Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Orientation - Have a question? Ask here!

XS News
    Apparently, I can't download the One-shot Installer. Is there any difference between that and the "original" installers?

^^Not dead!!^^
    I downloaded one just fine... check your url...

http://www.adventurevision.com/ftp/Rodzilla/XSsoft.htm

XS News
    Thx for all the help. I finally downloaded it and am currently in the team.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Happy to be of Service! Drop us a line if you need anything else!

Xtreme Member
    sry if this has already been asked but when i reboot my machine do i loose any work that isnt finished? cuz i had finished like 3 (lol) out of the 200 tasks i downloaded then i rebooted and it downloaded 3 more tasks to send it back up to 200 tasks completed went down to 0. did i loose those 3 tasks?

sry for the noobness

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    Nope, completed candidates are uploaded every 6hrs or upon a re-boot. The only work that gets lost is conformers. There are 20 conformers in a candidate and if you are on the 18th conformer when you reboot... you loose all 18. It's not a terribly big thing if you are running anything quicker than a 1.5GHz CPU... but if you are running a 500MHz CPU... you may want to wait for those two conformers to finish.

(and don't worry... we were all D2OL noobs in the beginning!)

Xtreme Member
    awsome! and i didnt quite get how it all fit together "conformers" "canidates" and the like n now i do! thanks alot

Xtreme Member
    oh sry another question lol i have this loaded on my gaming rig and its the its rodzillas version so it runs as a service. im not quite sure but i think i see a slight slowdown in half life 2 what do i have to do to pause or stop the proggy while i game? in the services manager theres 2 services that i can pause X-d2ol and ddaddy. but in the task manager theres dockwin, d2ol and d2ol daddy can i just end task on all of these and not loose all my canidates that havent been uploaded? also if i shutdown a comp and i dont connect to the internet will it save my finished canidates to the HD, since they wont get a chance to upload on shutdown.

this is the last one i promise!

Thanks

XS News
    Well. I dunno about this. But I'm planning to use D2OL on both my comp. Do I first run the Install on the other comp., register it, then click add node in my account? Or how do i add it?

Xtreme Member
    yeah if u went to the site and registered with an email then when u load the client type that email in when it asks u and goto the site and log in u will then see a list of nodes that can be added (in this case just one the one u just loaded) hit add node n ur good to go.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmonk010
    yeah if u went to the site and registered with an email then when u load the client type that email in when it asks u and goto the site and log in u will then see a list of nodes that can be added (in this case just one the one u just loaded) hit add node n ur good to go.
    You are correct!!!

oh sry another question lol i have this loaded on my gaming rig and its the its rodzillas version so it runs as a service. im not quite sure but i think i see a slight slowdown in half life 2 what do i have to do to pause or stop the proggy while i game? in the services manager theres 2 services that i can pause X-d2ol and ddaddy. but in the task manager theres dockwin, d2ol and d2ol daddy can i just end task on all of these and not loose all my canidates that havent been uploaded? also if i shutdown a comp and i dont connect to the internet will it save my finished canidates to the HD, since they wont get a chance to upload on shutdown.

this is the last one i promise!

Thanks
    If you want to stop the agent from running you should stop the XS_D2OL service... don't worry about the DDaddy... it's just D2OL Daddy...

I'm not sure what will happen if you just kill the task without stopping the services... I've done it before... But I would recommend stopping the service and then killing the DockWin.exe (or GridWin.exe... which ever is running at the time) When you stop the service the D2OL.exe process will stop running. If GridWin.exe is running it will not stop until it finishes all 20 Conformers... unless you terminate the task in the task manager.

Every time your Agent finishes 20 conformers it will take the best candidate from that set and save it to your completed work queue... Every 6 hrs they will automatically be uploaded... if you restart the agent they will also be uploaded.

It's perfectly fine to restart without an internet connection... your results will be saved until they are uploaded... ie you hit your 6hr mark and have a network connection.

Xtreme Member
    cool, thanks a ton rodzilla, im all set up n running just have to join the team tomorrow. currently running 4 nodes (only 1 24/7 ) but that will soon change with dual xeons on the way

thanks again

^^Not dead!!^^
    cool, thanks a ton rodzilla, im all set up n running just have to join the team tomorrow. currently running 4 nodes (only 1 24/7 ) but that will soon change with dual xeons on the way

thanks again
    Are you getting a Dual Xeon 1.6GHz LV setup?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzilla
    Are you getting a Dual Xeon 1.6GHz LV setup?
    hehehe yup! well ive been looking for a new project since my gaming rig is finally pretty much finished n jeffs guide just put me right over the edge. matched pair of 1.3volt 1.6ghz d1 stepping xeons on there way from ebay

^^Not dead!!^^
    Sweet!!!

Maybe you should get 2 of those rigs... you know... for good measure.

Xtreme Member
    shhhhh! dont temp me! lol we'll have to seen what kinda dent 1 puts in my bank account first

^^Not dead!!^^
    Ya know... if you can afford 2.. then why not three?

Xtreme Member
    Ya know... if you can afford 2.. then why not three?
    lmao, do u have one? u must seeing as ur 3rd in the stats, is it as totally awsome as i think it is or better! i cant wait

^^Not dead!!^^
    Nope... I'm not running one of these... i do have a dual 2.0GHz Xeon rig... but it's not O/C'd or anything special... My P4E @ 3.7GHz beats that...

I mainly run a butt load of mid range > high end PCs

I have a set of these chips... I just need to start buying parts to finish it. Then I'll be making a run at Jeff! And running away from Serlv

Xtreme Member
    sweet, maybe in a couple years ill catch up lol

^^Not dead!!^^
    I've only been at this for 101 days exactly... I registered on 10/10/04. So it’s possible to climb up the stats pretty hard and fast! You just gotta commit to it!

Xtreme Mentor
    yea you just have to have the computing power!

Xtreme Member
    I've only been at this for 101 days exactly... I registered on 10/10/04. So it’s possible to climb up the stats pretty hard and fast! You just gotta commit to it!
    hmm in that case u may have a lil competition on ur hands

XS News
    LOL. I dunno if I'll catch up that fast... I only have one.

I could have two, but does anyone know how to install it in Linux?

XS D2OL & RAM News
    theres an installer for it on the offical D2OL site. I haven't used it myself, since its too big for me to download (unless its at night) since I have dial up. The site has the instructions so that should help you out.

jjcom

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast