Thread: Surgery was a success

Surgery was a success

I've had 4 non-working 8KHA+s sitting around for quite a while. Got'em in a box'o boards I had bought for $20. Been home for a few sick. Got really bored and just decided to closely inspect these non-booting boards (all either FF or C1) Found 1 that after close inspection, there was a component that was burnt (actually, the center was blown-out). Can't say what component as I am no electronics tech. Tiny black square with 8 legs (right under the NB fan header). Well, the boards weren't working anyway so I decided to remove this from 1 board and transplant to this one. Had a helluva time with as tiny as this was, but I finally de-soldered and re-soldered. Got home from work today and gave my handiwork a close inspection and it looked a bit rough, but functional. Decided to risk a spare chip I have, and........................the damn thing works!!!!
    Haven't put it through it's paces yet, but I have installed WinXP without a hitch
    Ahhhhh........this feels so nice Now I've got 2 working 8KHA+s

(So proud of myself, I just had ta share )
    Heat
    Gimme back my bullets.

Congrat's

Excellent work man! Ive had similar deals where I had to do something to that effect. Its a truly great feeling when youve done something like this that youve never done before!
    Congrats bub!~!

Now I gotta try about the same thing with 2 8K7A+s. 1 has a burnt thingy (highly technical terminology) and the other has 2. I have a third for parts
    Heat
    Gimme back my bullets.

Tweaked!
    Good job LW, next thing you know you're going to be certifiable (more technical terminology)

certified to fix thingy's

I am lame
    Nice!

He's the new "Broken thingey fixer" heh