Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A T T E N T I O N !!!

Xtreme Guru

Exclamation A T T E N T I O N !!!

our captain, Rod, has decided not to leave/sink the XS ship..

don know about u guys, but im not gonna leave my captain behind..

while others have switched, even i did, ill return

wat about u guys?

i say lets stick with our captain

wat say u?

I am Xtreme

Red face Dragon is helping me out here

Everyone on XSTC/CM read stuff and while basic plan is the same, discuss the direction please. We now return to our regularly scheduled chaos

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Thats a shame, I guess since DDTUNG and our vietnamese friend left, still do not know why, we have no chance of taking #1 while members here but we do if we ALL follow them. The combined output of the 2 teams will do the one thing at this time that needs doing, putting those people in first place into 2nd which is probably 20 higher than they actually deserve.
    I don't know about you but I don't like being kicked in the face and then just walking away with my tail between my legs!
    Last point: I admire the people on this team, from the top down, great people, but I would like to see you fight back. There is a principle here and the point needs to be made to them that sometimes you have to stand up, think about your options and fight like hell for what you beleive in.
    Yea, I'm Irish, pissed off beyond belief at whats happenned in the last 24 hours.

I am Xtreme
    They cheated, we lost, it's over. To late to make a comeback with everyone leaving.

/quit
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Guru
    mad mikee, sorry bro, just trying to help.. confusion couldve been averted in the 1st place!!!

movieman, thats wat i thought was happeing, thats why i switched

afireinside, no we did not lose! DPC did! no matter wat

Xtreme Addict
    I will stay.
    To the lastest member.
    XS are the main forum for me and there are all world BEST overclockers ever.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmV5
    our captain, Rod, has decided not to leave/sink the XS ship..

don know about u guys, but im not gonna leave my captain behind..

while others have switched, even i did, ill return

wat about u guys?

i say lets stick with our captain

wat say u?
    Thanks man. That's really cool of you.

Xtreme Cruncher
    All I have to say

"Captain, my Captain." If you've never seen the movie White Squall, go out and watch it now!
    Last edited by [XC] DragonOrta; 12-30-2005 at 12:42 AM.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmV5
    mad mikee, sorry bro, just trying to help.. confusion couldve been averted in the 1st place!!!

movieman, thats wat i thought was happeing, thats why i switched

afireinside, no we did not lose! DPC did! no matter wat
    I'm going over in the morning. I want to see what the general consensus is here first, but if at least 1/2 the guys here go( there are a huge amount of inactive members on the team with large amounts of points attached to their names) it can be done and think on this: How long would the smile stay on your face if 2 days from now on Jan 1,2006 the Cows were NOT in first place!
    Just ponder that thought for 10 seconds......

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    Thats a shame, I guess since DDTUNG and our vietnamese friend left, still do not know why, we have no chance of taking #1 while members here but we do if we ALL follow them. The combined output of the 2 teams will do the one thing at this time that needs doing, putting those people in first place into 2nd which is probably 20 higher than they actually deserve.
    I don't know about you but I don't like being kicked in the face and then just walking away with my tail between my legs!
    Last point: I admire the people on this team, from the top down, great people, but I would like to see you fight back. There is a principle here and the point needs to be made to them that sometimes you have to stand up, think about your options and fight like hell for what you beleive in.
    Yea, I'm Irish, pissed off beyond belief at whats happenned in the last 24 hours.
    If we had stayed, they would have remained #1 in 2005. That would mean they got away with it. I agree with you MM, can't let that happen. So I picked the option that would have them beaten, if only enough decided to follow. I did not sink all my time and resources into this to lose like a fool. When you fight against evil, you have to use unconventional means. By switching, I uphold the principle you refer to. I open the only door that'll lead to their well deserved defeat in 2005, and that door is still open.

DDTUNG
    Last edited by DDTUNG; 12-30-2005 at 12:28 AM.
    XtremeSystems - we overclock and crunch you to the ground

I left the optimized files on three 3GHz P4 HTs. Ban me.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzilla
    Thanks man. That's really cool of you.
    come on captain, im getting misty here.. lol

rain or shine u got my loyalty

^^Not dead!!^^
    I would much rather see XS remain it's own team and remain in 2nd.

Xtreme Cruncher
    DDT.. for once i think you may not be enough....the only people close to you passing now is us here @ XS... your 1 million behind.... i want XS to be #1 not FDC ( no offense as they have welcomed us with open arms)

DDT.. give us a straight answer... will you be back as the #1 Member of XS d2ol?

Rod.. im with my Mafia Brothers 100%... we've got your back

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzilla
    I would much rather see XS remain it's own team and remain in 2nd.
    same here, even if we all decide together not to continue d2ol and join rosetta, etc...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah so we can see the remains of all our hard work we put in d2ol as a great team! It shouldn't be forgotten.
    Core i7-920 @ 3,8GHz 24/7 1,30v watercooled
    Gigabyte X58 UD5
    3x1GB G.Skill DDR3-1333
    MSI 7900GTO
    Corsair HX520W

what is this about. just logged on and see this... well, i just lost motivation for this now. i`ll quit again. this happend in my last team to.
    Gigabyte X58 UD5@Extreeme bios, I7 920@various ,max 4300 Water cooled, OCZ 6gb 1600LVk,Powercolor 4870x2 with asus top bios,Corsair TX850, 2xwd250ks raid 0.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTUNG
    If we had stayed, they would have remained #1 in 2005. That would mean they got away with it. I agree with you MM, can't let that happen. So I picked the option that would have them beaten, if only enough decided to follow. I did not sink all my time and resources into this to lose like a fool. When you fight against evil, you have to use unconventional means. By switching, I uphold the principle you refer to. I open the only door that'll lead to their well deserved defeat in 2005, and that door is still open.

DDTUNG
    I understand your thinking and in my heart I agree with you totally. I sat here this evening with nothing but anger in my heart and anger clouds your thinking.
    My first thought all night was what is needed to beat the Cows but after hearing the hurt and emotion in Rod's writing at what had happenned this evening I decided that what was more important than winning was loyalty.
    There's an old expression here in the US that I think is fitting for our situation.
    It pertains to a woman going to a dance with one guy and seeing another man who is interested in her. The saying goes like this:
    " You go home with the one that brung(brought) you"
    You have my best wishes and I sincerely hope you accomplish your goal!
    One last thing: Win or lose, you wouldn't look like a fool. You made a tremendous outlay of time,effort and probably quite a bit of cash and all without looking for any personal benefit that I can see.
    Those are all admirable qualitities in my opinion. A person's or a team's character is much more important than any number on a web page. When this is all said and done we can say we fought the good fight, I doubt that the others in question can say the same.
    Last edited by Movieman; 12-30-2005 at 01:35 AM.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    I understand your thinking and in my heart I agree with you totally. I sat here this evening with nothing but anger in my heart and anger clouds your thinking.
    My first thought all night was what is needed to beat the Cows but after hearing the hurt and emotion in Rod's writing at what had happenned this evening I decided that what was more important than winning was loyalty.
    There's an old expression here in the US that I think is fitting for our situation.
    It pertains to a woman going to a dance with one guy and seeing another man who is interested in her. The saying goes like this:
    " You go home with the one that brung(brought) you"
    You have my best wishes and I sincerely hope you accomplish your goal!
    If there is one thing that I am sure of, that's my loyalty to XS.

XS_DDTUNG

I am Xtreme

Xstc And Xscm - Lend Me Your Ears

And anyone else who cares to listen... (Please drag everyone over to read this if you think I'm doing any better than usual )

We are suffering from a crisis of conscience and faith here (me included )
    The choices we have:

1. Beat DPC @ any cost, even the effective dissolution of the XS team. I'm seeing Rods view that we sorta lose our soul then, even if we make DPC 2nd. OTOH we get past the frustration of watching apparent (since we have no absolute proof) evil intention, however much we believe.

2. Get / keep together and keep D2OLing with faith that something will be done to allow confirmation/identification or disallow completion of invalid / massively redundant data. The timeframe for this is uncertain @ best.

3a. Drop D2OL altogether now but keeping XS points in XS and keeping most of our XS soul, but acknowledging the real possibility of the failure of the D2OL project and leaving ourselves open to being called quitters. Which leads to...

3b. What do we all decide to do next?

Deciding which of these directions to focus on comes down to a personal decision whether D2OL is a valid fight or a futile and useless one. The data we question is not bad, just possibly redundant. We have vengence and competition vs. project integrity and our level of commitment to the XS name. Each of us has to decide where we stand in our hearts and minds.

I've tried to follow what is happening and I think the s have won in this in that they have divided us and made us lose our focus. We know what both sides think and we just have to decide who to follow. It is time to think for a moment, then do whatever we think is both right and relavent

I've also tried to expose the main elements of this this division and I hope that this will help you each best understand them and in turn your feelings relating to them.

I am thinking that I just want to keep going where we are and see where the path we started leads for abit further. (D2OL under XS)

Let me know what you think, just like before. Then we can go from there. Together I hope

XS_THE_MACHINE
    We need to push for an anti-cheating software/system, cant be that hard to do. If they are cheating, find proof and let the d2ol people deal with it by kicking them out, dont just give up. nobody said it was going to be easy? Life wasnt meant to be easy. Did we think the cows were going to roll over and die? its disheartening to think that my hard work/resources crunching 24/7 is being made a mockery by some dip re-uploading cans and then laughing at us
    This should be the start of a new page, not just for xs, but for d2ol, they need to pull up their socks and get with it and realize that the cheating is hurting their program and do something about it!
    FX-8320
    Asus M5A97 r2.0
    8 Gb Gskill
    Radeon 7870 Tahiti LE
    Corsair 750 watt

c[_]
    OTOH we get past the frustration of watching apparent (since we have no absolute proof) evil intention, however much we believe.
    how long does it take DDT to do 1.6 million cands?

I'd like to figure out what kind of cpu power they have behind all their projects.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Legend
    Since this has now been brought into the open, I copy and paste one of my posts for those who missed it:

I am not going to repeat the reasons why I am convinced that the ICA_COWs are cheating. I do, however, owe my teammates an explanation of why I decided to switch to FDC under XS_DDTUNG.

Having considered the options of 1. quitting D2OL 2. doing the same as ICA_COWs, either alone or with the help of other teammates 3. inviting outside help(ronbo, etc) 4. switching but carrying the XS name, I decided on switching.

The ICA_COWS did this to stay in #1 for as long as they can. This 1. hurts the project by distorting the results 2. is not fair to other participants, not only XS but all the others who contributed truthfully 3. insults my intelligence.

Switching to FDC under XS_DDTUNG 1. reaffirms my dedication to XS 2. continues to help the D2OL project 3. puts the cows in #2 position where they should be 4. draws the attention of other participants 5. is reversible if we ever decide to do so.

If you agree with my thinking, you are most welcome to join me, with XS in front of your username of course.

DDTUNG

DDTUNG

this tells me that, when it comes to competition`s there will be cheaters. And when nothing is done to prevent it it will continue.. therefor i dont feel to "compete" in this enny more
    Gigabyte X58 UD5@Extreeme bios, I7 920@various ,max 4300 Water cooled, OCZ 6gb 1600LVk,Powercolor 4870x2 with asus top bios,Corsair TX850, 2xwd250ks raid 0.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil
    how long does it take DDT to do 1.6 million cands?

I'd like to figure out what kind of cpu power they have behind all their projects.

4 months approximately, or 3 months with the office P4s.

DDTUNG

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTUNG
    If there is one thing that I am sure of, that's my loyalty to XS.

XS_DDTUNG
    no ones doubting u DDTUNG

for a good reason ur called our spiritual leader around here..

lets look at it this way, since much of it is out in the open, it wud've taken only 1 from free-dc to come over and sunk DPC to 2nd place, not a whole team to go over to free-dc

ronbo couldve come over and we couldve stayed away from this storm

i have alot of respect for u DDTUNG, thats why im saying this,

you and nhenhophach and everyone else that went over to FDC....

GET YOUR BUTTS BACK OVER HERE AND LETS FINISH THIS!

DONT LET XS DISOLVE LIKE THIS, COME ON DDTUNG

its in your hands

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast