Thread: [Troubleshooting Help:]Abit IC7-MAX3

Xtreme Member

[Troubleshooting Help:]Abit IC7-MAX3

I recently purchased this board so I can do some heavy FSB clocking 300+, however I am having problems getting it to boot and go to BIOS. The green and red leds are both lit which from what i understand signify that the board is running and getting power. RAM/CPU/VID in use are all working in a different board so I belive it is specific to the abit. I have run out of ideas on why it won't boot into BIOS...CMOS has been reset several times via the jumper.

One thing I can think of now is that the board will not power the components without the CPU and/or NB fan headers being used. I've got all fans plugged in via my fan controller.

Help me out here MAX3 users!

EDIT: sorry for improper section mods :p
    Last edited by -=TriX=-; 09-19-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Banned
    Check that the BIOS jumper is in the correct spot. Check the manual for the right placement.

Xtreme Member
    It's @ 1-2.

can you confirm or unconfirm that the board requires a cpu and/or nb fan to be plugged in via the mb?

Xtreme Member
    well I have to go home now (@work right now) which means I won't be able to check this til 24 hours from now...hope someone has answers or I figure out the problem.

Xtreme Member
    bump...anyone please?

i just put the cpu/ram/vid all back in my epox board and they work...something is up w/ the abit...it powers on, holds a charge...just no post.

so you cant get into bios? try pressing control on key board while its booting and do it at least 4 times using reboot button see if that helps