Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Gto :)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha SmokaH
    lutjens..is that mustang super charged?
    The 2003/2004 (Ford in-house codename "Terminator") SVT Cobra come stock with a 9PSI Eaton rootes type supercharger, which bumps up the power to 390 HP @ 6000RPM, and torque to 390 pounds-feet @ 3500RPM.

At the cost of weight...The cast-iron block and forged (Manley H-Beam) connecting rods, along with a few other goodies, bring up the weight to 670 pounds for the engine alone. And the total weight to 3600 (coupe) or 3800 (convertable).

It seems to shrug it off quite well. 4.5 seconds to 60, 11 to 100, 12.9 in the 1/4 mile, etc, etc.

Still limited to 155mph (electronic). The '00 Cobra R suffered from extreme high-speed instability issues without the front lip. The '03 not avaliable with one, was then limited for save-their-own-ass reasons.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_KHAN
    so how many bhp can u get out of it?
    Stock it's 390/390. Off the wheels, 360/365. Steeda Motorsport offeres a King Cobra package ($1500) that guarentees 450RWHP and 11.99 second ET's. Kenny Bell twin-screw superchagers can bump it up to 550/600 RW, and 19PSI. ProCharger Inc. offers a cyntrifucal-type supercharger claiming upwards of 800BHP (~680RWHP, with standard 15% drivetrain loss). Finnaly CarTech USA has a turbo kit claiming upwards of 950RWHP (~1100BHP).

All with the stock bottom end. I'm planning on a '03 myself. I just plain don't like the '05s.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VSpecII
    12.9 in the 1/4 mile, etc, etc.
    My bone stock `65 GTO will do better then that, and it`s almost 40 years old!!
    The world`s only triple phase-changer PC in one case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha SmokaH
    lutjens..is that mustang super charged?
    What do you think that is on top of the engine w/ a belt going to it.....
    -Mike

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukee
    My bone stock `65 GTO will do better then that, and it`s almost 40 years old!!
    Traction? Slicks can knock over a second off the '03s ET.

Xtreme Member
    The fact it took 40 years to get to were the GTO was just goes to show how well Pontiac did it to begin with.

Let`s not forget the GTO was/IS the Godfather of all Muscle Cars!!

Xtreme Addict
    oi jsu, wats the insurance on your monaro?
    why are cars so cheap in us. monaro is $60000 here, enough for 30 computers
    Quote Originally Posted by bh2k
    sorry m, OI'm a bit drunkz!
    Air benches with 3000+, DFI nf3 and 6800GT 2001SE: 26312 3d03: 13028

Xtreme Relic
    Nice Goat...I also like the older 60s models better...more style but still a nice ride! :thumbsup:
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

X. I. P.
    My '67 goat was fun, fun, fun. My brother was working at a BMW shop that sidelined in racing and outfitted it with progressive springs, huge anti-sway bars, traction masters and Bilstein shocks. 389 rulez Blew the tranny, then sold it - when I SHOULD have kept it
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Xtreme Addict
    you sure your 65 goat can do a 1/4in under 12sec? stock the new gtos do around high 13s (havnt been to the track yet).

dont even ask about insurance. totaly through the roof (being 17 sucks sometimes)

Xtreme Member
    Yes, I`m sure the car is fast. I`ve never been to the track with the car, but I did with the car I traded for the `65 GTO. A `82 Firebird with a fuel injected Chevy Big Block, turbo 400 I built and put together would do 1\4 miles in 11.98 @ 121mph getting rubber in third gear at about 90. Got it on video tape when we went to the track somewhere. As fast as that car was, this GTO with the 5:81 rear gear, close ratio 4-speed and Tri-Power just feels faster. I`ll never take it to the track and run it as that would require me to beat on the car, and that`s never gunna happen. I love my Baby!!
    This summer I would like to get some new rims and some honk-in huge back tires for it.

Xtreme Addict
    iam not following, did the gto do it or did the fire bird?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    As i read it:
    Fire bird did it, and the GTO feels faster, but he loves the GTO too much to push it that much

G

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_G
    As i read it:
    Fire bird did it, and the GTO feels faster, but he loves the GTO too much to push it that much

G
    yep. You got it.

umm...guys...Firebird-1 word.

Xtreme Addict
    well i looked it up and the 65 was 325hp and was around 3200. so it couldnt run a quarter that fast .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSU
    well i looked it up and the 65 was 325hp and was around 3200. so it couldnt run a quarter that fast .
    325hp?? you sure you looked at the GTO and not the 2bbl 326 LeMans?
    Look again, the `65 Tr-Power car was 360HP, and in the `60s, every car manufacturer lyed about horse power. If Chevy had a motor that made 200 HP they`d say 210.
    Pontiac was the first ones who saw you win on Sunday at the track and you sell cars on monday! In the late `50s and through the `60s they would also lie about their HP ratings, but in the other dirrection!! They would claim less HP then what the car actually made.
    When you went to the Drag Strip back in the `60s and ran for the money, they put you into classes rated by factory HP ratings. By claiming less power then what they had, they tended to blow away the competition.
    Remember, the GTO was the first of the small 2dr cars to come with a Big Block motor, you could not buy a GTO with the 326 or a 2BBl availble to nearly everyother Pontiac, you got the 389 4BBl 3-speed and POSI rear end stock, 421(dealer option) 4-speed, close-ratio 4-speed and Tri-Power optional, and in `65 the GTO was the smallest car Pontiac made and stuffed with nearly the largest BB V-8 they had.

Xtreme Member
    man, it looks all tricked out and sweeeeet!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123