Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829

Thread: OCZ VX, Best Memory made since BH5!!

SSD faster than your HDD
    Yes it is the newest bios for the motherboard, it support Toledo just fine.

If you are getting 250 with 3.0V....that is awesome

Xtreme Member
    No, it's not awesome! It's stupid! DDR400@3,3V sux in memtest. DDR400@3V stable in memtest. How is that? And the 3V is with the jumper on the mobo set to 3,2V max!
    DDR500@3V won't even start (I tryed, thinking it'll be memtest stable ) and at 3,3 AND even 3,4V it's not memtest stable... WTF?!?
    My friend did NOT pay 200$ for a pair of sticks that are COMPLETELY stable only at DDR400 2,5-3-3-8 @2,6V!!! What is going on???

Generalizations are, in general, wrong.

SSD faster than your HDD
    Send me an email....link is in my Sig

Thank You.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loc.o
    VX PC3200, too bad 12x wont do, but quite nice.
    Thats amazing! Are mem settings same as in your last post?

DFI Infinity RS482 * A64 3200+ * 2x512mb OCZ Pl.4800 * Big Typhoon * Enermax 425w

Xtremely Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by toreide
    Thats amazing! Are mem settings same as in your last post?
    Missed this one. Im 99% sure it was @ those timings above except for vdimm, this was 3,7v. Im looking for a pic with A64tweaker (not sure if i even have it) otherwise ill run 1M again and ad A64tweaker.

[edit] Same settings as in this one:

Last edited by Viss; 10-24-2005 at 06:53 AM.

Xtreme Member
    hey guys
    i didnt read all this thread and i dont want to be a party crasher
    but....
    when i 1st bought vx 4000 i was on the search for the best mems on the market
    high voltage with warranty up to 3,5v+-%,lifetime warranty....recomended to use with dfi nf4 mobo....well this has to be it...
    bought a caa2c dfi sli-d and ocz vx 4000
    i had the best 3 weeks of my ...still short....OC life...till the they died on me....
    i could go up to 267 1,5-2-2-5 with 3,4v....i was amazed....rma time..
    2nd pair arrived..."only" went to 261...3,35v... ....i was happy again.....till they died on me again....30 days later,even with a noiseblcker S4 in front of the mems....rma time again
    3 rd pair arrived...well 250 3,3v seemed like conservative settings for this kind of mems...but i was happy again...250x11 was enough for me....
    then it happened again....3 rd pair went to meet the maker...
    its my shop rig..so i dont bench and throw volts at things cause i am working and i need a solid ,fast and reliable machine....i have a venice and an old pair of bh6 to bench at home.....
    tony from ocz and sean were very nice and took care of the rma for me...i just need to send it to california....shipping and vat on the return will cost me about 180 dollars....150€.... no go...to much money
    ppl say dfi kills the mems....why does it killl only this kind of mems
    i have bh6 and ch5 and i stress them a lot more than i did with the vx...even some ogrish things like 3,6v ...ya thats extreme for me

can u guys comment on this subject

thnxs
    Last edited by steelballzz; 10-25-2005 at 04:18 PM.

STEELBALLZZ - N3RO - MARTAKIS

ZÉ DO BENCH TEAM

add a volt or two.....

the jedi master
    There is a huge thread covering this subject, in this thread you will see members with old BH5 from corsair and Kingston having just the same issues, One dimm dies.

Im sure we can work something out on RMA with you, i have instructed support to contact you.I would however ask you to move away from using VX.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Im sure we can work something out on RMA with you, i have instructed support to contact you.I would however ask you to move away from using VX.
    yes i want to move away from vx...i will wait ...cause 150€ in shipping and vat its hard for me to get....i know its not ocz fault that i live in europe

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    There is a huge thread covering this subject, in this thread you will see members with old BH5 from corsair and Kingston having just the same issues, One dimm dies.
    i couldnt find it....searching in english is not one of my strong point...

what words should i search...and sorry for the threadjacking

thnxs

ZÉ DO BENCH TEAM

add a volt or two.....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballzz
    hey guys
    i didnt read all this thread and i dont want to be a party crasher
    but....
    when i 1st bought vx 4000 i was on the search for the best mems on the market
    high voltage with warranty up to 3,5v+-%,lifetime warranty....recomended to use with dfi nf4 mobo....well this has to be it...
    bought a caa2c dfi sli-d and ocz vx 4000
    i had the best 3 weeks of my ...still short....OC life...till the they died on me....
    i could go up to 267 1,5-2-2-5 with 3,4v....i was amazed....rma time..
    2nd pair arrived..."only" went to 261...3,35v... ....i was happy again.....till they died on me again....30 days later,even with a noiseblcker S4 in front of the mems....rma time again
    3 rd pair arrived...well 250 3,3v seemed like conservative settings for this kind of mems...but i was happy again...250x11 was enough for me....
    then it happened again....3 rd pair went to meet the maker...
    its my shop rig..so i dont bench and throw volts at things cause i am working and i need a solid ,fast and reliable machine....i have a venice and an old pair of bh6 to bench at home.....
    tony from ocz and sean were very nice and took care of the rma for me...i just need to send it to california....shipping and vat on the return will cost me about 180 dollars....150€.... no go...to much money
    ppl say dfi kills the mems....why does it killl only this kind of mems
    i have bh6 and ch5 and i stress them a lot more than i did with the vx...even some ogrish things like 3,6v ...ya thats extreme for me

can u guys comment on this subject

thnxs
    It is the CH UTT chips, they are not durable like the old BH-5 but they do clock well. Lots of peoples RAM has died with 0 abuse and below stock voltage. I had 2 sticks of UTT CH die (so far..) and I wasn't too happy when my primo 270Mhz Redline died and I had to garbage it. =/
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @ steelballzz
    Do you use the 4Volt jumper? Because if so don't, because the 4Volt jumper can only work properly if you go past 3,5Volt (or maybe even higher). With less the mosfet is getting way to hot if it ain't cooled extreme.
    AMD Opteron 148 CABYE 0543 FPBW || DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR AD0
    2x 512MB OCZ PC3500 Limited Edition Winbond BH-5 || 2x 512MB Corsair PC3200LL V1.1 Winbond BH-5 || 1x 256MB Mushkin PC3500 LV2 Winbond BH-5
    SAPPHIRE X800GTO2 @ 16P 600/570, Voltmodded, GPU=1,7V/VDD/VDDQ=2,3V
    Zippy PSL-6720P(G1) GAMING ,POWER - I love it!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vassili
    @ steelballzz
    Do you use the 4Volt jumper? Because if so don't, because the 4Volt jumper can only work properly if you go past 3,5Volt (or maybe even higher). With less the mosfet is getting way to hot if it ain't cooled extreme.
    yes
    i need the 3,3 to feed the vx....
    i am running some mushkin special bh6 for a couple of months with 3,35 24/7...using the jumper...

i am using the new vx kit in a new dfi....brand new.....with 623-3 shipping bios...running for 4 days..so far all is good...except for the speed of this ones...255 3,4v....worst kit i had so far....but i will give some time and see if they can go any further.....
    i dont have an ocz psu so i canot perform the trick with the jumper to avoid the 4 v

ZÉ DO BENCH TEAM

add a volt or two.....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This looks good, can't wait to get my set from pumbertot
    Playing station: DFI UT X48 T3R @ EK NB // Q6600 @ 3,2GhZ @ True (soon Dtek V1) // 280gtx (soon EK 280gtx) // 2*2GB Gskill 12800 CL7 // Corsair HX1000 // 250GB ES.2 - 160GB T166 - 2*160WD RE // Lian Li V2000B // Swiftech 240+360 - 2*DDC 1
    Servers: ASUS Crosshair // X2 3800+ // 2*1GB Gskill PC6400 HZ // R3650 // IBM workstation
    Laptop: Znote 4200, running on 5th year now

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829