Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ocean's Twelve sucks hard

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parradux
    Half a decade? Read the books.
    Its actually quite some time from when Bilbo finds the one ring, till Frodo throws it into mount doom.
    I said "LOTR" not "The Hobbit", "Silmarilian" etc. OK Frodos journey is about half a decade (my mistake) and Yes LOTR is just one small part (almost 20 yrs or so's worth) in Tolkiens mythology, but i can assure you that Bilbo doesnt find the ring in LOTR, he finds it in "The Hobbit" . And Frodo doesnt 'throw' the ring into the fires of mount doom, Gollum falls into it 'after' biting it off Frodo's finger.

P.S. I think its about 70 yrs or there abouts between Bilbo finding the ring and Gollum falling into the fires.
    Last edited by del_fuego; 12-19-2004 at 06:59 PM.

c[_]
    Sorry, I read from bilbos party and automatically included all of there and back again into the picture.. doh.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil
    Sorry, I read from bilbos party and automatically included all of there and back again into the picture.. doh.
    Its very easy to get Tolkien mixed up, i do all the time. No worries.

Anyway i think its Parradux that got the most wrong out of us! (meant light heartedly btw)
    Last edited by del_fuego; 12-19-2004 at 06:56 PM.

The only thing I got wrong was the Gollum part.
    But then again, its all debatable.
    Image not found

well screw all you haters i really liked it.. i might even go see it in theaters....

Xtreme Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer
    well screw all you haters i really liked it.. i might even go see it in theaters....
    Which one did you really like?????
    There's about 13 movies mentioned in this thread...
    (6 starwars+3 matrix+3 LOTR+1 ocean's 12)
    Be more specific
    "Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends by defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Xtreme Member
    BTW, has anyone seen the 'extended edition' of The Return of the King? I liked it, quite an improvement on the theatrical release, but then i suppose the others were aswell. The new appendices are good too, pretty emotional in places although I didnt cry, honest.

c[_]
    I want it.. then I will have all 3 extended editions

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12