Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: OCZ VX, Best Memory made since BH5!!

I am Xtreme
    its brings back a good feeling when i hear about the burn ins and voltage that i remeber from bh-5, its almost like winbond makes living chips that give you a big kiss when you push them

though it is wierd how differently these react with low and high voltages then previous winbond designs...

i can only hope the increased sales of these IC's would inspire winbond/infineon to make some higher end IC's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    VX is some special ram. I have mine running at 260 2-2-2-10-1t with 3.5v Tried up to 3.6v and saw nothing more. Still burning in. Trying for 270x10 as that is the sweet spot on my 3500+.

BTW OPP, nice to see your seal of approval on these. The OCZ guy's deserve it!
    | MSI K8N Diamond Plus | WaterCooled A64X2 4200+ | 2x1024 PC4000 EB Plat | 2x BFG 7800GT | Maxtor DMax 10 SATA 250gb 16mb cache & 200gb 8 mb cache| OCZ 700watt GamerXtreme PSU | Plextor 716SA DL DVDRW

HeatWare

Xtreme Mentor
    i will try to get vx and booster in a short time if i find a friend returning from usa

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

the jedi master
    I hope you guys can now see why we chargle a little more for our modules. All are pretested, and backed by a lifetime warranty. We also have a growing team of forum whores who are here to look after you guys and answer all your questions...

So as you see we pretty much are the most hands on enthusiast based company there is...and we are pushing to bring you even more awesome products and customer service.

More VX is coming...you just need to keep your eyes out for stock as it sells out in mins on every site it is posted on.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeah, this IS great piece of RAM! and actually, i don't think that $259 is expensive for such great performing sticks. i remember, when i first bought 1GB of Mushkin LvL (almost 2 years ago) i spend $310 on it and it performs far worse than OCZ VX i have here!
    ATM, i'm flying @ DDR520 6-2-2-2.0 1T - something i could dream of with 2x512MB Mushkin LvL II.

excellent job on selectioning and pre-testing whatever ICs you guys found

thanx guys,

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe
    I hope you guys can now see why we chargle a little more for our modules. All are pretested, and backed by a lifetime warranty. We also have a growing team of forum whores who are here to look after you guys and answer all your questions...

So as you see we pretty much are the most hands on enthusiast based company there is...and we are pushing to bring you even more awesome products and customer service.

More VX is coming...you just need to keep your eyes out for stock as it sells out in mins on every site it is posted on.
    However the prices in Europe are outrageous comparing with the ones in usa. Not only talking about ocz but for all.

Xtreme Mentor
    georgesod it is still a luck for you in here we dont even find good rams

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Recruit
    Can sombody PM me when someone in UK sells them? ?
    I wanna get some soon and I missed the gladiator selling them, they not sell 1gig anymore, only 512VX ram, but if i buy two 512sticks, I can run them in dual channel and there just like buying 1 gig (2x 512) ?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto
    georgesod it is still a luck for you in here we dont even find good rams
    Neither do we. We just order them from online shops, pcmemoryupgrade for example

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nube
    Can sombody PM me when someone in UK sells them? ?
    I wanna get some soon and I missed the gladiator selling them, they not sell 1gig anymore, only 512VX ram, but if i buy two 512sticks, I can run them in dual channel and there just like buying 1 gig (2x 512) ?

link

-100c Club Member
    errhhh... sorry to say, but YOU WERE one to begin with (the P W) before you joined OCZ Not that it was bad thing. Lot of people benefitted from your experiments and some conflicting investigation with eva2000 or someone

Let's hope we can find something about the divider issue of VX soon before we can claim it to be best memory made since BH5 though . A little surprised that there was no divider test done on MSI K8N neo2 or I bet half the people with Phase cooling wouldn't have bothered with it to begin with...
    (Bios 1.3,1.36,1.37,1.4,1.41,1.51 doesn't fix this issue at all)
    Let's see how it unfolds.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeah, that divider issue really suxx.... i still believe it must be BIOS related / a way board handles VX...
    OCZ really needs to look into it....

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117
    errhhh... sorry to say, but YOU WERE one to begin with (the P W) before you joined OCZ Not that it was bad thing. Lot of people benefitted from your experiments and some conflicting investigation with eva2000 or someone

Let's hope we can find something about the divider issue of VX soon before we can claim it to be best memory made since BH5 though . A little surprised that there was no divider test done on MSI K8N neo2 or I bet half the people with Phase cooling wouldn't have bothered with it to begin with...
    (Bios 1.3,1.36,1.37,1.4,1.41,1.51 doesn't fix this issue at all)
    Let's see how it unfolds.
    I never tryed a divider with this memory.
    What seems to be the issue?
    I'll have to plug in the VX today and see what your reffering to.

OPP

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    I never tryed a divider with this memory.
    What seems to be the issue?
    I'll have to plug in the VX today and see what your reffering to.

OPP
    check that, OPP please....
    well, what happens is that above 270ish (no matter what multi, it seems) we get NO POST with memory divider of 166...
    i'm playing with it now and it seems that once mems hit DDR446 with 166 divider system either doesn't POST or crashes (if upping HTT with clockgen in Windows)...
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 12-19-2004 at 10:37 AM.

-100c Club Member
    And yes, OPP. Would appreciate if you can find out if other boards such as Asus or s754 have same issues if you happen to have them handy :P Want to know if it is mobo issue, chipset issue, or bios issue, or something.

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by georgesod
    Stock:
    Out (no ETA)

the jedi master
    I have been able to run 275+ 166 mode on the epox 9NDA3+ and had no issues 133 mode either...i know some boards may have some issues but it may not be the ram here but I will look into it for you.

TBH you guys are going to want to run 1:1 as it is the fastest mode, don't go off buffered sandra use the unbuffered and use everest to compare..you will see what i mean.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I have been able to run 275+ 166 mode on the epox 9NDA3+ and had no issues 133 mode either...i know some boards may have some issues but it may not be the ram here but I will look into it for you.

TBH you guys are going to want to run 1:1 as it is the fastest mode, don't go off buffered sandra use the unbuffered and use everest to compare..you will see what i mean.
    but u see, the problem is that with divider issue this memory is useless for those that wish to run it in phase change systems... 256x10=2560MHz is OK with div 200 but e.g 285x9=2565MHz or 285x10=2850MHz with div 166 will be impossible....

EDIT: have u tried e.g. 280HTT with div 166 ??? i can POST up to 279HTT but only 270HTT makes it's way all the way to Windows. but unfortunately it's totally unstable there
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 12-19-2004 at 01:01 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Mine will POST and go into windows at 275 on 200MHz (1:1) divider... will try divider and >280HTT tonight
    VX/UTT Voltage Scaling, please contribute...

10x260 _ 1T-2-2-2-8-7-15 _ 3.3vDIMM _ 1.75vCORE

Mobile 3400+ CG 0437XDPW
    DFI LanParty UT
    XP120 w/ 120mm Thermaltake Thunderblade
    2x512MB OCZ VX
    BBATI 9800np w/Infineon
    PC Power & Cooling 510w Deluxe

Overclocking Guru
    Well sure enough, I just tryed the 166 divider on MSI Neo2. The system was all FUBAR after 270HTT.
    I don't have other boards to mess with at the moment. Waiting on some NF-4 and ATI 480 boards next week.
    I can see how some people with locked multis won't appreaciate the memory.
    I myself am not worried about a divider issue for my rigs. 1:1 is my goal.

OPP

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    Well sure enough, I just tryed the 166 divider on MSI Neo2. The system was all FUBAR after 270HTT.
    I don't have other boards to mess with at the moment. Waiting on some NF-4 and ATI 480 boards next week.
    I can see how some people with locked multis won't appreaciate the memory.
    I myself am not worried about a divider issue for my rigs. 1:1 is my goal.

OPP
    so in other words, if one's going for OCZ VX on phase change beyond 2900Mhz - better one gets himself FX.... hmmm.... that FX just got few places up on my "to-upgrade" list

Overclocking Guru
    FX is the only way to Fly

OPP

c[_]
    VX for FX .. kinda has a rhyme to it..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

-100c Club Member
    If I get really nice batch of VX for this RMA... than maybe. 270 2-2-2-8 dual channel will be nice enough to consider it's fault (or mobo's fault) with divider and move on to FX. We are entering the first batch of 875p era kind of problem. (It was chaotic era with everyone scrambling to figure out what works and what not)

Single Stage Work Logs

Xtreme Member
    above 275mhz with the 166 divider i can't boot either.

also is my friend, too. guess everyone with the neo2 board may have the

same problem.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast