Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Dry Ice

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh1 View Post
    lol ofcourse, thats why i have installed 2x 20cm fan in the cellar to push the C02 out of the window.

ICyonal is the best for me

gilgamesh
    co2 is 1.5 times heavier than air. and a 10% concentration is considered lethal. you should not be using it in an enviroment like you are describing.if you have a garage do it there or on a deck outdoors. those 2x20 cm fans are probably located high on the wall so in effect they are removing the air from your basement as the co2 settles on the floor slowly filling the room.
    QX 9650 5ghz with 1.55v 4.8ghz with 1.5v 24/7 in a VAPOLI V-2000B+ Single stage phase cooling.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    2X HD4850's water cooled , volt modded
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu
    4x Seagate 250GB in RAID 0
    8GB crucial ballistix ram

Team KOC2.com
    where can i found ICyonal?? how good is it compare to acetone??

E8600 Q820A750
    DFI LanParty UT P35-T2R - Abit IX38 QuadGT - Asus P5B Deluxe - Biostar TP45 HP
    Team Xtreem PC-5300 C3 2GB - Crucial 10th Anniversary 2GB - Team Xtreem PC8500 C5 2GB
    Winfast 8600GT
    Silverstone Olympia 1000w
    andre X_X -72c CO2 Cascade

My R22/CO2 Cascade Project

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andre X_X View Post
    where can i found ICyonal?? how good is it compare to acetone??
    MUCH better fumes wise, also capable of going down to -120 degrees before it starts to thicken.

gilgamesh

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    co2 is 1.5 times heavier than air. and a 10% concentration is considered lethal. you should not be using it in an enviroment like you are describing.if you have a garage do it there or on a deck outdoors. those 2x20 cm fans are probably located high on the wall so in effect they are removing the air from your basement as the co2 settles on the floor slowly filling the room.
    Funnly enough no........... my cellar has a door and a coal chute, i am in the process of unblocking, as it is a old yorkshire stone house, so its not like modern cellars in the uk where it has no window.

2nd thanks for the advice but no, the 2x20cm fans are actually located low to the floor, for just the reasons you described. I was aware of that issue but thank you very much anyways

I havent actually tested yet mate, havent even made my first run, im just preparing the cellar for when i get my kit. Buying it off johnny bravo, he made me an offer i couldnt refuse

Venting i.e two 2x20cm fans low to floor blowing out through the open door anda coal chute directly outside.

I planning on doing a video blog of this asap.

Gilgamesh
    Last edited by gilgamesh1; 11-12-2007 at 04:24 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh1 View Post
    Funnly enough no........... my cellar has a door and a coal chute, i am in the process of unblocking, as it is a old yorkshire stone house, so its not like modern cellars in the uk where it has no window.

2nd thanks for the advice but no, the 2x20cm fans are actually located low to the floor, for just the reasons you described. I was aware of that issue but thank you very much anyways

I havent actually tested yet mate, havent even made my first run, im just preparing the cellar for when i get my kit. Buying it off johnny bravo, he made me an offer i couldnt refuse

Venting i.e two 2x20cm fans low to floor blowing out through the open door anda coal chute directly outside.

I planning on doing a video blog of this asap.

Gilgamesh

Would help if i got the chemical right.
    ITS CALLED propan-1all

gilgamesh

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for all the great information. This thread is an awsome read!
    Intel QX9650 @ 4.275 GHZ W/C
    Striker II Extreme 790i
    Corsair Dominator TWIN3X2048-1800C7DF G
    2x EVGA 9800 GTX SLI
    Raid 0 2X Western Digital RaptorX 150's
    Mountain Mods UFO Case
    Corsair HX1000w PSU

Xtreme Enthusiast
    my rig is in a 2nd storey airconditioned room, is it safe to use dry ice+acetone there and if so should the windows be open?
    its almost the end of summer here so i plan on doing dice benching sooner or later with rig in sig and koolance cpu-ln2 rev1
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650
    Gigabyte ep45-ud3lr
    Sapphire HD6970
    Team Xtreem 2*1gb 1300
    1TB Western Digital

It`s better to be a little cold than dead or with a massive headche , but I dont have presonal experience so i am just being a smartass, just be careful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12