Thread: having a tough time here.

Xtreme Cable Management Freak

having a tough time here.

Im having an issue here with tubing. I have 1/2"ID and 3/4"OD primochill tubing, on 1/2" barbs. I have a TINY leak in my enzotech sapphire and need to take the tubing off... but im having SO much trouble with removing the tubing, its on REALLY REALLY REALLY tight. is there any specific way to take this off and make it easier? some trade secret i havent been told?

i cant just twist it off due to other connections.

thanks in advance!
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

I am Xtreme
    use pliers to deform them..so you can pull them off

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    use pliers to deform them..so you can pull them off
    hmmm i see, but wont that ruin the tubing for the next time?
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

Xtreme Member
    I generally find that if you rock the tube from side to side gently whilst pulling back, the tube will start making it's way up the barb quite easily.

Otherwise, get a hair drier and carefully try to heat up the tube ever so slightly at the barb, it should come off easily and it won't destroy it. Just don't keep it in there for long, you don't want to melt/burn anything, a couple of seconds is probably all it will take.
    ~ Core i7 920 @ 4.00 ~ Gigabyte EX58-Extreme ~ Patriot Viper Series DDR3 6GB 1600 ~ Gigabyte GTX 260 SLi ~ Swiftech Apogee XT ~

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MaByBoI View Post
    hmmm i see, but wont that ruin the tubing for the next time?
    my bad...i don't re use tubes....i usually trim the used part...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    my bad...i don't re use tubes....i usually trim the used part...
    GREEEAT NOW YOU TELL ME! lol i already pulled the tubes off with the pliers. worked quite well actually, gently rocked it back and forth. is all good...

anyone heard of the issue with the enzotech sapphire? small leak? gotta get a bigger o-ring. and re-paint it red... (sorry utnorris if you read this.. kinda scratched it lol)
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

I am Xtreme
    just use clamps

if i could get some of those koolance clamps. oh god i would looooooove that
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

Xtreme Member
    I'm using 7/16'' ID tubing on 1/2 barbed fittings Previously I was using 1/2'' tubing on 1/2'' barbed fittings but I had some leak risks as far as I can saw. And during my last test for pumps... one of the tube pulled off the fitting (but I wasn't careful enough and did not use clamps, it was only for a test out of the pc case, have a look there on the tsunami: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...43#post4157543 (last photo at the end of the page)

IMO using 7/16'' ID tube is more safe. It's not really harder to plug or remove this tubing on 1/2 barbed fittings. I succeed to plug 7/16'' masterkleer tubing on the stock D5 top ^^ Using hot water to relay the tube and ease the plugin process. You can also use the hairdryer, but not too hot.

The way I remove the tube from the fitting: I press the tube between my fingers 1 or 2 cm away from the fitting, then I make some small (very gentle, not too much to avoid breaking wb top or fitting sealing) movements left/right/left/right and with some patience and care, the tube is disconnected. Hope my english is good enough to explain what I mean

As you can see here, the tube is well compressed on the fitting, clamps are not really mandatory, you can use it to make sure but...I don't think it's usefull everywhere.

Cheers.

PS: some 7/16'' ID tubes I like to use: http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/inde...ath=44_116_148 , the masterkleer is good but I prefer the Tygon R3603, or if black color is required the Primoflex Pro LRT.
    For clamps, Koolance are ok but you can use these one http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=72_165 the Primochill, very easy to use.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The Koolance clamps are great and they're so hard wearing. I'd say screw getting the screw ones and go for the Koolance quick-clips
    [Project] : Altair | A Lian-Li PC-P80, dual loop, all internal build. Written as a tutorial for any newcomers

Hardware
    Core i7 920 D0 | 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz CL8 RAM | 2x EVGA GTX 285 SLI | ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | ASUS Xonar D2X
    2x Intel X-25M SSD | Corsair HX-1000W | Lian-Li PC-P80 | Dell 3008WFP 30"

Watercooling Gear (Dual Loop)
    Koolance 350AT (CPU Loop) | 2x Koolance VID-NX285 (GPU Loop) | 2x Laing DDC 3.2 / XSPC Acrylic top Rev. 3 | 2x EK Multioption 150 Res Ver. 2 | 2x Thermochill PA 120.3 |
    6x Scythe S-Flex 1200 RPM Fans | 7/16" Primochill Pro Green LRT | 7/16" Primochill Pro Blue LRT | B.P. Silver Shiny 1\2" Barbs | Alphacool Ball Valve / B.P. M-M Rotary fill-port / drain | Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NS NB/SB (GPU Loop)| Black Freezer MOS AMOSII POM Version (GPU Loop)| Bitspower Black Freezer MOS AMOSIII POM Version (GPU Loop)

Xtreme Mentor
    Is it leaking where the tubing is over the barb or at the block where the barb screws in? If it is the latter I had the same issue and had to use a bigger o-ring. Also, I can't believe you scratched the paint.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

i would go for the koolance compression if i were you they work great and are easy to take off

Xtreme Member
    It's hard to believe that 1/2" ID tubing over 1/2" barbs would be hard to take off. I've been using 7/16" ID tubes over 1/2" barbs and now that's almost impossible to take off. I will attest to the fact that you wont have any leaks w/o using clamps when you do use 7/16" ID tubes over 1/2" barbs though. 2 years running leak free.

I decided to just go w/ compression fittings on my 3rd iteration of my WC loop. Hopefully, less hassle involved and no need to use boiling water to soften the tubing and such.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by eponymous View Post
    The Koolance clamps are great and they're so hard wearing. I'd say screw getting the screw ones and go for the Koolance quick-clips
    LOL... i love them... :T
    But i think i showed this forum first what they were.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by jinsean View Post
    It's hard to believe that 1/2" ID tubing over 1/2" barbs would be hard to take off. I've been using 7/16" ID tubes over 1/2" barbs and now that's almost impossible to take off. I will attest to the fact that you wont have any leaks w/o using clamps when you do use 7/16" ID tubes over 1/2" barbs though. 2 years running leak free.
    yeah and this guy thought he was smart like you are and look what happened.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=240946

:T

Use CLAMPS. At least bust out the zipties.

I used to be like you also, til i had a simular accident. After that i always have spare koolance clamps.

They dont look bad either.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 12-18-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Addict
    Why somebody would not use clamps is beyond me...you would not do plumbing without using some sort of clamp at the end to prevent the hose from coming off the barb...why would you do it in the case of computer WC