Thread: niko's evap units

niko's evap units

http://mitglied.lycos.de/mnaumer/eva/IM000182.jpg
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/mnaumer/eva/eva4.JPG

guys,
    have you tried/heard tried this block?
    a german pal (NikolauZi) builds and sells it( bottom of page > http://www.phase-change.com/phpBB2/v...t=362&start=15). Looks good to me but i am a newbie and im aware of that :banana4:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    niggo posted them here before, around half a year or more ago.
    oh, and it is actually loewe's evap design and nikolauzi "just" had them manufactured
    sky / s!p - we are oldskool, dammit.

so what do you think about its performance pal?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=142
    looks good. Are those chanels not too smal, im jost a noob so i guess chilli or other big guys can tell u

Has anyone else been able to try out these evaporater blocks? I'm looking at purchaseing one, and would like to know abit about the product i'm about to buy. Heck, even if you haven't actually used it, but you have some thoughts on how it's designed that'd be great too.

It seems that the fellow here ( http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=142 ) has rather high temperatures for a phase setup and such a large compresser. Could this possibly be because of the evaporator?
    Last edited by Scout255; 11-01-2004 at 09:54 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    for one thing, the maze design is a little outdated, sort of. the baker evaps used to have something of a maze design, but nothing quite like this. the overall time the refrigerant stays in the evap is pretty high, which is good - after all that's what the notches were for, lengthen the way and the time used for that distance. but this evap has very little mass it seems. i'd rather have it a bit more solid (iykwim). anyway, with diamonddogs selfmade system.. well notice what biggie condensor he's using? way to big if you ask me. half the size would work the same, if not better. also who knows how balanced or "measured" his charge is?.. i think the system shown at madshrimps lacks somewhat in that area.
    the evap itself is ok, but to be honest, that evap is also pretty wide, like it was made for an older set of chips - iirc that design is at least 1.5yrs old, if not older, so with shrinking dies and all it might not be optimized for todays prozessors - notice chillys or bakers evaps.

this is in no way meant to discredit that evap, but i think - depending on what load and temps @ load you are aiming for, other evaps might better suit your needs.

just my

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    but doesn't like the mass of the copper help with the stability of temps?
    Level 80 UD Death Knight on Murmur (Beta)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bh2k
    but doesn't like the mass of the copper help with the stability of temps?
    well to answer your question, yes it does. that's why i was thinking this loewe evap will not be as good, as others, named in my quote. this evap has a bit of mass, but too bad it is not exactly where we need it. a bit more solid straight above the core would be better. right as it is, it cools parts where there's actually nothing to cool. in the ideal world we'd probably have an evap that has an effective size of about that of an actual die, plus a little bit to the sides (the sidewalls of that evap). well that's basically what i was trying to say with this:

Quote Originally Posted by sky
    ... but this evap has very little mass it seems. i'd rather have it a bit more solid (iykwim)...
    ...the evap itself is ok, but to be honest, that evap is also pretty wide, like it was made for an older set of chips - iirc that design is at least 1.5yrs old, if not older, so with shrinking dies and all it might not be optimized for todays prozessors - notice chillys or bakers evaps...

just found this thread ;-)
    well, dies are shrinking.. but think of the now upcoming dualcore cpus. and you can assamble this one also to your gpu without losing too much space ;-)

greets,
    niko
    My Tea-Kwon-do teacher told me: Your arms and legs, your head, knees and your feet are dangerous weapons, because of that, be careful, I am armed and dangerous!

Xtreme Member
    I have two of them that I'm preparing for Dual-evap system to cool my dual xeon rig

Will post some results when finished.
    ->Dual 2.8 Xeon * PC-DL Dlx * 2gb Kingston DDR400 * Connect3D X850Pro@XTPE
    HEATWARE

did u finish the sys?
    My Tea-Kwon-do teacher told me: Your arms and legs, your head, knees and your feet are dangerous weapons, because of that, be careful, I am armed and dangerous!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolauZi
    did u finish the sys?
    Not yet m8...
    No time at the moment, but the two evaps are brazed with suction lines and cap tubes allready.
    I have enclosures for them too, made by me.
    Will see if I can take some pics in the weekend.

Regards!
    HEATWARE

yeah, some pix would be nice :-)

niggo

Xtreme Member
    Hey Nikolauzi...

Irgendwie hatte ich Deine eMail mit der Tel. Nr. geloescht. Bitte sende mir diese nochmal kurz zu und ich werde mich bei Dir melden.

(Timo Minx von X2)

Danke!
    Last edited by placebo; 11-21-2005 at 03:02 PM.
    wer anderen eine grube gräbt der hat ein gruben grab gerät!!

If you got scammed by Lestat HWL (Justin), see this thread ASAP!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by placebo
    Hey Nikolauzi...

Irgendwie hatte ich Deine eMail mit der Tel. Nr. geloescht. Bitte sende mir diese nochmal kurz zu und ich werde mich bei Dir melden.

(Hier ist Timo Minx von X2)

Danke!
    Pegou moda esta merda de andar a escrever em posts públicos de maneira a que só alguns entendam...

É com cada cromo...
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratax
    Pegou moda esta merda de andar a escrever em posts públicos de maneira a que só alguns entendam...

É com cada cromo...
    Yep, I didn't expect nothing less!

Xtreme Member
    Well, I was joking a bit with this situation because is the thirth time today I must use a translator to read a post and that's anoying.
    That was more anoying when I discover that the info on the post was useless for me and off-topic...

Please avoid make personal like comments in public, mainly when they are in a language different from english, because major part of us will not understand.

Sorry for the off-topic, and sorry for mine above post.

on-topic again: Pics are promised
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratax
    Well, I was joking a bit with this situation because is the thirth time today I must use a translator to read a post and that's anoying.
    That was more anoying when I discover that the info on the post was useless for me and off-topic...

Please avoid make personal like comments in public, mainly when they are in a language different from english, because major part of us will not understand.

Sorry for the off-topic, and sorry for mine above post.

on-topic again: Pics are promised
    You need a hug???

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by placebo
    You need a hug???
    hehe
    HEATWARE

-100c Club Member
    Bit old thread heh.
    I don't see why this evap will work not work good. And temp mentioned on the thread is actually quite good considering heatload put into it. (300W? if it is real heatload damn impressive over all).
    As for mass of copper, Up to certain point it will help but surface contacting area plays heavy role on capacity too. In this evap one advantage would be that all channels are close to heatspreader unlike spiral or stepper design.
    one disadvantage could be that this evap might have problem of flooding the chambers most likely and evaporatation pressure preventing smooth flow of refrigerant under certain heatload and tuning. Of course, all these are conjectures and nothing more based on looking at the design. Only way to find out is to put it into system and test it up. As for temperature mentioned on the link, I wouldn't worry about windows temperature as they tend to be all over place depending on CPU, mobo, etc (even worse back in time of AXP). But that 300W 30c sounds really good to me (now how was the 300W measured is questionable in my book as usual :P)
    The design seems like really good choice for gpu evaporator due to dimension and way it is setup though and could be great alternative on GPU side of story. For CPU side, I don't think mounting it will be too friendly especially with insulation for user end (gotta see how people designed mounting on this for confirmation).
    One thing for sure, more designs on this place can't hurt. More we try more we find out what works and what works better.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Member
    Some pics before the promised weekend

Please visit this thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...91#post1152791
    HEATWARE