Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D²OL Project - START HERE! (links to ALL important threads)

^^Not dead!!^^
    I'm in...

Is there a dfMon like app for this? Something that I can keep track of my clients with through the network that outputs an html page???

Also... Can you guys post some tips on setting it up for 100% efficiency? Share your wisdom... What shortcuts are there... what awesome apps are out there? I think XS has found it's home In D2OL!!!!

^^Not dead!!^^
    Hello???

I have also found this... @Jeff... I have noticed you have several dead nodes. This may be of interest to you.

The node # is also hard coded. This makes for interesting problems. Say you wish to wipe out a RH 8 install and put Libranet 2.8 on the same box and want to keep your same node number. In most DC projects, you simply enter your email or user ID and off you go,; not so in D2OL. You will need to copy the node.prp file (for safety's sake I always copy the entire directory) to a safe disk, install your new distro, install the D2OL client (which will generate a new node #), let it finish initializing, quit the client and then copy your old node.prp file over the new node.prp file. Convoluted yes, but at least you can keep your node # tied to a specific machine. Additionally, it is wise to reuse your node #'s as NOT reusing will leave you with multiple "dead" non-productive node #'s. The node.prp file does not just contain your node #. It is a derived file (hashed/encrypted/encoded) containing your node # and email addy so you simply cannot type in it without destroying it.
    I was worried about having dead nodes as I want to publish my farm status on my web page. Now if I need to re-install I can keep the same nodes

Xtreme Enthusiast
    DSpy can monitor nodes accross a network, but I don't think it can output data into an html page.

I am still learning the ropes for D2OL so to speak. The Java app uses up quite a bit of cpu cycles when open (just like csrss did for DF), so keep that minimized to the systray whenever possible.

I'd take a look at the readme file in the Sergeant folder as I think it tells you how to run things from a console instead of using a java client.

I'd strongly recommend using D2OL Daddy on your main rig so it is more responsive to your apps.

I haven't found an app similar to dfgui or dfmon or FAHstats that the other projects have. You might want to contact the author of DSpy and ask him if he can add a feature to have the app create an html page. This app wouldn't even have to be able to upload it onto the web as you can do that with batch scripts.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by PS2pcGAMER
    DSpy can monitor nodes accross a network, but I don't think it can output data into an html page.

I am still learning the ropes for D2OL so to speak. The Java app uses up quite a bit of cpu cycles when open (just like csrss did for DF), so keep that minimized to the systray whenever possible.

I'd take a look at the readme file in the Sergeant folder as I think it tells you how to run things from a console instead of using a java client.

I'd strongly recommend using D2OL Daddy on your main rig so it is more responsive to your apps.

I haven't found an app similar to dfgui or dfmon or FAHstats that the other projects have. You might want to contact the author of DSpy and ask him if he can add a feature to have the app create an html page. This app wouldn't even have to be able to upload it onto the web as you can do that with batch scripts.
    I found my dfMon look alike! Outputs html... getting permission to use it for XS now... It looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About the java thing... this is really easy to fix...

1.) With the D2OL client up and running right click on the system tray icon (by the clock) and select properties.

2.) In the properties window uncheck "Launch main window on startup" This will keep the GUI from opening when you start the client.

3.)When you do have the GUI open just hit the X in the upper right hand corner and the GUI will close... the client will still run in the system task bar.

4.) It is also a good idea to change the Candidate queue size to 200 while you are in the properties page. This is because a fast PC can finish 50 candidates before the 12 hr upload... this will leave you sitting idle. If you are on dialup change it to something like 1000 so you don't have to dialup to the net until you chose to.

This also serves to safeguard against server crashes. The D2OL servers go down and you have a max of 2000 candidates to have fun with! That's a lot of folding fun for all!!!

If you are a sneaker then you can set this to 2000 do your work... and go to town uploading!!! NOTE:!!!!!! Never move the directory around! (Like burn it to CD to sneaker it on a PC that has a Net connection. The program is imbedded in the OS and is you move it the client will no longer function.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Some more really Nice stats!!!

http://stats.free-dc.org/d2ol/allteams.php

Xtreme Gentoo User
    I'm gonna start D2OL soon. I just need to get my networking stuff fixed! I'm once again limited to dialup

Xtreme X.I.P.
    a p4EE rig with 56K modem... what a shame

...thats like a pink ferrari...

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    a p4EE rig with 56K modem... what a shame

...thats like a pink ferrari...
    When are you firing up D2OL???

Xtreme X.I.P.
    done already

Xtreme Cruncher
    è viola

Asus P5K<*>OCZ 450w<*>E6600@4.0ghz@9x445@1.450v<*>TeamXtreem DDR2-800 cl3 2x1gb<*>Sapphire 3870 512mb DDR4
    Asus P5E X48 DeLuxe<*>OCZ 700w<*>E8600 E0@4.6ghz@1.350v wc<*>Corsair Titanium DDR2-800 4x2gb<*>Sapphire 2x3870 2x512mb DDR4 CF

Xtreme Cruncher
    Is it possible to run 2 or more clients on the same rig,becaus i see people with 2,5,12 nodes and more.

Asus P5K<*>OCZ 450w<*>E6600@4.0ghz@9x445@1.450v<*>TeamXtreem DDR2-800 cl3 2x1gb<*>Sapphire 3870 512mb DDR4
    Asus P5E X48 DeLuxe<*>OCZ 700w<*>E8600 E0@4.6ghz@1.350v wc<*>Corsair Titanium DDR2-800 4x2gb<*>Sapphire 2x3870 2x512mb DDR4 CF

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yes, install the agent again to another directory

Xtreme Cruncher
    Guy's sorry to say but my a64 rig is dead(to heavy oc) ,i just started D2OL againg today on my xp-m rig,am way back in the stats now but a'm going to change that very quickly .

^^Not dead!!^^
    That's awesome news DDTUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to fold my off to hold my spot for at least a little bit!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @Jeff

The Team AT stats has changed URL's.

The new one is:

http://d2ol.tastats.com/

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    Updated. Thanks for the information! (I was wondering where these things moved to)

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by PS2pcGAMER
    @Jeff

The Team AT stats has changed URL's.

The new one is:

http://d2ol.tastats.com/

I missed them stats So much! I was looking everywhere for them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

^^Not dead!!^^
    @ Jeff... Do you like the title of this thread? I can change it if you wish.

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    Maybe "D²OL Project - START HERE!". And then put it up in the "Announcement" section.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Thread re-named!

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    *bump up to the top* (for the thread and eventually the team!!!)

i just joined up. running the client now..

Xtreme Christmas Lighter

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well guys, I've been running F@H for too long now to give up on it, but good luck! This looks like a very good cause, and if F@H ever ends, I'll probly join yas.
    "I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL" **I can't afford a sig, all my money's in hardware.**

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    *bump up to the top* (for the thread and eventually the team!!!)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast