Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: Autocascade Drawings

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeXE
    I would start new competition on 1 of April and end on 1 of September. 6 months of fun :p I must talk about that with Jinu and Runmc.

Of course, CO2 will be ! It must !

only problem is with each autocascade compertition only a handful enter and only 1-3 actually get them working and holding load
    We should have our first cascade comp using small compressors.
    couple 1/3hp units or 1/2hp and tune to 250w
    Specially with quad core cpus, and 8 cores around the corner

also if we look at even the single stage comp, baxz is the only one with a finished entry,little sad really.
    Last edited by kayl; 02-21-2007 at 11:20 PM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    I would love to try a standard 2 stage cascade competition as I plan on building a unit around two 1/3HP Embraco compressors, everyone says it can't be done but I want to give it a shot. Another AutoC competition would be fun though but considerably more difficult, I'm going to experiment with an AutoC next month. Learned a lot from reading this thread, keep talking guys

edit: CO2 as the 2nd stage gas would be perfect also as I can't even find a supplier of R1150 in Atlanta, all the places say they haven't stocked it in years

HVAC/R Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by gomeler
    I would love to try a standard 2 stage cascade competition as I plan on building a unit around two 1/3HP Embraco compressors, everyone says it can't be done but I want to give it a shot. Another AutoC competition would be fun though but considerably more difficult, I'm going to experiment with an AutoC next month. Learned a lot from reading this thread, keep talking guys

edit: CO2 as the 2nd stage gas would be perfect also as I can't even find a supplier of R1150 in Atlanta, all the places say they haven't stocked it in years
    Air gas has R1150 and they have a place outside atlanta I think...
    Order a small bottle.
    I have a working -105C cascade at 265 watts cooling that is using two 1/3 hp tecumsehs I have also a working cascade at 200 watts at -90c made with two 1/4 hp compressors. IT is all in the tuning... the HX has to be perfect and you cant use a captube of it will not tolerate large fluxuations in load.
    I am working on a 24Vac controller for an electronic TXV for cascade use... this will allow you to have a fully adjustable first and second stage.. tune on the fly ..

HVAC/R Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly1
    Order a small bottle.
    I have a working -105C cascade at 265 watts cooling that is using two 1/3 hp tecumsehs I have also a working cascade at 200 watts at -90c made with two 1/4 hp compressors. IT is all in the tuning... the HX has to be perfect and you cant use a captube of it will not tolerate large fluxuations in load.
    I am working on a 24Vac controller for an electronic TXV for cascade use... this will allow you to have a fully adjustable first and second stage.. tune on the fly ..
    O forgot to mention th -105C is a factory unit used to dehumidify air ina process machine.. however teh chamber works fine to chill alchol to -90c and at 3 liters it takes about 2 hours to get there.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly1
    Order a small bottle.
    I'll have to continue my search, I've only checked 2 distributors within the perimeter. That eletronic TXV sounds like fun but sounds expensive, I'll have to stick with more common metering devices. Thanks for the heads up!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoddemFX

Jurgen,

If you use KJ/Kg and use with suction gas density (Kg/m^3) then it's the same thing as you're saying (KJ/m^3) well you used litre but still same thing. Like you said it's the units the data is actually usefull in as a very simple refrigerant comparison, NoL asked about latent heat of vapourisation (KJ/Kg) not the net effect

Tom
    I know but lot's of people here say "refrigerant A has a latent heat of 200 kJ/kg and refrigerant B has a latent heat of 100kJ/kg so refrigerant A is better" As long as density isn't taken into consideration kJ/kg doesn't say anything about how the substance will work as a refrigerant. I know that you know this but since lots of people don't I mentioned it for clarity (and because I'm a pain in the *ss probably )

-150c Club Member
    Does anyone know a number or preferably an email to get a quote from Air Gas or Air Liquide for r1150 in small quantities? (Preferably less then 20 pounds)

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516