gets solved with the neo 2 board,

I think VX would start to rock~!

I hope msi gets this problem fixed really fast~

thanks a lot bigtoe

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am
    I'm not smoking anything nor am I running it at stock. my spreaders are off and I have 90mm panaflo blowing on ddr booster and dimms. Of course memory is not cool, it's not scalding my fingers when I touch it either. THe heatspreaders were really hot before I removed them, even with the panaflo.
    I wouldn't dare accusing you of smoking something... maybe sniffing cat stuff lol
    Got any temperature measure probe to check the temp real time while it is running? I really think this heatspreaders are nothing more than heat trappers.

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Mentor
    I really think this heatspreaders are nothing more than heat trappers.
    Truth.

OCZ Product Specialist

PS) I am getting another set sent out from OCZ today. By thursday hopefully I will have some magic clocker. One thing I found out, they pretest memory without heatspreader. Don't want to invalidate warranty yet but when my stick becomes old it might be worth the fun to take out.
    I tested at 3.5v 260mhz with VX with some good ventilation in the form of a strong 80mm fan and using my digital thermometer if found nothing higher that 32C. I also probed the actual IC's under the heatspreader (from the side of course) and found nothing higher than 32c.

I suggest that either your voltages are off (high) or you need better ventilation.
    OCZ Marketing Team
    Email Me Here or Need Technical Support? Go to OCZ Support Forums

Xtreme Addict
    Would it not be cheaper to produce VX without heat spreaders? I know some people think RAM cannot be high-performing without heat spreaders, but those kind of n00bs would not be into buying RAM that needs 3.3V to perform. You could call this new heat spreaderless RAM OCZ VX Lite or something. I'd buy some.
    7700k @ 5.0GHz
    ASUS Z170-Deluxe
    2x8GB Avexir Raiden DDR4-3000 15-15-15-35
    Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti @ 2076/1500(6000)
    512GB Samsung PM961 + 840 Pro 256GB + some TBs
    Corsair AX1200i
    X-Star DP2710LED @ 110Hz + 40" Samsung TV

CPU and GPU under water: 9x120 rad + 3x120 + 3x120

...and an HTC Vive!

Overclocking Guru
    All my testing was done inside the case with no fan blowing on them. I can't wait to get these on the Test Bench try some cooling, might get me some extra hertz

OPP

XS - Extra Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnbns
    Would it not be cheaper to produce VX without heat spreaders? I know some people think RAM cannot be high-performing without heat spreaders, but those kind of n00bs would not be into buying RAM that needs 3.3V to perform. You could call this new heat spreaderless RAM OCZ VX Lite or something. I'd buy some.
    I think one of the reasons they use heatspreaders is to help prevent ESD, otherwise they probably would be making them without heatspreaders. Just a guess though, I may be wrong.
    -Phenom2 x6 1055 @stock
    -8gb ddr3
    -Gigabyte UD3
    -Geforce 7900Gt 755/1863 1.562v vgpu
    -OCZ Powersupply 600w

Xtreme Guru
    i think it's more of a "BLING BLING" factor. It's a status thing lol. you gotta have 'Bling' in order to have street cred. these days.

Xtreme Mentor
    It's alright if my system is lacking in the rave lighting and hip hop shine department. I can always throw in a couple of pairs of the illest Air Max 87s and 90s to make my rig really stand out in a picture. Better yet, I can commission some skanks on MySpace to pose with my rig for added effect.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad.maranan
    It's alright if my system is lacking in the rave lighting and hip hop shine department. I can always throw in a couple of pairs of the illest Air Max 87s and 90s to make my rig really stand out in a picture. Better yet, I can commission some skanks on MySpace to pose with my rig for added effect.
    LOL conrad, I was thinking about getting some chrome 20" rims for my case. It's so heavy with all this cooling, I need to be able to roll it around. Maybe adding a few 12" subs and a few LCDs in the near future.....Please MTV...Pimp my ride!

Xtreme Addict
    Im going for the ghetto thug angle... lay down a GAT & AK47 beside my system and paint 2Pac on the case window... now that's gangsta! hahaha

Conrad, you realise those modules you have are 10x better than mine... either that or your sis has a CPU with one beaut of a mem controller... granted I can't give my modules more than ~3.35vDimm but they max at bout 261 memtest stable. So either your 3.5v burnin really did wonder, you jus got brilliant sticks, or that CPU you got there needs to be sent this way and fast!
    VX/UTT Voltage Scaling, please contribute...

10x260 _ 1T-2-2-2-8-7-15 _ 3.3vDIMM _ 1.75vCORE

Mobile 3400+ CG 0437XDPW
    DFI LanParty UT
    XP120 w/ 120mm Thermaltake Thunderblade
    2x512MB OCZ VX
    BBATI 9800np w/Infineon
    PC Power & Cooling 510w Deluxe

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast