Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Faking Benchmarks, The Good Benchmark List, How To Spot Cheats and More...

Well,I am new to this forum.and when I read this thread about cheating on your benchmarks,I can't believe that people would stoop so low to gain recognition!WTF!

FROG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword
    Well,I am new to this forum.and when I read this thread about cheating on your benchmarks,I can't believe that people would stoop so low to gain recognition!WTF!
    As in a previous post its pretty strange to cheat at something so Geeky..

Xtreme Legend
    I think this is a bugged score:

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=4825

Im almost certain its bugged :| As well as the 6.6ghz score i posted for Kunaak.

Shamino has the no.1 fastest EE

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    I am still working on testing new benchmarks and programs.
    I will update this real soon.

I have also sent the information to get the obvious fakes removed from the CPUID database, so we can keep the legit stuff in the hall of fame

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    I hate it when people fake scores. it make the legit people with high score get scrutinized.

Mr Fantasic

i hate cheaters

Xtreme Member
    it's sad, it's supposed to be fun benchmarking on high levels without cheating
    i7 2600K 4.9Ghz @ 1.424v, Noctua NH-D14, Asus P8P67, 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz, GB GeForce GTX 460 OC, OCZ 600W PSU - www.LV-88.com

Xtreme Legend
    About three years ago I posted a sarcastic thread "I've found a new way to overclock."
    In that post I stated that by setting the Windows clock ahead the PC was tricked into thinking it was running too slow, ergo it's runs faster. The further you move ahead the time the faster the system runs to "catch up".

Funny how that silly thread actually held some truth.

My take on cheating is simple, it's a reflection of one's character (or lack thereof). Cheating isn't the problem it's a solution to a problem from the mind of a disturbed person. As destructive as it may be to the community cheating is worse then character assination, it's character suicide minus the reprieve. I don't know if we should fear, puinish, or try to help such people, the latter being the most constructive and of course most difficult.

By the by here's a screenshot I'd asked about in a former thread which shows a clear discrepancy in software results. When surpassing numbers no system has seen in an attempt to break records, there's also bound to be some anomalies. The screenshot below exemplifies how inaccurate results can be in a science in which we expect accuracy, especially at extreme frequencies (relatively speaking)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GLD295FSB6368MBsAnomally.jpg 
Views:	1354 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	35685  
    Last edited by Liquid3D; 08-12-2005 at 05:27 AM.
    Q6600 (8x401FSB 1.28Vcore)
    2x FX-74
    Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
    Asus L1N64-SLI
    Corsair DDR3-1800 2GB
    Geil DDR2-800 4x1GB
    BFG 8800Ultra
    Leadtek 7950GX2 DD GX2
    Tuniq 1200W
    NZXT 1200W
    Storm WB 775
    2x Swiftech Microdrive Socket-L

Brilliant Idiot
    Kunaak I found a way to cheat prime 95 by accident im not going to post how or show a screenie but it is way to easy pm me for details please.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chew*
    Kunaak I found a way to cheat prime 95 by accident im not going to post how or show a screenie but it is way to easy pm me for details please.
    who would cheat at a program like prime95? Is that prog even declared a benchmark. I've always looked at prime95 as a stability tool only. That's like saying I hacked memtest86+ now my ram doesn't show errors even when the memory is erroring hard.
    Gigabyte Z68X UD3H-B3 | Intel Core i5 2500k | 2x4GB Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3-1600 | XFX Radeon HD5870 | Seasonic X760 | HT Omega Claro Halo XT| Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Samsung F3 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Samsung 2333T |

Xtreme Legend
    Now that's about as funny as what occured during the development of my Pat. Pending Singularity Frequency Booster. The software is based on the Special Theory of Relativity Time Dialation axiom. I reproduced (to the best of my ability) J.C. Hafele and R. E. Keating's Time Dilation experiment (Science 177, 166 (1972)).

The original experiment went as follows;

"During October, 1971, four cesium atomic beam clocks were flown on regularly scheduled commercial jet flights around the world twice, once eastward and once westward, to test Einstein's theory of relativity with macroscopic clocks. From the actual flight paths of each trip, the theory predicted that the flying clocks, compared with reference clocks at the U.S. Naval Observatory, should have lost 40+/-23 nanoseconds during the eastward trip and should have gained 275+/-21 nanoseconds during the westward trip ... Relative to the atomic time scale of the U.S. Naval Observatory, the flying clocks lost 59+/-10 nanoseconds during the eastward trip and gained 273+/-7 nanosecond during the westward trip, where the errors are the corresponding standard deviations. These results provide an unambiguous empirical resolution of the famous clock "paradox" with macroscopic clocks."
    My experiment involved two cats; Socrates (my cat) and a firends cat Plato. I used my Frequent Flyer miles to fly each :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: in an opposite direction around the world each with a Casio digital time piece on their collars. The test was rendered moot the first time when it was discovered Plato had taken an unscheduled tour of a Tokyo Brothel where he requested a "Massuse" dressed as Catwoman to give him a "flea bath." His indiscretion was only discovered after charges were found on my Mastercard to Feline Fetish Leather Shop, Naughty Natalies House of Oils, White Trash Limo Service and room service requesting a mini-bar filled with Cat Nip, Organic milk from Vermont and two disposable cameras which have not been found yet. Of course we couldn't make the numbers work which was our first indicator something was amiss...

On the second attempt my cat Socrates took it upon himself to adjust his Casio for Daylight Savings Time tyring to be helpful. Eventually the experiment worked and I wrote a program which basically reproduces the simultaneous effect on time in opposite directions. We basically trick the PC to run faster by giving it the impression it's being drawn into a Black Hole. The CPU panics and speeds up to save itself. The program will be avilaible soon as Freeware....
    Q6600 (8x401FSB 1.28Vcore)
    2x FX-74
    Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
    Asus L1N64-SLI
    Corsair DDR3-1800 2GB
    Geil DDR2-800 4x1GB
    BFG 8800Ultra
    Leadtek 7950GX2 DD GX2
    Tuniq 1200W
    NZXT 1200W
    Storm WB 775
    2x Swiftech Microdrive Socket-L

My own little world
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid3D
    Now that's about as funny as what occured during the development of my Pat. Pending Singularity Frequency Booster. The software is based on the Special Theory of Relativity Time Dialation axiom. I reproduced (to the best of my ability) J.C. Hafele and R. E. Keating's Time Dilation experiment (Science 177, 166 (1972)).

The original experiment went as follows;

My experiment involved two cats; Socrates (my cat) and a firends cat Plato. I used my Frequent Flyer miles to fly each :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: in an opposite direction around the world each with a Casio digital time piece on their collars. The test was rendered moot the first time when it was discovered Plato had taken an unscheduled tour of a Tokyo Brothel where he requested a "Massuse" dressed as Catwoman to give him a "flea bath." His indiscretion was only discovered after charges were found on my Mastercard to Feline Fetish Leather Shop, Naughty Natalies House of Oils, White Trash Limo Service and room service requesting a mini-bar filled with Cat Nip, Organic milk from Vermont and two disposable cameras which have not been found yet. Of course we couldn't make the numbers work which was our first indicator something was amiss...

On the second attempt my cat Socrates took it upon himself to adjust his Casio for Daylight Savings Time tyring to be helpful. Eventually the experiment worked and I wrote a program which basically reproduces the simultaneous effect on time in opposite directions. We basically trick the PC to run faster by giving it the impression it's being drawn into a Black Hole. The CPU panics and speeds up to save itself. The program will be avilaible soon as Freeware....
    You really are Rather strange... But hey, it's all good
    Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Member
    Its just sad when you cheat.. When it are real results you feel happy bout it when people compliment you bout it.. I dont think you have the same with cheating tho...
    Bench System:

CPU:Intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8Ghz @ 3.4Ghz
    CPU:Intel core 2 duo E6400 Conroe Batch L629A7XX
    CPU:Intel core 2 quad Q9400 2.66Ghz @ 3.0Ghz
    MOBO:Asus P5Q Pro
    RAM:Corssair 2x1 GB PC6400 DDR2-800
    RAM:Corssair 2x2 GB PC6400 DDR2-800
    RAM:Avexir DDR2-1066 w/ Handpicked Elpida's
    VGA:Asus GTX 560 1GB
    HD: Westerdigital 160GB SATA
    HD: Westerdigital 500GB SATA
    PSU:Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W

Xtreme Member
    Cheat with memtest and DFI Lanparty Nf4

If you use 120/200, 140/200 or 180/200 ratio for memory, memtest will show the FSB and not the real frequency..

Cooling : Waterchiller, Cascade and ~100L LN²
    Hardware : Many things !

Xtreme Member

hack

lol, after reading the first post I put the slomo hack to the test. Lol. SOOOoo unbelievably cheap. worked like a charm on 3dMark 03. Used an old prog I keep to play all those cpu speed based games that run at the speed of light on a modern day comp. Lol, a 9800XT and barton core just beat Kinc. YAY FOR THE WORLD RECORD!! lol. if only it were legit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hack.JPG 
Views:	1234 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	40290  
    Last edited by BlueWonder; 11-23-2005 at 03:05 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yaaaaaaaahhhh

http://users.tpg.com.au/weigner/wtf.PNG

goooo the banias

Xtreme Addict
    nice guide! Thanks
    Main Rig: Intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz, 64GB of memory, 512GB m.2 SSD, nVidia GTX1080Ti
    NAS: QNAP TVS-1282, 8 x 4TB WD Golds(Main Storage Pool), 4 x 960GB M4 Crucial (VM Storage) , 2 x 512GB M.2 Caching
    Private Cloud: 4 Nodes (2 x Xeon 5645, 48GB DDR3 ECC/REG, 1 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 960GB SSD/Each)
    Distributed Encoding Cloud: 4 Nodes (2 x Xeon x5690, 24GB DDR3 ECC/REG, 1 x 128GB SSD/Each)
    Feedback
    EBAY:HEAT

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have found from personal experience that Futuremark detects my system about 99% of the time with accuracy based on what I set in the bios. It gets the 1% wrong when I enable Intel's EIST function to "minimum" in bios and misinterprets the multiplyer on the cpu.
    Signature? are you kidding? with new stuff coming out every day, why bother ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam
    Thx for the more understandable syntax Kunaak, it helps

BTW, your faked SuperPi shot is funny--> An 18s SuperPi WOW, man, what kind of knocked out system would you need to get THAT in real life.

EDIT: Though Kunaak, I appreciate, as we all do, stuff on programs that CAN be cheated, are there any 3rd party programs that are more reliable/credible then those listed above (I mean as an alternative to CPUZ, etc).

Perkam
    We'll see those kind of speeds when they go to diminds to replace silicon. Speeds like that are impossible even military wise. 32ghz was it. lol On one of those faked cpuz shots. Only diminds can make those kind of cpu speeds realisticly it would be easaly 3 times that. To the future!!!

Brilliant Idiot
    prime and sp2004 are both vulnerable to this and its just to easy. Always request a pi 32m along with prime or someone might pull one of these. Be especially aware when people try to sell you a cpu.

heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Member
    i have heard from somewhere u can cheat on Prime too!

DFI SLI-DR Expert (12/5/06)
    AMD Opteron 170 (CCB1E 0550 VPMW)
    2 x 1GB Team Xtreem PC4000 Samsung UCCC
    Enermax Liberty 620W
    Sparkle 6800GT 420/1050
    Storm G4 Waterblock, MCW55, MCP655 Pump, Dangerden Asus AN8 Chipset Block
    Radiical Radiator
    LG Burner
    2x Seagate 200GB SATAII HD @ RAID 0
    CM Stacker

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    SP2004 and Prime 95 are both exceptionally weak indicators of cheat free stability testing. for instance I can run prime 95 for a hour, so it looks legit, then make it look like it ran for 3 days... with no real effort at all.

the only programmer, that really takes my advice, is Wizzard.
    in Systool, the iterations are so close, that even one fluctuation, screws up the even-ness of the results, and then become obvious that they were tamperd with.
    WIzzard and CPUZ, and SNQ are about the only people that actually take my advice when I give it.
    other programmers seem to work with me, then wimp out at the last second, claiming "no one will go for online verification"...

but look at CPUZ...
    if it helps prove something, and is easy, people will do it.
    I just seem to get alot of programmer, who want half hearted attempts of cheat free stuff... then give up.

SNQ (the makers of Super Pi-Mod) CPUZ and Wizzard, have all been a joy to work with however, cause they actually take my advice and build on it.
    I am just glad someone gives a damn

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cmay119
    who would cheat at a program like prime95? Is that prog even declared a benchmark. I've always looked at prime95 as a stability tool only. That's like saying I hacked memtest86+ now my ram doesn't show errors even when the memory is erroring hard.
    Well this days almost every cpu you see in ebay shows a prime/sp2004 screenshot showing "3ghz 24h stable". So making it show 24h in only 1 REAL hour is a way of cheating. One of the worst, as they cheat people's money
    i7 2600k @4500 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 | Gskill 2x4096Mb 2133Mhz | 4x2TB WD Green RAID10 | OCZ Vertex3 120Gb | 2x AMD 6950 @ Stock
    Benq 24" TN | Samsung LE46C630 "2nd" Monitor | Enermax NAXN ENP850EWT | Corsair 800D Case | Corsair H60 | Logitech G9x + Wireless Solar K750

Xtreme Member
    i accidently cheated SP2004 when i reset my bios and changed the date to current date. it changed to 200+ days stable, lol. nice to see SP2004 Beta fixed it.

Intel Q6600 G0
    DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS
    4gb GSkill PC8000 PQ
    XFX 7800GT 256mb
    320gb Seagate SATA
    2x 750gb WD SATA
    NEC 3550a DVD-RW
    Toshiba DVD-ROM
    Dell 2005fpw Ultrasharp
    TT Big Typhoon + Silverstone FM121 120mm
    Antec Super Lan Boy

Xtreme Member