Thread: TEC For desktop barton

TEC For desktop barton

hi guys,
    new to forums, searched and roamed for some. but i could not get the specific answer i wanted. i have a xp2500+ locked barton chip on my nf7-s, currently cooled with SP-97. i can run the rig @ 2500Mhz max, w/1.9vs of vcore. my load temp is 58C currently. well, that s a bit high for some stability i know. i ve not seen too many ppl around, trying to push locked bartons with a fixed 11 multiplier. i can buy a new mobile, but i really want to push this chip to unseen limits, this chips my target and i ve seen that i can only achieve that with something small and powerful; a TEC is what i need.
    i ve been reading around condesation issues, PSU tips.
    for my rig, i am thinkin of buying a 260W+ peltier w/maze4 of ddens. some big radiator for chilled water and a separate PSU. i got ddr500 rams[adata modules] and tagan 480W psu which is quite nice under big loads.

the point i am absolutely blind@ is, how much will this setup help me?
    what can a 20C 2500+ do with all the vcore on it, i mean,
    do you think i can push my poor chip to some 2600+ mhzs?

thanks in advance.

Xtreme Member
    I dont think it would be worth it to to watercool that chip. If yours is stable at 2500mhz then i would leave your system just the way it is. I would put that money towards a A64 setup.
    DFI LanPartyUT 250GB - 9/14 Bios
    Mobile AMD 3200+ 1MB
    Adata PC4000 2x512
    2x 74 Raptors Raid 0
    Fortron 530 PSU
    BFG 6800 Ultra 470/1300