Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Orientation - Have a question? Ask here!

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowing
    I try too. But I don't know that much.
    You were one of those helpful ones I was speaking of! Keep it up!

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Will a high end video card make a big difference in output. I want to know because if it makes a big difference, than I might think about upgrading this one.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by moddolicous
    Will a high end video card make a big difference in output. I want to know because if it makes a big difference, than I might think about upgrading this one.
    Won't help at all...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by moddolicous
    yea if you are hungry for more cands you should invest in a better CPU, if understand right this progg loves high end procs and tight mem timings

XS D2OL & RAM News
    Yeah, a nice fast processor, even an AXP doesn't do half bad, since I'm running on and it doesn't do half bad lol. Yeah if you want more cans, get a higher end processor or just overclock more

jjcom

XS News
    How much can an overclocked FX-55 do?

If only I can set up my other rig...stupid Linux.

XS D2OL & RAM News
    Quite a few would be my guess, how big of an overclock

jjcom

XS News
    Like 100%. I'm guessing a LOT!!

XS D2OL & RAM News
    Someone awhile back I think was using an FX-53 and they figured out how many aday they were doing...something like 200 I believe...or was 250...I can't remember

jjcom

XS News
    Candidates? Cause that's a lot!!! Man, I'd love to get my other rig up. But stupid gkrellm isn't detecting temps...

Xtreme Member
    OK,I got a question that I havn't seen the answer for.I installed it on a twin amd setup. I installed 2 instances of D2Q in different folders. it seems that only 1 is starting.WHAT did I do wrong? I've looked and looked but the instructions for a twin setup are not very clear.(Glad I'm not tring to do it on a linux system!)

XS D2OL & RAM News
    sounds like its trying to run both on CPU0 rather than D2OL on CPU0 and D2OLa on CPU1. Not really quite sure how to make it run correctly everyboot up. Can you move the task to the other processor

jjcom

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Did u use Rodzilla's easy installer? Did u install it in 2 differernt places (ie C: and C:/new folder) or something like that. The twin amd, is it opteron or just xp?

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Member
    Twin xp. I installed in C and in D,OK got them running.
    I'm just gonna run this system to see what it's like. May convert more over later,just depends on how things work with it.The twin Op's will stay on fad.Just ordered parts for 6 twin intel systems.It all depends on how things run with it
    Last edited by Plum Ugly; 01-29-2005 at 09:04 PM. Reason: add more info

XSDCMF
    Welcome to the team, Plum! I noticed your name in the Free-DC stats site; coming in at team member position 110.

Not sure who 109 is, but welcome to you, too.

Scott
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

XS D2OL & RAM News
    hey, could you try out D2OL on your dual Opteron? No big deal if you can't, a few questions have come up lately about how many cans one of those can do

thanks
    jjcom

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum Ugly
    Twin xp. I installed in C and in D,OK got them running.
    I'm just gonna run this system to see what it's like. May convert more over later,just depends on how things work with it.The twin Op's will stay on fad.Just ordered parts for 6 twin intel systems.It all depends on how things run with it
    What did you do to solve it? Maybe it can help someone else in the future?

Xtreme Member
    I renamed the second install icon in the startup folder. I must say there's not much info on setting up a twin install that I could find.I didn't use the script install because of the troubles I read about on the D2Q forums and the common team install. WOW what a mess!!!! That made me a bit leary of installing D2Q,The way The D2Q management and mods re acted to your posts makes me wonder about the commitment on their part.NOT KOOL!!!
    Anyway when I installed the second node it replaced the first nodes icon in the startup folder.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum Ugly
    I renamed the second install icon in the startup folder. I must say there's not much info on setting up a twin install that I could find.I didn't use the script install because of the troubles I read about on the D2Q forums and the common team install. WOW what a mess!!!! That made me a bit leary of installing D2Q,The way The D2Q management and mods re acted to your posts makes me wonder about the commitment on their part.NOT KOOL!!!
    Anyway when I installed the second node it replaced the first nodes icon in the startup folder.
    D2Q? you mean D2OL?

If so I think you are referring to this thread?
    http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...c;f=7;t=000726

This issue has been resolved and only applied to the community account installers. It's perfectly safe to use them... that applies to the personal node installers as well.

If you are worried about any lack of support from using the installers, Don't worry. As for kb9skw's comments at the end of the thread... He doesn’t represent D2OL... He's a member of team Ars Technica and I know for a fact that my installer has been used there...

He cannot act without prodigious being he is on a team that is soon to be steam rolled by XS

So fear not about support... There is more than enough knowledge here so that you will never need to touch the official D2OL boards. And if you must seek help at the D2Ol forums you will get help. There not going to refuse to support there own app. That would just be silly.

Xtreme Member
    sorry,I meant D2OL. I'm not worried about support here,I meant being a newbie to D2OL and reading the responce from the D2OL admin made me think of the old UD days.Sorta like shut up an don't bother us.
    I was researching info on the program there as I did here.The better I understand it the better I can make it work per system.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    I have a problem. I try to manually update D2OL, and it says that it has an error connecting to the server. I'll wait the 6hours and see if that changes. Any ideas y?

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    I tried connecting a couple hours ago and got the same thing. Looks like the servers are down atm.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I tried connecting a couple hours ago and got the same thing. Looks like the servers are down atm.
    I confirm this... I have buffers!

XSDCMF
    Well hopefully it will be down less than 24 hours, better yet, much less.

I have 500 on each machine, 600 on some. That is at least 3 days worth, but I worry about others, who may have not heeded the advice to get at least 200...
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

^^Not dead!!^^
    If it's not up in a couple hours It will definitely be up in the morning. Unless Jeff melted another D2OL server

Jeff!!!!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast