Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ocean's Twelve sucks hard

Xtreme Addict

Ocean's Twelve sucks hard

Just trying to save you guys money. DO NOT see this movie. I can't believe it got the reviews it did. The film is barely about a heist and is wrapped up in the final 10 minutes with a slew of random bits that still leave the plot as swiss cheese as any movie I have ever seen. They throw a bunch of stars in this movie and then proceed to steal the audiences money. Critics must have been star struck. I forgave their constant attempts to be humorous but when their is no substance to the actual heist it is unforgivable.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by texuspete2k2
    They throw a bunch of stars in this movie and then proceed to steal the audiences money.
    Yeah, that's exactly what movie guy said on the radio the other day.

Xtreme Mentor
    i really liked ocean's 11, but im gonna wait till this one is available in mexico to watch it

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme Member
    This is a big dissapointment, I thought that Oceans Eleven was really fun to watch. I was expecting the same from this movie.

Oh well, you don't always get what you want
    This signature does not exist.

<---I love that smiley

Xtreme Addict
    wow...lol, everywhere else i heard it was pretty good, not as good as the first

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sequels are very rarely as good as the first ones.

Shrek 2 is one of the few examples I can think of. They gave up on it being a kid's movie and put in more adult-ish jokes (which is what people wanted to begin with).
    7700k @ 5.0GHz
    ASUS Z170-Deluxe
    2x8GB Avexir Raiden DDR4-3000 15-15-15-35
    Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti @ 2076/1500(6000)
    512GB Samsung PM961 + 840 Pro 256GB + some TBs
    Corsair AX1200i
    X-Star DP2710LED @ 110Hz + 40" Samsung TV

CPU and GPU under water: 9x120 rad + 3x120 + 3x120

...and an HTC Vive!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnbns
    Sequels are very rarely as good as the first ones.
    What about: The two Towers/Return of the King, Aliens, Terminator 2, Harry Potter 2, The Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future 2, The Godfather Pt2, Rambo, Analyze That, Die Hard 2, Kill Bill 2, Spiderman 2, American Pie .....the list goes on and on!

I actually thought Oceans 11 was a bit, well..erm...rubbish anyway.

My 2 pence.

dEl.

Xtreme Addict
    yeah its a terrible movie, the cheesiest is Julia Roberts playing Julia Roberts as part of the heist.

Stupid movie

XS - Extra Strong
    -Phenom2 x6 1055 @stock
    -8gb ddr3
    -Gigabyte UD3
    -Geforce 7900Gt 755/1863 1.562v vgpu
    -OCZ Powersupply 600w

Xtreme Member
    Somehow i dont think that they'll stop at 12 either, or 13, 14, 15.........

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by del_fuego
    What about: The two Towers/Return of the King, Aliens, Terminator 2, Harry Potter 2, The Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future 2, The Godfather Pt2, Rambo, Analyze That, Die Hard 2, Kill Bill 2, Spiderman 2, American Pie .....the list goes on and on!
    dEl.
    don't quite agree with the list up there, but i think indiana jones 3 last crusade belongs in there.. better than the two before (better than #2 by far). anyway, #4 is gonna suck. harrison playing his own dad in this one, because he's old enough now muhaha.
    oh, i'm digressing. i guess i'll check it once it hits the videostores. haven't seen a movie in the theater for like 2.5yrs now, because of being p'ssed of by crappy sequels, shallow stories and multimillion dollar stars in crappy movies, where all that counts was the list of names, nothing else.

yay

/rant
    sky / s!p - we are oldskool, dammit.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    anyone watch blade trinity yet?

c[_]
    nope.

Any of you guys notice "Powerpuff Girls" being played on the TV in background in Blade 1?

Movies have lost their darker emotions it seems now. They are all tear jerkers and stuff.. There was one movie recently that had a darker theme to it like Terminator 1/2 but I cant remember its name..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Mentor
    The Godfather Pt2
    you just lost all credibility for saying that

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme Member

I actually thought Oceans 11 was a bit, well..erm...rubbish anyway.

My 2 pence.

dEl.
    lord of the ring movies weren't actually sequels
    more like one big story

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisha
    anyone watch blade trinity yet?

was pretty good, the one guy in there had some really good comeback lines I need to remember them and write it down, unfortunately not as much fighting as I would have liked tho, but was still a really good movie

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blinky
    you just lost all credibility for saying that
    Walks away ashamed muttering so people can hear "actually i think Godfather Pt 2 was rubbish" !

My reply that highlighted a few sequals was to a statement saying that "most sequals are rarely as good" , not better than the original. I stick to my guns on this one. I say with absolutely no shame that the 2nd Godfather is "as enjoyable as the first one", definately in no way "better" than Godfather pt1 but in my oppinion "not bad for a sequal", which was the point of my first post here in this thread. The oscar panel of that time seemed to enjoy Deniro's performance as much as me if i remember correctly?. Didnt you enjoy Pt2? Oh well, directors cant please everybody. And just to clarify, apart from Aliens, The Empire Strikes Back, Harry Potter 2 and Spiderman 2, i prefer the original films to those mentioned in my first post, but i do think that compared to most of todays crap, they are all good sequals.

Quote Originally Posted by blinky
    I really liked oceans 11
    (see first quote!)

The funny thing with Oceans 12 is, the first one was so bad that surely it couldnt have been that hard to make the second one better?

Cheers, dEl
    Last edited by del_fuego; 12-14-2004 at 07:33 AM.

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcTan
    lord of the ring movies weren't actually sequels
    more like one big story
    the same can be said about star wars movies then cant it?

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

i will prolly see this but not till dvd days
    So many tricks & so many lies
    Too many whens & too many whys
    Nobody's special, nobody's gifted
    I'm just me, warped & twisted

MY HeatWare

c[_]
    Almost Kunaak, but the star-wars movies cant be viewed as one long movie in the way LoTR can (ie: LoTR has continuance, Star-Wars is like a bunch of mini-stories leading to one end).

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil
    Almost Kunaak, but the star-wars movies cant be viewed as one long movie in the way LoTR can .
    George Lucas has said that after the Revenge of the Sith is released that one will be able to sit down and watch the whole 6 films back to back as one giant story, ala LOTR. Remember, much like Tolkien, Lucas wrote the original star wars films at the same time but he only had the money to make one - Star Wars, A New Hope. Parts 1, 2 and 3 (Phantom Menace etc) were also written as one story to end just before the era that A New Hope starts in. The star wars story spans many decades whereas the LOTR (from Bilbos party to Saurons downfall) is less than half a decade, much easier to maintain continuity, especially when Jackson had the cash to make the whole book in one go, something that was rare back in the original star wars days.

Cheers, dEl.
    Last edited by del_fuego; 12-19-2004 at 06:42 PM.

Sandoval

star wars

imo episode 1,2,3 are a commercialized load of crap compared to 4,5,6. not that those movies weren't commercialized with the toys etc but the new ones seem a bit too disney. the casting choices of young anakin (just too cute), and teenage anakin (too teeny-bopper) were disappointing. i guess there were hints of this in episode 6 with the ewoks, but i was hugely disappointed with episode 1. 2 was sufferable only for the great battle sequences, almost on the level of the 2nd matrix which was only tolerable for it's great chase sequence. hope episode 3 is more like matrix 1, than matrix 3.

i'll probably get flamed for this, but i really enjoyed underworld and am looking forward to it's sequel. something about kate b in leather pants...

i7 980x | corsair dominator 6x4 Gb | TJ07
    SLI GTX 580x2 | GT430 | rampage 3 | corsair AX1200
    LSI 9265 | OCZ vertex 128x4 raid0 | corsair c300 | hitachi 3tbx3 |
    blocks: cpu hk 3.0 | gpu aquacomputer 580x2 | mb ek re3 fc | ram bitspower galaxy
    pump: laing d5 x2 | res: koolance 452x2
    rad: TC 120.3 120.2 | scythe GTx5
    NASs: qnap 879 8x3tb | thecus N5200 2tbx5

c[_]
    George Lucas has said that after the Revenge of the Sith is released that one will be able to sit down and watch the whole 6 films back to back as one giant story, ala LOTR. Remember, much like Tolkien, Lucas wrote the original star wars films at the same time but he only had the money to make one - Star Wars, A New Hope. Parts 1, 2 and 3 (Phantom Menace etc) were also written as one story to end just before the era that A New Hope starts in. The star wars story spans many decades whereas the LOTR (from Bilbos party to Saurons downfall) is less than half a decade, much easier to maintain continuity, especially when Jackson had the cash to make the whole book in one go, something that was rare back in the original star wars days.

Cheers, dEl.
    Half a decade?? Read more carefully!!

Oh, and that doesnt even bring Silmarlion or other backhistory into the picture.. then we gotta start talking ages

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jikdoc
    imo episode 1,2,3 are a commercialized load of crap compared to 4,5,6. not that those movies weren't commercialized with the toys etc but the new ones seem a bit too disney. the casting choices of young anakin (just too cute), and teenage anakin (too teeny-bopper) were disappointing. i guess there were hints of this in episode 6 with the ewoks, but i was hugely disappointed with episode 1. 2 was sufferable only for the great battle sequences, almost on the level of the 2nd matrix which was only tolerable for it's great chase sequence. hope episode 3 is more like matrix 1, than matrix 3.

i'll probably get flamed for this, but i really enjoyed underworld and am looking forward to it's sequel. something about kate b in leather pants...
    Flamed for thinking the new star wars movies pale in comparison to the originals? Hehe.... DOUBT IT!

Cheers, dEl.
    Half a decade? Read the books.
    Its actually quite some time from when Bilbo finds the one ring, till Frodo throws it into mount doom.

Also onto that point, you havent even touched upon the history of Middle - Earth. The Lord of the Rings was just one event that happened, however, there are countless books/tales which describe the past, giving an extremely detailed recount of everything.

LOTR and all of the writings pretaining to it, are MUCH more detailed then the Star Wars saga.
    Image not found

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast