Thread: to those who lapped XP-90 POST RESULTS!

Xtreme Member

to those who lapped XP-90 POST RESULTS!

im getting an xp-90 tommorow, from reviews i have noticed it has a bunch of concentric circles on it... i also notice it is nickel plated.. which is allright cause that helps against tarnish.. anyways would lapping it all the way to the point where its just copper and the nickel is gone be good?

to those who have done this: what were the temps before and after? was it worth it you say? what grits you used?
    R E T....

have you received your own xp-90? i'm curious to compare the temps with the sp-94! seems to be the best cooling in 90 mm section!

Xtreme Member
    cool.. ill install it later tonight...

tell me your temps on your cpu @ load and idle when running at 3.4..

our comparison will probably make you the victor as you are on a northwood after all but it will be interesting to see
    R E T....

A64 2800+ @ 292x9 1:1 ¤ DFi NF3 250GB ¤ Adata Vitesta PC4000 ¤ Club3D 9800PRO @ 450/375 ¤ Antec TC 550w ¤ Mach I
    SiSoftSandra

Xtreme Member
    this suxors... i threw away my intel retention bracket long ago (well my dad did anyhow) so now i need to get a new 1... i shud get one by weeks end from a friend or another friend named ebay
    R E T....

you can ge tthem from several online vendors for liek $5

Xtreme Enthusiast
    dont know if u guys know but thermalright has yet another new heatsink coming out called the si-97, just ordered mines from svc.com. Thermalright is very good in tight release dates between the new alumninum heatsinks they put out this year.

E6600 SL9S8 Malay
    ASUS P5W64( no mods )
    Mushkin (2 x 1GB) XP2-6400
    ATI x850xt
    2 x 150GB WD Raptor RAID
    Thermalright Ultra-120
    SilverStone ST56ZF 560W

Xtreme Member
    couldnt find a reliable vendor for $5... help me find one.. maybe if overnight shipping is cheap...

or ill use ebay or a friend.. its $1 on ebay with $3 shipping.. kinda nice i'd say.. most of those ppl are smart.. they get em free anyhow from intel

the si-97? is for amd, arnt you on a 3.2EE?
    the si-97 looks almost the same as a xp-90.. except if im looking at the pic right the fins arnt even touhcing the base? only the heatpipes connect the 2?

i wouldnt consider that an improvement over the xp-90 in any way.. both are great heatsinks
    R E T....