Thread: NEO2 Platinum & 3700EB problems

NEO2 Platinum & 3700EB problems

I'm having hard time to achieve anything over ~260MHz with my 2x512MB 3700EB on NEO2 Platinum. I'm using OCZ DDR Booster (tested 2.9V-3.3V) and I've used 3-2-2-5 and 3-3-2-8 settings. But the max frequency is always ~260MHz.

I've tried 1.36b and 1.41b BIOS using 3700EB in slots 1&2 and the booster in slot 4 and also 3700EB in slots 3&4 and the booster in slot 2.

Are there 3700EB with two kinds of IC's? I bought mine ~3 months ago.

Any tips or should I change these for Geil Ultra-X TCCD?

Anyone? Some people have been getting 280++ results with 3700EB.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    welcome to XtremeSystems

some even got 300 or higher, but thats good sticks... it could be that your memory wont go any higher...
    what you can do is lower vdimm and see what the max stable speed is. if less vdimm results in the same oc then its not the memory limiting you, if less vdimm gives you a lower oc then its the memory wich is just maxed out...

is it an older neo2? what nb stepping week?
    and why geil ultra-x tccd? from what ive seen all tccd performs pretty much the same...

Xtreme Member
    You might wanna try giving it a few more volts, if they are anything like my eb then you are going to need 3.5v to get 270 or higher. Besides that, some k8n neo2 boards do not like eb so you possibly could have one of those. Another thing you might wanna try is to lower your multi to like 6 and then go up with the eb and max it out. Plus most the people you see with high fsb eb is using 1 single stick, therefore making it easier to hit higher speeds. Give me some feedback as to how things go.
    C2D E6600 week 25, cooled by Scythe Mine, on EVGA 680i T1 (P28), 2x1gb OCZ PC8000, EVGA 8800GTS

Thanks for the advice, my neo2 is K0409, almost 0410 so it's not the oldest batch.

I'll be testing more tomorrow with low multi and high vdimm, I'll use an extra fan for the booster&3700EB.

I wonder if the CPU (3000+ Winchester) could be the limiting factor? I'm using it @ 2600MHz 1.79V (can't get more vcore) with +15-20C watercooling.I've heard that some of the a64 can't handle tight latency settings with high mem frequencies.

If that's not the case, I'm going to change these (in 2 weeks) for new ocz voltmaster memory. I hope they work fine with neo2.

Xtreme Member
    I got the exact same combination 'now' (3200+ winnie and msi k8n neo2) + 3700eb... but no booster...

But no vmod so i havent gone much over 255MHz.. but laters with vdimm mod i can tell u how it will work for me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I couldn't even get beyond the rated 233 at 3-2-3-8 with my EB on my Neo2, even at 2.85v. I wouldn't even always run Pifast stable at that speed. So I followed the crowd and bought a gig of patriot 3200 XBL and now I'm at 265HTTx10 with 2.5-3-3-7 1T timings at the same voltage. I'll easily sell the EB on so I'm not too bothered about the forking out, infact the Patriot is actually very good value for money!
    £58.73 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits