Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing The Best Pump for Your WaterCooling System

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have a dannger mag 3, been running it for a year now, no leak issues or anything. a bit of neoprene on the bottom and my fridge is louder, heh. fyi, I took very much care to make sure I didn't crack the inlet/outlet or overtighten barbs in any way.
    ALIENS are bringing my next kentsfield based rig in a UFO case!

Well thanks for all the help guys. I ordered the Iwaki last night. Hopefully it will be here in a few days so I can starting fitting it.

Xtreme Addict
    You're going to love that Iwaki, I hope you got the MD20rlzt version for maximum head rate. 22 ft. of head, WOW.

Banned
    The aquairim place didnt have 3/4 to 1/2 reduce barbs with female threads.
    I have an extra set. Black poly. 3/4" female NPT to 1/2" OD barbs (for 1/2" ID tubing). I can also show you where I got them in case you want to buy a set directly from the distributer:

http://www.amindustries.com/online.htm

Down in the bottom right of the right frame....3 from the bottom: "TAF10 128 PP" Order 2 (inlet and outlet) and get Ground shipping. Less than $10. (TAF10 128 if you want the natural/clear poly instead of black poly).

Banned
    Craig - I got 25 ft of head with my pump! Talk about "wow" there!

My pump should be here any minute now. Im just waiting on ups to get the damn thing to my door. tick tock tick tock.

I got the WMD20RLT. It said in the specs 14feet of head. More than enough considering the 100 dollar ehiem has 11 feet of head....

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by freecableguy
    Craig - I got 25 ft of head with my pump! Talk about "wow" there!

How many watts does that pump draw?

Thanks

Craig

Banned
    Craig - 98W.

Originally posted by MaxxxRacer

hmm - have you tried putting it vertically?

Xtreme Member
    where would he put it verticaly

http://antig4ttv.bcs10.com/

Xtreme Member
    no offense but that looks really horrible on the back like that

Xtreme Infrastructure Eng
    You could always cut a hole in the bottom of your case and put the case on "stilts."

Trying to think outside the box
    Less is more.

Banned
    Bad idea. You're pump might underperform with the volute of the impeller pointing down, this is a certifugal pump and you need to think about net positive suction head (NPSH)....mounting like that is horrible. Either horizontal or volute up if you absolutely have to have it vertical.

Also, get some kind of hose clamps, either the metal ring drive type of the plastic snap type for those hoses.

The hose clamps are in the mail. the tubbing on there is some cheap tubing my dad had lying around that is 1/2inch ID. Im getting tygon.

to be honest cable guy i never thought it was a good idea for positioning the pump. I wil most likley have the pump sitting on teh ground next to the computer. And i can use the wood plate that the pump came attached to in the box to mount it to the bottom of the case so they are both sitting next to eachother if i ever need to move the case. I dont care about how ghetto it looks just as long as it works good.

Originally posted by The_Dark_Hacker
    where would he put it verticaly
    well when i posted i was thinking between rad and mobo (with the motor at the bottom...) - looking again i think the case probably isn't tall enough though

Hi Fellas! Mr. Noob again. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to have found this forum and how much it has helped in the design of my first WC system! Thank you one and all!

Speaking of pumps, I've noticed a bit of similarity between the DD D4 and the MCP650.

DD D4 left, MCP650 right:

Their specifications/price seem to be indentical as well.

One pump that caught my attention but I have not seen it discussed here yet is the AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12. It is available here and here. It looks to be priced the same as the DD and the Swifty.

Anyone using one? Thoughts?

***edit***
    Danger Den D4 page
    SwifTech MCP650 page
    Laing DC Pump site

It shows an available 3/4" barbed Noryl pump housing. I wonder what effect that might have on it's performance?
    Last edited by Jetlag; 09-03-2004 at 08:18 PM.

Xtreme Member
    that pump is just a swiftech mcp 600 with a different logo on it
    Last edited by The_Dark_Hacker; 09-04-2004 at 08:02 AM.

In regard to the aqua extreme, I would stick with the D4 or swiftec. They are tried and true with countless numbers of people loving them. From what I have seen there are not many ppl that have the Aqua Extreme.

The D4 and Swifty are the same pump...

i am also curiouse about aqua extreme ,because i already ordered aqua extreme. I prefer swiftech 650 butttt out of stock and next thing was aqua extreme
    what is you opinion 10 f head is it so good as sw 650

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I lean towards the original Rainbow Lifeguard Quiet One pump...

head in feet up the left - flow in gph across the bottom:

it's too bad pentair changed the design when they bought rainbow...
    Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.
    go to sleep
    go to sleep
    go back to sleep.

carpe noctem.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer

Any suggestions on how to get the tubing over the 3/4 barbs. I heard one guy ran boiling watter and quikcly dunked the tubing in and then put it over the barb. So that it got it a little soft and then it just reshaped the tubbing. would this be a good or bad idea?
    Just buy a threaded female copper fitting & solder it to a very short section of 3/4" copper plumbing pipe. Now solder on a 3/4" to 1/2" normal plumbing bell reducer. Last solder in a short section of 1/2" copper plumbing pipe. Your 1/2" tube will now fit without much effort although the 1/2" copper pipe is still a bit larger. This may sound like it takes up a lot of space but your short sections of plumbers pipe only need to be long enough to connect between the other fittings.

Xtreme Addict
    Fellas that 50Z pump is in fact the same pump as the MCP600 that Swifty was selling. Swifteck dropped it from thier line when the manufacturer started selling pumps directly to some of the same distributors that Swiftech had been dealing them to. Swiftech made the eror of not having a exclusive contract with the manufacturer. So that 50Z is a fine pump and has very good head/flow ratios.

craig thanks for the post, but ur a month too late. I just got some adapters that reduce the npt to 1/2 from 3/4. I got them from the same place as the pump. Besides the coper would not hae worked as the rest of the fittings are plastic.

Xtreme Member
    I love my mag3, how much does that rainbow pump cost, weapon? and where can i get it.. I probably won't but if its a good price I'll recommend it to people, I like the mag3 cuz it is cheap and performs great. It isnt noisy, and if you replace the oring you won't get a leaking problem for sure.
    Nergal: Coolermaster Stacker STC-01, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 w/ EK Waterblock, AMD Phenom x6 1090T @ (4.1GHz, 2400MHz HT-Link, 3000MHz CPU-NB) w/ Swiftech Apogee XT, G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (4x4GB) @ 7-8-8-24 1600MHz, 3x Radeon 5870 (2 w/ Swiftech MCW-82, 1 w/ Zalman VF3000A), OCZ X3 2000w, 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM in RAID1, 4x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 5900RPM in RAID10, ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Swiftech MCR320-QP Radiator, Swiftech MCP655-B Pump, Windows Server 2008 R2

Death: Antec One Hundred Ice, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5, Phenom x4 840 @ 4GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (2x2GB), Gigabyte Radeon 5870 under Zalman VF3000A, XFX Radeon 5850, Asus 5850 DirectCU, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 7200RPM(Windows 7 Enterprise), Western Digital Raptor 150GB (CentOS 6.2)

Xtreme Member
    got me here the md 30 RZ on a 220V version and man does this thing have some power :P
    36ft head...

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast