Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Modstream Pics

Xtreme Member
    ocz, your psus seriously rock, and this modstream is another great innovation i'd love to take advantage of, but PLEASE leave out the leds. i can't stand glowing hardware parts, and i guess i'm not the only one with that oppinion. what about doing two versions, a normal one and a christmas-tree-glowing-edition?
    Last edited by NicoOCZ; 12-06-2004 at 09:39 AM.
    Problems with your OCZ product? Please drop me a mail or a PM and we'll solve it
    Du bevorzugst Support auf Deutsch? Hier geht's zum deutschen OCZ Support Forum.

Xtreme Member
    Yeh I'm not down with the glowing components either

But really, overclockers have got Powerstream and case modders/gamers will have Modstream, so maybe a 120mm fan Powerstream would do the trick
    | 2.4C | IC7-G | G-Skill GH | 6800LE | S12 600W | Viewsonic 171B-2 | 3DMark '03 '05 |
    | MM U2-UFO | Swifttech Storm | DD Maze4 Chrome | DD12V-D5 | Thermochill HE120.3 |

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemone
    Only killer for me was no active PFC on the US version.

Otherwise I'd have one now.

So Europe version goes with Active PFC??

I didn't knew that

Xtreme Cruncher
    if only every company had customer support like ocz...and if only every company actually listened to their customers.

but...not many people care about customer satisfaction...money is sadly the bottom line everywhere.
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Addict
    The big issue , is the overall cost would go up to make a glowing and non glowing version , as we only make about 30,000 PSU at a time right now.

If you guys convince 30 thousand of your best freinds to buy these psus a month , we can maybe start getting not lighted versions out :-)
    OCZ employee and proud of it.
    If you have actually personaly experienced a problem with a OCZ product that was not solved quickly by our wonderful support staff I would like to know. Feel free to PM
    Thanks

I am overclocked!

"Posted on Mar 30, 2005 at 1:35 AM by StormGod
    In soviet Russia memory overvolts you! "

Xtreme Addict
    I smell a review

How about giving XS one to take a look at? Not sure who does the reviewing but I think OPP would be up to it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b|gf|sh
    Yeh I'm not down with the glowing components either

But really, overclockers have got Powerstream and case modders/gamers will have Modstream, so maybe a 120mm fan Powerstream would do the trick
    not 100% agree. i'm fine with silent 80mm fans in psus (which is possible, check be quiet! psus). if ocz would ask me, i'd want a non-glowing powerstream with the wiring/cabling abilities of a modstream
    Problems with your OCZ product? Please drop me a mail or a PM and we'll solve it

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpgroovy
    The big issue , is the overall cost would go up to make a glowing and non glowing version , as we only make about 30,000 PSU at a time right now.

If you guys convince 30 thousand of your best freinds to buy these psus a month , we can maybe start getting not lighted versions out :-)
    ryan,

considering the powerstream being made for overclocking freaks and the modstream for - guess what- case modders, why does the powerstream have to glow aswell? the usual case modder loves all the kinky bright shining lights, but i doubt he gives too much on an extremely powerful psu. on the other hand, the usual overclocker tends to not give a sh*t about leds, at least in my oppinion.. if we look on the ram market for example, i see corsair with it's glowing PRO rams. i never read or heard that these are selling better than the non-PRO rams because of it's shiny leds. imho power users want power, not leds

Xtreme Member
    Is there any way to take out the LED out of the back of the Powerstream?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brum Man
    Is there any way to take out the LED out of the back of the Powerstream?
    well, i haven't had the luck to get my hands on a powerstream yet, but as far as i know it's a led fan. you could either cut off the leds or replace the fan, guess i don't need to tell you that you'll void your warranty either way

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gkiing
    I smell a review

How about giving XS one to take a look at? Not sure who does the reviewing but I think OPP would be up to it.
    looking forward to it

Xtreme Member
    I got my 520W Modstream yesterday its a great performer and it's price will be quite resonable too gj OCZ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	20694  

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicness
    not 100% agree. i'm fine with silent 80mm fans in psus (which is possible, check be quiet! psus). if ocz would ask me, i'd want a non-glowing powerstream with the wiring/cabling abilities of a modstream
    Seems like you'll have a bunch of different "customizable" power supplies real soon here...
    http://www.xoxide.com/superflower-tt...n-450w-ps.html

Lighting looks to be via the fan so a simple fan swap should give you any color(or no color) you'd like.

Xtreme Gentoo User
    PSU's with LED's don't appeal to me. I just have one cathode and LED fans and that suits me fine.

Xtreme Cruncher
    led's only look good if you know what youre doing and ur not colorblind. ive seen so many cases that look like rainbows....terrible.
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very sexy I could definitely see that appealing to many people. Nice work yet again OCZ.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt
    ive seen so many cases that look like rainbows....terrible.
    What, I have no idea what you're talking about
    Last edited by HiJon89; 12-12-2004 at 12:26 PM.

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

3DMark05: 12308
    3DMark03: 25820

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i don't like the greenish fan on the powerstream either. that and the fact that no shop here in germany has any for sale right now keeps me from buying one.

/edit found a guy that sold me his... wohoo
    Last edited by sky; 12-14-2004 at 12:09 PM.
    sky / s!p - we are oldskool, dammit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234